ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - GH2 - Expert League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breninator  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arterial black! I really hope I made the finals now. I'm actually decent at that song, and if I get a better SP path, I think I could do pretty well.
Confury  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1: Confury
364,558 (100%, 1115 NS)

vs.

#4: eblp4life
364,548 (100%, 1115 NS)

First off, Nice fucking match eblp. 10 points. That is fucking close. I was really worried that you would beat me, because I had gotten both YB chords under SP like 4-5 times, but either missed before or after it....10 fucking points, jesus. Might I add, I don't think I outsqueezed you on ticks on the last activation, but instead in the intro. Not sure if you know, but you can actually get out of the intro (the YO chords) with ticks HIGHER than the upperbound path, because if you have a 9 note streak and you hit one of the YO's early before the ticks are done accumulating, it'll treat those ticks as under 2x multi and give you a bit more. After I found this out, I started each run with about 20 points higher than upperbound. Kinda lame knowing that's how I won, but still, amazing job man.

I've already started working on Arterial Black...I've FC'ed it twice but can't seem to get solo F down for leagues. I choked on F on a NICE squeezing run. I hope to get a good run in soon though. Also, Arterial Black as the finals song kinda sucks to be honest. Me and Squiggle both agreed that Hangar 18 or something like that would have been REALLY good.

And finally, good luck Squiggle. I think we're pretty even on the whole squeezing deal, so this should be close. But I didn't really want the finals to be a squeeze-fest...ah well.

And, I have to do it but....500TH POST! I can has blue banner nao kthx, Guitar God ftw.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Elvis !!!
that was soooo close !!! you were right, when there's almost no whammy in a song, you rock !!
on a side note, did you all notice ? it looks like many players who made it to the playoffs don't submit any score "no score submitted" is written almost everywhere !! and you make it to the finals without even playing anyone well, not me, but i know someone who only had to face one person to be in finals, 1st and 3rd round were "non submitted scores"...i know there must be a lot of reason for someone not to submit a score, but still, i think it's kind of sad even if you played the song as you were facing Confury or suigglejoe
as for me, i was right to play RTT this way elvis, you were right too when you said our match would be the closest one !! grats !!
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job to all 3 of the other D4 round 3 people, but i gotta say i was expecting superzon to be in finals so really good job Bigfish

i highly suggest you keep working on RTT because with the scores you have, you are not that far away from the FC; believe me as i got that FC this morning finally when i was taking a break from Ar Bl and just a month or so ago i could very inconsistently 5* the song so your closer than you think to the FC.
just wish it went down in the league record books but it was too late and -2 was the best i could get in time

Good luck to you Bigfish; work hard and give me a good final round

also good luck to all other divisions and ill see some of you guys next season because im shooting for D2 next season
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
solrac7623  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, I didn't make it to the finals . And it was only because I only had enough time this round to play Rock This Town once (with a pretty crappy score >_<). Ah well, I'm over it. Great job atruebassist.
ElvisReborn  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
OMG Elvis !!!
that was soooo close !!! you were right, when there's almost no whammy in a song, you rock !!
on a side note, did you all notice ? it looks like many players who made it to the playoffs don't submit any score "no score submitted" is written almost everywhere !! and you make it to the finals without even playing anyone well, not me, but i know someone who only had to face one person to be in finals, 1st and 3rd round were "non submitted scores"...i know there must be a lot of reason for someone not to submit a score, but still, i think it's kind of sad even if you played the song as you were facing Confury or suigglejoe
as for me, i was right to play RTT this way elvis, you were right too when you said our match would be the closest one !! grats !!

Wow!! Really wasn't expecting it to be that close myself! Very nice score, match, playoffs, etc! I figured I might be going down, but I knew I'd go down fighting! It was a pleasure competing against you and everyone else! If I do leagues next season, this will probably be my only league because I enjoyed this one the most by far!(and 3 is just too many to worry about when there is so much to do over the summer!)

I too noticed the lack of submitted scores and secretly wished I was now on the other side of the playoff bracket It's not that it's anyone's fault, just that some people ended up against ones who didn't submit any scores. Like for instance, I was worried I would have to play Deak for my first song in the playoffs, since he had some really good Week 4 scores but apparently something happened and he didn't play, so I was relieved in that regard That relief, however, was short-lived when I knew I would have to play arvain in the semifinals if I made it that far My point is that some players get more breaks than others and some have a much harder road to the finals or however far they got than others. My road had a large bump in it in the form of arvain Best of luck to you in the finals and everyone else left in the playoffs! It was a fun trip!
Squigglejoe  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooooow. That's incredibile you guys, epic much? 10 points difference in semi-final is just O_O

Hmm I have a few things to say. I've made the final, even though it was based on pretty much a forfeit because he didn't enter a score I feel bad.. He had the potential to beat my score as it was on the meh side of things. After looking back through the scores Confury has definately learnt to squeeze well! Also, looking at the epic matches leading up to the final I'd say he deserves to win but I'll give it a shot :p

Although, Arterial Black wouldn't have been my song of choice (Watch me constantly choke that Outro)

Good luck Confury and everybody else that has made the finals! =)

Guitar Hero 1: 33/47
Guitar Hero 2: 63/64
Guitar Hero 80's: 26/30
Guitar Hero 3: 67/70

Total: 189/211

Currently working on: GH2X score improvements/Jordan

Current Jordan Score: 466099

Most recent score improvements:
26/8 John The Fisherman (+8)
3/8 Bad Reputation (+204)
31/7 Tattooed Love Boys (+127)
30/7 Surrender (+112)
22/7 Bad Reputation (+24)
3/7 Jordan (+15211)
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solrac7623 wrote:
Dammit, I didn't make it to the finals . And it was only because I only had enough time this round to play Rock This Town once (with a pretty crappy score >_<). Ah well, I'm over it. Great job atruebassist.

Thanks solrac. That was too close. If you had more time, I'm sure you would get 300K. Maybe we will meet up in the playoffs again with a better song! Also, good luck to you Breninator.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
christiano27  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well!

Well done Breninator, I was happy with my score so no qualms there!

Good luck Bren, maybe we'll meet again!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElvisReborn wrote:

Wow!! Really wasn't expecting it to be that close myself! Very nice score, match, playoffs, etc! I figured I might be going down, but I knew I'd go down fighting! It was a pleasure competing against you and everyone else! If I do leagues next season, this will probably be my only league because I enjoyed this one the most by far!(and 3 is just too many to worry about when there is so much to do over the summer!)

I too noticed the lack of submitted scores and secretly wished I was now on the other side of the playoff bracket It's not that it's anyone's fault, just that some people ended up against ones who didn't submit any scores. Like for instance, I was worried I would have to play Deak for my first song in the playoffs, since he had some really good Week 4 scores but apparently something happened and he didn't play, so I was relieved in that regard That relief, however, was short-lived when I knew I would have to play arvain in the semifinals if I made it that far My point is that some players get more breaks than others and some have a much harder road to the finals or however far they got than others. My road had a large bump in it in the form of arvain Best of luck to you in the finals and everyone else left in the playoffs! It was a fun trip!

very fun indeed i too liked gh2x the most ! maybe because after signing up for gh3 back in s8, it was more difficult to improve my scores (and maybe also because of the songs choice ).
thank you very much for all those compliments especially the large bump i'm glad we had this competition, and this semi-finals round was amazingly close !! it should be this way for each round
2 thumbs up, 10/10 for gh2x ! next time i think i'll sign up (but not a 3rd time if we still can choose gh2x : by then i'll have improved too much, and leagues won't help me more) and i hope i'll meet you again
good night and good luck to everyone on finals !
BigFish  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:
good job to all 3 of the other D4 round 3 people, but i gotta say i was expecting superzon to be in finals so really good job Bigfish

i highly suggest you keep working on RTT because with the scores you have, you are not that far away from the FC; believe me as i got that FC this morning finally when i was taking a break from Ar Bl and just a month or so ago i could very inconsistently 5* the song so your closer than you think to the FC.
just wish it went down in the league record books but it was too late and -2 was the best i could get in time

Good luck to you Bigfish; work hard and give me a good final round

also good luck to all other divisions and ill see some of you guys next season because im shooting for D2 next season

Yeah, I'm absolutely shocked I've made it this far. This is my first league and I'm in the finals...It's amazing. The other thing is that I've only been playing GH2 for about a month. I've been playing GH3 since January though. I really prefer GH3, but I didn't even make the playoffs in that somehow. I think I was in AA but yeah, that's not the point. I'll give you the best competition I can, but I really think you're gonna come out of this with the win. I think I've done about as good as I can do on the song. I've added almost 30k more onto my previous high score for this...but I don't think it's good enough to win. Congrats to everyone else, I'm just amazed I made it to the finals. Good luck to everyone and good luck to you Viper.
477th on 360
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: My Name Is Fish
eblp4life  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. Well, despite not playing Friday or Saturday, I really doubt I would have beaten my score, I'm not trying to make an excuse, I'm beat. I haven't played RTT since, and now I have no motivation to make it higher. 10 points is 10 points.

Back in Season 5 I had trouble with Solo F, too. Really sucks that I can FC that song easily now, though. I probably could have won it all. Alright, I'm done.

I'm pulling for you Confury, you're the only person to ever beat me heads-up. I'd like to know if it was because you really are the best or if I have simply not faced the upper tier opponents. Good luck to Squiggle of course, even he may need it against this skilled opponent. I gave it my best, and really enjoyed this GH2 league, it pushed my squeezing and precise HO/POs to brand new levels. I was really hoping that Jordan would be the Finals song, I know it's randomly drawn from a limited group, but it just seems fitting as this was the first GH2 Season since 5, you know, hardest song and all.

I'm definitely gonna join a GH3 League, though. I feel bored with GH2, the songs I like, are maxed out (to my abilities.. mostly) to a point where working on them could take hours for a few extra hundred points. And the songs I don't like, well, can stay that way.

I think I'll play Arterial Black as if I were in the Finals, though. Just to see what would have happened if I had been the 10 point victor. Oh well, you'll see me around here soon.

P.S. Told you the re-seeding would greatly affect the playoffs!
Breninator  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

christiano27 wrote:
Ah well!

Well done Breninator, I was happy with my score so no qualms there!

Good luck Bren, maybe we'll meet again!

thanks, you did pretty well too. that was a close match, I hope we face each other again in the future.

Also good luck to atruebassist, this should be an interesting round.
Faldion  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the finals? Holy shit. Probably won't stand a chance, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna try
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost....I cant get 258K. Theres no way. GREAT JOB BRENINATOR! Champion of GH2X Div 3 Champ! Great match up. Youll have to tel me your SP path and if the 360 has diff. SP. allright well, good run but theres always next season. Hopefully ill make Div. 2 next season.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: