ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Thirsty's Accs. - Impulse, P&J, BS Expert FC's with Video's!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adventurejimbob wrote:
Hey dude, great job on all of the Hard FC's (glad to see that there is another person who doesn't always play on Expert here). By the way, you probably picked YWC for #200 due to its sheer ear-shattering awfulness. I've finally figured out the meaning of life... I mean, that song. "Yes We Can (or Yes, It Can Be Done)!" or "Si se puede..." is the motto of the United Farm Workers (in Mexico). Although I don't understand why the guitar on it sucks quite yet, I understand the "whistle solo" is the signal to work, and the repetition of those two phrases ("Yes we can!, and Si se puede") represent the workers' tireless commitment to getting the job done. "Tierra y libertad" means land and liberty, the two things the United Farm Workers are committed to. Yes, the song sucks musically, but at least the lyrics (which seemed to be as awful as the instruments) have some meaning to them.

Oh. I see. That's quite the investigation you completed there. Thanks for the information, and the congratulations.
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for some progress in GHWT. I finally figured out my lag calibration. It works PERFECTLY. I FC'd American Woman and The Middle a few days ago, and I got B.Y.O.B. after a while. It wasn't hard, but I kept making a ton of stupid mistakes. I got the FC on vid too. Here it is! Please subscribe... I think I'm going get vids of a bunch more songs. Also, I think I'll begin them with little intros of me playing the catchy bit of the song on my Clarinet. In particular, I'm planning this for Dammit by blink-182. I can play along with my Clarinet. It's pretty funny. Anyway, I'll be working on WT, and hopefully I can borrow Metallica and Smash Hits in the future.

Also, just including this for history keeping purposes.

I, in multiple previous updates, said, not wrote:

I pretty much finished up GH2H today, getting Laid to Rest and Jessica FC's (#61 and 62 respectively). That brings me to 208/211 Hard FC's across the first four games. Misirlou is stupid hard, and as stated multiple times below, no PAL=no Trogdor. I might try for Misirlou for a bit, but I haven't FC'd either Guitar Break once, and I can barely keep a combo. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have any tips?

Today I played TLTB for about 30 minutes and finally FC'd the stupid strumming in the Solo B. That's number 60/64 in GH2 and 206/211 overall. I still have Jessica and Laid to Rest, so I'll probably get those today or tomorrow. I'll give Misirlou a try and see if I can FC the Guitar Breaks. If it's too hard, I'll just return the game to my friend. If I can, I may try a bit for the FC. I don't have PAL, or Swap Magic, so Trogdor won't happen.

I just got my 59th Hard FC in GH2H, Free Bird. It took a maybe 5 or 6 runs that got to the solo. (Stupid 4 minute easy intro). The hardest part was Solo Q, but for some reason it is way easier during an actual run. I got the FC my first time FC'ing all the way to Q so that was good. The Light that Blinds is the only hard FC left that I will probably get before returning my friend's PS2. I'll make sure to get Jessica and Laid to Rest too before I give it back. Anyway, TLTB Solo B is annoying the crap out of me. I'm strumming the right speed, but I'm overstrumming 2 or 3 times during the whole solo. I'll finish and it says 100% (70/70). Very annoying, any tips?

Here's the whole Solo B hard part:

--------

Got another GH2H FC today. Freya. I got it my first run past that strumming Solo 1. It took about 15 minutes in practice mode, and then 5 or 6 real runs.

So I continued playing GH2 and got two more FC's, numbers 202 and 203. I got Beast and the Harlot, ON VIDEO, and Fall of Pangea. BatH took about 10 minutes in practice mode to get Solo D then like 5 real runs for the FC. The video is a cappella and very funny. Fall of Pangea took about 10 minutes to get 1c-1d, and then maybe 10 minutes of real runs. I almost missed in the Solo 2 trills, but I kept with it and got the FC my first time past 1d. Cool stuff.

So that means I have 7 GH2 Hard FC's left. Freya, Jessica and Laid to Rest are all relatively easy. Free Bird is doable, with really only Solo Q as a hard part. TLTB solo is tricky, but I've hit it, and it will just require a lucky run. Misirlou I don't really have a chance on, so I'll leave that for some time far in the future, and Trogdor, without PAL, is an obvious no-no. I'll try to get to 62/208 in the next few days, before I move onto WT.

Also, I went through my imageshack account, and added all my pictures to my scores, so most of my impressive FC's now have pictures. Just click my score links at the top of the page.

HARD FC #200 - YES WE CAN!!!

YES! I did it! Hard FC #200/211! I got my 54th Hard FC on GH2, with the song YES WE CAN!!! I have a video that is uploading. It should be done in about 2 hours.

EDIT: VIDEO!

So this is a pretty big occasion in my Guitar Hero career. I'm joining the ranks of some pretty amazing guys. So I'd like to shout out to 3 people.

eddaket - Mad props for the Hard FSFC, so impressive. You helped me a few times, so you get a mention.

ortiz1193 - My first rival, starting out on GH3H, we pushed each other back and forth, first to 19 mil, and beyond. The push is still continuing though, to 20 mil. You were really the first person who ever gave me drive to strive for FC's. I really owe it all to you.

Chubbly457 - The Hard MASTER, Chubz. I befriended you as we fought for top places in GH3H Wii, while I waited for ortiz to catch up (which he certainly did). You really inspired me to go for some of the tougher FC's, and for a while I always wanted to get even with you.

Afterwards, I practiced the Six solo for a bit, and I FC'd it 4 or 5 times. I did a real run and FC'd it my very first try for FC #201!!!

Chubbly457  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirsty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hai! I miss you. We need to talk more. <_< 208 is insane! Obviously you should go for Misirlou next. You should try what I did for it, use a hyperspeed towel/whatever you use for hyperspeed in GH1. I got the FC after about 10 minutes of trying it (one try of each break in practice mode (both FCs), one -2 run, FC). So that might help. Don't have any other advice besides that really. It's worth a shot. I dunno.

Would you get a Swap Magic if you only had TTFAF and Trogdor left? (or just Trogdor if you can get TTFAF O_O). It's not that bad really. You could get it in a few hours.

And then do you think you could ever get TTFAF? I could help you with any sections you're having trouble with.

Oh and apparently you're working on GHWT. Good luck. About 75 of the songs you could get in one or two tries, and 9 more of them won't give you too much trouble. The only really dificult ones are Satch Boogie and Hot For Teacher, and I'm sure you could get both of them. Good luck Paul!

I play real guitar too. :P
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHWT easy peasy, I'm expecting a FGFC by next week. Considering the other stuff you've done, it'll be no problem.

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LemonMeringue wrote:
GHWT easy peasy, I'm expecting a FGFC by next week. Considering the other stuff you've done, it'll be no problem.

*Gasp* What a compliment coming from you! Thanks! Anyway, I think I could get a FGFC in a week or two, but I just can't play for extended periods of time. It's a pain to write down a ton of paths, and I HATE FC'ing songs without paths. My TV is really far away from my computer, so that's annoying. I'm also leaving on Thursday on a mission trip, so obviously I can't play then. Hopefully when I return I can go for the FGFC. Obviously HFT and Satch are the hard ones. I haven't practiced HFT at all, but today I only missed a note or two in Solo D of Satch so that FC I think is quite possible.

Oh, and Chubz, I'd probably only get a Swap Magic if Trogdor was all I had left. I don't think it'd be worth it otherwise. Even if it was all I had left though, I still don't think I'd get it. My parents would not be okay with me spending like $20-$30 for ONE song in a video game, especially Guitar Hero, which they already think I play too much of.
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swap magic is more than worth it, because customs are really stupidly fun. Anyway, trogdor is really hard still with swap magic, but you should wait until after misirlou to worry about that heh. Misirlou is a hard song, but it's got an easy path and you should be able to tie for 2nd without TOO much effort, which is nice.

Anyway for HFT I think using esneky's path on pathhero but using 3 for the last activation instead of 1-2 is better (I used 1-2, but I think that might have lost me some points). For satch, use JosephL's path. There's really nothing else that is difficult enough for me to make sure you use the right path on the first FC, they can all be re-FC'd pretty easily iirc.

Good luck when you do get started, if you have any questions about paths or whatever feel free to ask.

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, good thing you're back ! Finally you're going to work on this, don't forget about our rivalry .

Good luck with the FGFC I say. Oh and, HfT isn't easy ........

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for a random update. Four Expert FC's, with more to come. TTFAF H is giving me fits, so I decided to play a little Expert.
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for 3 new FC's, and two more with video! (And Impulse)

Pride and Joy Expert FC Video!
Black Sunshine Expert FC Video!
Impulse Expert FC Video!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: