ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - GH3 - Medium League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got all four of the FC's, but not squeezing has killed me scores.
louster200  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llamaman2 wrote:
I got all four of the FC's, but not squeezing has killed me scores.

elx wrote:
What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

Yeah, squeezing is going to kill me, especially with RJUCPU and other people I may not know of in this league.

gusmahler  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcstahl1 wrote:
wow, i am gonna get murdered in this league!! if you all, are close or have already fc'd these songs, then i might as well quit now.

i thought the medium leagues where for players that could only 5* and FC a few songs on medium, and those that were better than that would be put into one of the lower hard divisions?
Yeah, looks like they're doing the leagues differently this season. Last season, they closed all of Medium and broke Hard up into many different sub-leagues (at least 5).

But since you're allowed to do multiple leagues, it shouldn't be too surprising that they get more signups. Those that would have chosen Hard ahead of Medium now get to choose both.

As for quitting, don't. The purpose of the league is to improve yourself as a player. Quite frankly, few of us have a shot if RJUCPU is in this league (he's 6th overall!). Doesn't mean we can't try.

Last edited by gusmahler on Wed May 07, 2008 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
TheDave  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry55 wrote:
TheDave... I hear you. I am VERY good at medium, but I suck at hard. I have only beat GH1 and GH80's. I am in the ALL GH HARD league, and I will get smoked. But, I use that league to try to get my medium skills up. My GH3 medium scores suck, but I stopped playing it. GH2 medium was my game.

I have a feeling that I am going to find out that I am not as good at GH3 medium as I think. I can't wait for the first week scores. My guitar's whammy spring broke in season 5 playing Institutionalized. It works, but not too quickly. If my cores suffer, I may have to steal my son's guitar!

Freak19 wrote:
Yes, I am one of the people who actually suck and this league is perfect for me. I hope this league does have a separate division for the average medium player and not only one large division for the people who can actually beat the game on expert.

Thanks for the input guys. I will keep working at my Medium scores then. Glad to hear that it isn't 100% squeezers out there

It really does seam like enough people signed up to split this into two divisions though.
If it were up to me, people FC'n 2+ songs a week go in one division. Maybe the rest of us in another one. But it isn't up to me, will have to wait and see how/if it gets split up.

I'm also in GH2-Hard for fun since I just got a 360/GH2 after the first round of sign-ups, and there was no Medium choice for GH2. I expect to get killed there, thats fine. I was happy I could even pass all of the songs from there this 1st week a couple were just 3* passes there, but at least I passed 'em all!

EDIT: It kinda sucks that I am going to be out of town the end of this week, and over the weekend so I won't get as much as I would like for this weeks songs, but it is just the 1st week. After that I should have lotsa time, except maybe over memorial day weekend.

Wha??? No Expert scores on SH? a few reasons on my wiki page

My Custom made WIRELESS X-Plorer!
My Custom Painted WIRELESS X-Plorer #2! YES, I really made two of them
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops. I'll try not to do that again.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gusmahler wrote:
As for quitting, don't. The purpose of the league is to improve yourself as a player. Quite frankly, few of us have a shot if RJUCPU is in this league (he's 6th overall!). Doesn't mean we can't try.

Yeah, absolutely this. Playing for leagues is far and away the best thing to make you improve yourself. Several times I've found myself pulling out things in the league that I didn't expect, it's all about the motivation.

If it's any consolation, I'm gonna get mauled too - I make no secret of the fact that I'm horribly inconsistent, I can't just pull FCs and good scores out of thin air... so if we bring squeezing into the equation, the level of attention required starts heading towards 'serious grind' which is something I really don't have time for right now, unless I decide to focus on this instead of passing my exams and other real life stuff (which... lolno).

tl;dr: don't worry about getting raped, or at least take comfort from the fact that it's gonna happen to all of us apart from one or two... how does the saying go - "I won't go down by myself but I'll go down with my friends"? Something like that. :P

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Duha  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gusmahler wrote:

Quite frankly, few of us have a shot if RJUCPU is in this league (he's 6th overall!).

If i could get more on ttfaf and finish my fc for RB and one(which i could do just haven't put alot of time in them and redo black magic woman i would be ranked right at 8th im 20th now. then if i reduxed all my songs again cause back where you see all those scores i did the tilt squeeze instead of select squeeze.(except slow ride i went back to test where my squeezing skill is at) i would be up in the top 5 no problem especially after seeing what i can do after this weeks scores. I know im talking a lot of shit but hey thats me i mean no harm but i want to be known as a good squeezer too i want people to know me I guess ill have to squeeze some hard songs too and if i could fc expert i would squeeze them too. but that is enough for now ill let my scores talk for me. Mr. Green
willscot55  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not good at squeezing but it will be interesting to see how I do non the less
gusmahler  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
I can't just pull FCs and good scores out of thin air...
We'd believe you if we didn't notice that you have 69 Medium FCs.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys... I just want to say for the record that I didn't join this league to squash any true medium players. I liked the idea of an open league, similar to the one in hard (which I sucked at by the way) simply for the challenge. I joined this for the same reason most of you should have, to sharpen my skills and get better. I've had the 360 for 2 months now and have had no motivation to make myself comfortable with it or the controllers that go along with it. I've played hard for fc, not for score, and I needed incentive to get some decent scores in and reacquaint myself with the intricacies of squeezing.

All my PS2 scores are from early February and prior. BEFORE debr's optimal paths came out. It was exciting and entertaining to be able to create & work my own paths AND get high rankings. After those paths were posted for everyone, I lost interest in constantly trying to maintain my place and until now have never even looked at his paths as comparison.

I sincerely hope the league is broken up so that it provides a challenge to all skill levels. And I wish each and every one of you the best of luck in your respective placements. Right now my biggest competition is myself and trying to at least meet my previous scores, regardless of where it puts me weekly in the standings. Just set your personal goals and strive to achieve them, then no matter what, youll have the satisfaction of doing your best, improving your skills, and learning along the way.

And, by the way....

gusmahler wrote:
Quite frankly, few of us have a shot if RJUCPU is in this league (she's 6th overall!).

Fixed

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha...you guys are going to get beat by a girl. I didn't enter this division because most of my medium scores are close to optimal already. But like Duha, I'm ranked poorly overall because I only have 4 stars on TtFaF and haven't FC'd NotB, RB, or One on medium. I would have loved an easy division because I'm planning to redux a few of my scores to get #1 on the Wii and #3 overall anyway. I know I am going to get smoked if I end up in the squeezers division of the gh3 hard league I entered because I won't be able to FC many songs on hard. The whole point is to get better though.
DreadedSoul  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Ring and middle finger=no leagues for me.
Should call my DreadedProgg nao. o.0
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
Hey guys... I just want to say for the record that I didn't join this league to squash any true medium players. I liked the idea of an open league, similar to the one in hard (which I sucked at by the way) simply for the challenge. I joined this for the same reason most of you should have, to sharpen my skills and get better. ...and I needed incentive to get some decent scores in and reacquaint myself with the intricacies of squeezing.

I sincerely hope the league is broken up so that it provides a challenge to all skill levels. And I wish each and every one of you the best of luck in your respective placements. Right now my biggest competition is myself and trying to at least meet my previous scores, regardless of where it puts me weekly in the standings. Just set your personal goals and strive to achieve them, then no matter what, youll have the satisfaction of doing your best, improving your skills, and learning along the way.

This.

Also, another reason I joined... to try and help get the numbers up. There's still a part of me that wants to see a medium league go ahead every season for the sake of those who are real medium-level players, 'cos I remember how badly I got smoked when it was cancelled in season 6 and we were forced to move up to hard... that was no fun.

So yeah, it'd be nice if there's more than just the one division here, but then we don't know yet exactly how many people are signed up, and then how many of those will actually submit scores. And on that note:

DreadedSoul wrote:
Broken Ring and middle finger=no leagues for me.
Should call my DreadedProgg nao. o.0

Sorry to hear that dude, here's wishing you a quick and complete recovery.

...and while I'm here:

gusmahler wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
I can't just pull FCs and good scores out of thin air...
We'd believe you if we didn't notice that you have 69 Medium FCs.

Trust me, that took a lot more work than you might think... countless restarts, lots of annoyance and a whole load of time in practice mode for a few bits. If I were to start a new band right now and run through all the songs I'd get no more than 25, probably even less.

Anyway... this week's songs are gonna be very much a last-minute thing for me. Time's slipping away a lot faster than I realise - all I've got left is tomorrow morning and afternoon (which I should use to revise for Friday's exam) and then a bit of time on Friday and Saturday... so I'm not expecting amazing things.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Duha  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so since i went over all the songs only once i figured it wouldn't hurt to try and go do a redux on all the songs tonight. I think i can get a bit more out of three of the four songs. 1 maybe can get a couple hundred more.
gusmahler  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Also, another reason I joined... to try and help get the numbers up. There's still a part of me that wants to see a medium league go ahead every season for the sake of those who are real medium-level players, 'cos I remember how badly I got smoked when it was cancelled in season 6 and we were forced to move up to hard... that was no fun.
I think I was in the season 5 Medium league with you. Yeah, not having Medium as an option in season 6 sucked. Luckily, I've improved a lot since then. But even now, I'm much more comfortable playing Medium than Hard (I was stuck in B-2 league last season).

So signing up to make sure Medium stays around is a good reason. I actually joined for a few reasons:

1) Hard takes too long. I'd spend an hour on each song in Hard. I only need to do each song a few times on Medium to get a decent score.

2) The reason I have less time is because I just got GTA IV and Mario Kart Wii, so I want to devote some gaming time to those games.

3) That said, I also don't want to become rusty at GH3. So joining Medium forces me to still play the game and keep up my skills, plus improve my squeezing.

4) I also want to get the last 4 or so FCs. Unlike some people in this league, I'm not capable of getting 69 or 70 FCs on Medium. There are a few songs I'll never get (RaBL, NOTB, One, FCP, TTFAF.) But I think I can get the other songs. I think I'm missing about 4 songs that I'm capable of FCing, but haven't yet. If those songs get chosen, I'll (hopefully) finally get my FCs.

I wouldn't mind two divisions either. I know I'd have hated it if a Lo7 crashed my Season 5 league and crushed everyone. And to a true Medium player, some of the players in this league might as well be Lo7. I'm not sure if we got enough sign-ups though. This board seems to be anti-Medium.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: