Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SetlistPatcher
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
damage9  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a limit of adding extra songs in GH2. I got to put up to 25 songs using ARK tool, and the game were still working on GHex. When I added the 26th song directory, the ARK tool couldn't open the ARK, but the GHex were working as nothing wrong had happened. So I opened my "25 extra song ARK file" again and tried to put 27-30 extra songs, and neither ARK tool and GHex could work on it. Does somebody got to add more than 25 songs or had the same problem? Could this had happened because of the ARK file size?

PS: ALL my songs have the 3 practice speed vgs files and tutorial songs. The ARK has 3,97Gb (with 64+25= 89 songs).
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have a working disc with 27 added songs for 91 selectable songs. I works ghex and arktool as well. Im planning on adding more Ill let you know how it goes. None of mine have practice .vgs.

What is the highest number of songs anybody has worked out to display correctly? My top so far is 76 songs displaying and scrolling perfectly.
damage9  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the problem must be the size. Well, I'll keep trying to add at list 30 songs, but without take the practice files out (just to make the game look like the original version ).
Fiirikkusu  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackheartstar wrote:
My top so far is 76 songs displaying and scrolling perfectly.

So thats 76 new songs added on to the 64 song setlist right? Did you add them all to the bonus tier or did you distribute them through the different tiers? I've been meaning to mess with this but I just installed vista on my pc and I wanted to see if maybe I could get into it a bit more but yea.....the lack of compatiblity with Ghex has haulted my work with Custom GH stuff. But either today or tomorrow im going back to XP and I will continue my research on this. I would really like to add my ENTIRE collection of charts and songs to GH2.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trouble now. Last night I added a total of 25 songs in GH2, but when I was making a ISO (Apache2), the program didn't finished it, putting more and more bytes into my ISO when it reached 99%. So I waited 30 minutes and nothing about concluing the ISO (the current ISO was almost reaching 5Gb, but in fact it has "just" 4Gb!). What's wrong? Is there a way to repair it? Or Should I start all over again (changing songs and adding new ones)?

PS: As I said before, with 20 extra tracks the ISO works 100%.
Croatoan  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damage9 wrote:
I'm trouble now. Last night I added a total of 25 songs in GH2, but when I was making a ISO (Apache2), the program didn't finished it, putting more and more bytes into my ISO when it reached 99%. So I waited 30 minutes and nothing about concluing the ISO (the current ISO was almost reaching 5Gb, but in fact it has "just" 4Gb!). What's wrong? Is there a way to repair it? Or Should I start all over again (changing songs and adding new ones)?

do you have an FAT32 or an NTFS file system?
because FAT32 only suport 3.99 gb files, and the iso can have 4.7 gb (dvd capacibility)
if your filesystem is FAT32 you will need to convert it to NTFS
Edit: oops fixed

Last edited by Croatoan on Thu May 15, 2008 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teancum  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NTFS actually -- you probably meant that, but you put NTSC.
damage9  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Croatoan wrote:
damage9 wrote:

do you have an FAT32 or an NTSC file system?
because FAT32 only suport 3.99 gb files, and the iso can have 4.7 gb (dvd capacibility)
if your filesystem is FAT32 you will need to convert it to NTSC

I didn't try to do this conversion yet, but I think this is the point, because the all the ISOs with less than 4Gb that I built with Apache worked well. I'll do it later on and will let you know if it worked.
damage9  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The computer I am using to work on GH2 is already on NTFS, and the problem is really about the size. Last night I made an ISO with tha same ARK file that I was trying before, but with the VIDEOS directory smaller than before (to reach less than 4Gb), and everything turned out just fine.
But I still don't know what to do to make a ISO bigger than 4Gb (maybe the Fat file system should work?).
Croatoan  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damage9 wrote:
The computer I am using to work on GH2 is already on NTFS, and the problem is really about the size. Last night I made an ISO with tha same ARK file that I was trying before, but with the VIDEOS directory smaller than before (to reach less than 4Gb), and everything turned out just fine.
But I still don't know what to do to make a ISO bigger than 4Gb (maybe the Fat file system should work?).

try to use the cd/dvd gen,apache again and shrink your file
damage9  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still didn't solve this problem. So i made a new topic, since this one is about setlistpatcher, and my problem is taking another way. And thank you guys for (keeping on) trying to help.
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question what is the purpose of the song_list.milo_ps2 and song_list2.Milo_ps2? Would these have anything to do with our song appearence/dissappearence problem or are they just miss leading names? When I view them in milo explorer I get some star images and alot of info I dont understand.
danielmbp  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackheartstar wrote:
Quick question what is the purpose of the song_list.milo_ps2 and song_list2.Milo_ps2? Would these have anything to do with our song appearence/dissappearence problem or are they just miss leading names? When I view them in milo explorer I get some star images and alot of info I dont understand.

Where are these files located ?
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

list_song.milo_ps2 and list_song2.milo_ps2 are located in ui/gen

Sorry I had the words list and song backwards in the previouse post
Fiirikkusu  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I just thought I'd add this because when I patched the setlist it froze on me when I tried to get to the setlist on the game.
On the command line where it says "Setlistpatcher sel_song.milo_ps2 (# of songs)", you can only input 425 because then the setlist patcher will corrupt. I tried adding 999 but yea it just corrupted and i wasnt able to open it with miloexplorer. It can only add up to i think 35 meshes to it but mine is at 34. So danielmp if you didnt know that i gues just put it in the OP thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: