ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - GH2 - Expert League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElvisReborn  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yudlugar wrote:
arvain wrote:
sorry i was so upset that i didn't even try to speak normally
are you sure you just have 402k ? that means i spent (wasted) all my time yesterday trying to increase my score and fc the song when i already had a good score on my sightread (i mean i hadn't played it since gh3 came out) ? no way !! i almost threw my guitar through the tv (me too ^^) after two hours of playing it straight
well, at least i have an (almost)-fc and a good score anyway...i won't play Madhouse for a looong while now !
now Rock this town...i like this song ^^ maybe an fc, who knows...and even if i can't fc, i'll do my best , 'cause it's the first playoff song that i like
ps : hope you understand now

Yes, I'm sure I just have 402k, I apologise for wasting your time, although I'm confused as to how you had a good score on your siteread when your last post stated it took you ages to get the ho/po's in the verses down but whatever.

Hopefully the next person provides more of a challenge to you and doesn't waste your time.

In my opinion I wouldn't see it as time wasted, you were pushed to do well on a song you didn't like. That is what leagues have kinda been for me on and off, songs I liked/disliked. In the end you come out with the best score you could have gotten, regardless of who you are playing in the playoffs.

Now I got the FC on Madhouse(was completely stoked by the way ), but, no offense to mac at all, I may have not even needed to FC it. I played as though I was playing the most difficult opponent out there, and if he beats me, I still know I did my best and that I am very proud of my score

May the best plastic guitarist win! I'll be playing RTT anyways because I like it!

EDIT: Sorry to hear about your guitar FireWorks Hope you had a great time and a lot of improvement this season anyways, regardless of where you finished here. It was a pleasure competing against you
XBic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops - looks like I should check my PM's more often
that's ok - I highly doubt I would have beaten Squig's score anywhoo (top 6 ?!?)

Good luck guys!
YetiPirate  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh. got knocked out, number 9 upset the numba 1!!!

its okay, i had to drop out anyways, which is why i didn't get that madhouse FC....

i currently don't even have guitar hero anywhere near me.
so... =[

good luck to ya viper, i'm pretty positive you can win this.

GH2X-4 S9
Season Points Winner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: AngryYetiPirate
ElvisReborn  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man arvain..you are good at squeezing No FC and you still clearly beat my score I think lefties have it really bad for whammying in that song I couldn't get all the whammy out of anything. I didn't even think of using the lazy whammy path, but it wouldn't have netted me many more points anyways. I am so glad RTT doesn't have many whammying phrases I am really looking forward to this matchup! In my opinion, I think the finals might have come early!
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent so much time on that song and the only person I didn't beat was the person I was up against. I knew not hitting that last squeeze was going to kill me, but whatever, I'm still in two other leagues so I can just focus more on those other two. I hit that squeeze once but I missed in the solo. I kept trying and few FCs later still hadn't gotten it. Better luck next time, and good luck to the remaining members!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Same exact thing happened to me.

I worked my ass off on that song, and I beat everyone's scores except the guy I was up against, Vipergtsr. I feel like I could have improved last night, but my whammy crapped out on me and spent most of the night trying (in vain) to repair it. I ended up only getting a couple runs in before it died, so even if I had made it through, I don't think that I would have gone any farther. Especially since I SUCK at Rock this Town.

It's been fun.

Good luck to everyone other than Vipergtsr

jk.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
christiano27  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew I just scraped past mike410 by 7k! Unlucky mate!

Madhouse is one of those songs I don't mind playing but my score isn't very good on but I was fairly confident I'd progress with 366k!

So I made the semi-finals and bring on the Brenninator!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What division are you in? Because 383k wasn't enough to move me on and I'm in D4!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
christiano27  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Division 3, like I said it's not one of my best songs as I can't hit the fills in the chorus ever and I'm pretty inconsistant with the bits inbetween the bits if you get me?

I was sort of annoyed to be in D3 at first too because I thought if I had worked hard I could have made D2 but I'm glad I'm in D3 as it's probably my current level, I'll aim for D2 next time .

That must be pretty gutting for you being in a lower division with such a good score, just unlucky to be drawn up against probably the best in your division.

I'm sure I'll meet you at some point in future leagues, just have to hope Madhouse doesn't get picked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christiano27 wrote:
Division 3, like I said it's not one of my best songs as I can't hit the fills in the chorus ever and I'm pretty inconsistant with the bits inbetween the bits if you get me?

I was sort of annoyed to be in D3 at first too because I thought if I had worked hard I could have made D2 but I'm glad I'm in D3 as it's probably my current level, I'll aim for D2 next time .

That must be pretty gutting for you being in a lower division with such a good score, just unlucky to be drawn up against probably the best in your division.

I'm sure I'll meet you at some point in future leagues, just have to hope Madhouse doesn't get picked

that guy was usually number 2 to me, but i only had 2 runs at the song before i left for san diego, and i posted a 366... i could do the squigilies, your part was easy....

whatever though.
rock this town would have RAPED me.

GH2X-4 S9
Season Points Winner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: AngryYetiPirate
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
yudlugar wrote:
Yes, I'm sure I just have 402k, I apologise for wasting your time, although I'm confused as to how you had a good score on your siteread when your last post stated it took you ages to get the ho/po's in the verses down but whatever.

actually, my "sightread" was on monday...around 400k with a random path...i was just amazed i could get those ho-po (i never had them before!). then no way i could do it again it always happens and i don't know why (like that time i almost fc'd solo c and the end of freebird on a totally random run...). i had to spend all tuesday and yesterday on training to have them again !(i call this "ages") my nerves couldn't take much more when i choked on that 3rd to last note, i was sooooooo mad !!! don't know if i'll ever go for a 1053 ns...maybe in a year or two !

Quote:
Hopefully the next person provides more of a challenge to you and doesn't waste your time.

ok ok pfff i said i wasted my time cause i spent it all on that stupid song i don't even like that much, just to get that stupid 1051ns when i'd have won anyway with my ~404k -14 run (in 3 different spots). don't you think you'd have been frustrated too ? well I was ! if at least the song was one of my favourite...it would'nt have been such a pain to spend time on it !
but like elvis said, it wasn't a total waste, because i improved waaaay more than i had imagined. but still, when i have a choke like this, my improvment is not the first thing i'm thinking about

Quote:
ElvisReborn wrote :
Man arvain..you are good at squeezing No FC and you still clearly beat my score I think lefties have it really bad for whammying in that song I couldn't get all the whammy out of anything. I didn't even think of using the lazy whammy path, but it wouldn't have netted me many more points anyways. I am so glad RTT doesn't have many whammying phrases I am really looking forward to this matchup! In my opinion, I think the finals might have come early!

thanks ^^ i'm getting better at squeezing since i learned to do it on gh3. actually, i only missed 500pts at the end ( = 800pts, but my hand slipped and i missed so + + = 300pts). what i do is squeezing my best even if i'm not sure to fc the song : this way, even if i end up with a -1 / -2 run, and decide to stop trying to fc the song, at least i have some more points which is sometimes important when the opponent can fc the song too ^^
you're right, lefties have no luck with whammy if we'd have been against each other on this round and you were not lefty, you'd have won for sure your score is already really good even being lefty !
this time, i totally love RTT ! i already spent all day (vacations are useful when playing leagues^^) improving my score everytime i played it and squeezing all i can ! the 1st sp has a hold note very hard to whammy...and solos are so weird ! but as the afternoon went by, i managed to hit them almost everytime...finally, i got a pretty good score, i won't be able to get more i submitted it a few hours ago, so i hope it will do it against you Elvis !!
by saying "In my opinion, I think the finals might have come early!", what do you mean exactly, i'm not sure i understand well sorry
ps : good luck to you too Elvis
ps2 : Fireworks i now understand why you didn't submit any score hope to see you next season
ps3 : omg lol@ the length of my post
yudlugar  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="arvain"]
Quote:
yudlugar wrote:

actually, my "sightread" was on monday...around 400k with a random path...i was just amazed i could get those ho-po (i never had them before!). then no way i could do it again it always happens and i don't know why (like that time i almost fc'd solo c and the end of freebird on a totally random run...). i had to spend all tuesday and yesterday on training to have them again !(i call this "ages") my nerves couldn't take much more when i choked on that 3rd to last note, i was sooooooo mad !!! don't know if i'll ever go for a 1053 ns...maybe in a year or two !

Quote:

ok ok pfff i said i wasted my time cause i spent it all on that stupid song i don't even like that much, just to get that stupid 1051ns when i'd have won anyway with my ~404k -14 run (in 3 different spots). don't you think you'd have been frustrated too ? quote]

No.

My reaction probably would have been, sweet, I won. I would have been frustrated at choking two notes from the end though, haha.
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, i DID thought "sweet i can make it to the semi finals^^" but right after it i realized i was getting mad because of this song (no wonder it's called Madhouse ) for "nothing"...well, after all, and as i said, elvis is right : it pushed me to improve my score regardless of who i was playing...
now i wonder which song will be chosen for the finals (i don't care if i make it or not, i'll just play it anyway, like i did on s8 playoffs after i lost)...maybe Jordan or Hangar 18 ^^ looking forward to this !
ElvisReborn  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
by saying "In my opinion, I think the finals might have come early!", what do you mean exactly, i'm not sure i understand well sorry

I meant this as, entirely in my opinion, that our match will be the closest, most decisive one, therefore I believe the winner here has a very good chance of winning this whole thing, with the top 2 seeds remaining going at it This match could be closer and more interesting than the finals match, which is why I said that (no offense to Faldion or rube at all, whoever makes it to the finals has just as good chance as either of us to win)

Anyways, goodluck to all!
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YetiPirate wrote:
good luck to ya viper, i'm pretty positive you can win this.

thank you im feeling great because in the past few weeks my skill has randomly jumped as i beat TDWDTG without using SP till Vic Solo R, beat Jordan, and beat RaBl while never even stepping into yellow on crowd meter and i didnt use SP in Mosh 1 where as b4 i could very inconsistantly pass RaBl

o also yesterday i FCed Madhouse but a bit too late for leagues

IWillKickU wrote:
^^ Same exact thing happened to me.

I worked my ass off on that song, and I beat everyone's scores except the guy I was up against, Vipergtsr. I feel like I could have improved last night, but my whammy crapped out on me and spent most of the night trying (in vain) to repair it. I ended up only getting a couple runs in before it died, so even if I had made it through, I don't think that I would have gone any farther. Especially since I SUCK at Rock this Town.

It's been fun.

Good luck to everyone other than Vipergtsr

jk.

sorry IWKU, better luck next season and as i stated above, my skill jumped randomly

but it works out since you suck at RTT and im pretty good at it

99% here we come but i seriously doubt i could pull this FC out of my ass in 1 day, maybe ill get lucky but i doubt it

also PHEW! i was scared when my power went out and almost didnt get a chance to get my scores

good luck to all 3 of the very skilled players left but i think since i gave the boot to IWKU and Yeti is out, ive got good chances to win this unless im overlooking someone

since i let GH1 Expert go, and have GH2 Hard D2 in the bag(very easy), i really want to win this one since ive actually worked hard at it
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 23 of 26

Jump to: