ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Imageshack images potentially being changed/compromised

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:32 am    Post subject: Imageshack images potentially being changed/compromised Reply with quote

In going back through old ScoreHero threads, and upon reading this thread by accident in an Incognito window, I saw that user Dugtrio has a Free Ukraine avatar, despite not having posted in almost 13 years. A friend looking as well saw that Dugtrio has an Imageshack avatar, which presumably was quite different back in 2009.

I have no idea why Imageshack changed old avatar URLs to redirect to the new avatar, or what else it could be, but it seems like a security, or at least a practical, issue nonetheless. The avatar could theoretically be anything, whether Imageshack themselves changed it, or something else entirely happened.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have seen this in regular viewing. I found that weird at first and thought, hey they came back, lurked and changed their avatar or even signature, but if they did forced that change, then yes it could be a security breach.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have now seen this outside of opening it in an Incognito window, with Adblocker still on, I'll post exactly what I am seeing:

Here is the link for the avatar: https://q2e3s4x2.stackpathcdn.com/no-war-flag.jpg
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My avatar was changed too. Deleted it.

Actually kind of a relief if it's due to imageshack compared to my account itself being compromised.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: