ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - All GH - Expert League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't understand how those high scores on Fat Lip are achieved. I've played with three or four different paths now, watched some videos and followed the paths and everything, and I'm still falling well short of some of those top scores on the rankings page. I'm not a great squeezer by any means, but I've made a conscious effort to play around with the timing window for this song and see how far I can push certain activations (which is something I rarely do), and I'm still falling way short. Am I honestly missing that many points on squeezes? Maybe I'm dropping too many hold points or something. Wish I had a means of recording my runs to see what I'm doing wrong.

(My score's not posted anywhere except the Leagues page - if this little rant is too much of a "hint" then I apologize elx/Deimos and will fix accordingly. )

Oh well, onto I Wanna Rock.
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
I really can't understand how those high scores on Fat Lip are achieved. I've played with three or four different paths now, watched some videos and followed the paths and everything, and I'm still falling well short of some of those top scores on the rankings page. I'm not a great squeezer by any means, but I've made a conscious effort to play around with the timing window for this song and see how far I can push certain activations (which is something I rarely do), and I'm still falling way short. Am I honestly missing that many points on squeezes? Maybe I'm dropping too many hold points or something. Wish I had a means of recording my runs to see what I'm doing wrong.

(My score's not posted anywhere except the Leagues page - if this little rant is too much of a "hint" then I apologize elx/Deimos and will fix accordingly. )

Oh well, onto I Wanna Rock.

i know what you mean at first i thought chris used one more sp phrase ! it's really hard...timing window is sooooo short, i'm glad i got a good score (for me )...it's true : vids and paths you can find here and there are so far away from 290k
you're right, ticks are very hard to get on hold notes on gh1 ! i can get or lose 100pts only at the beginning (after like 30seconds) !
well, i'm done with Fat lip anyway, and even if i like this song, it's getting on my nerves...
AdrianRayn  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... The Way It Ends is still a Three Star for me...
I'm screwed.
On Vocals!
All Expert! All Win.
klye  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate TWIE...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: EyeWoodchuckEwe
Matt276  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:

Go to debr's optimal path site, and look at the approximate scores for the paths for Fat Lip. You should pick a path (no squeeze is probably good) and make sure you're getting exactly the notes you're supposed to be getting. If you're not, then your issue is probably whammying - whammying a few holds well is more important than squeezing at the beginning of your activation. When I'm squeezing I always know exactly what notes my activations are supposed to be starting and ending on, and I usually can tell if I miss a squeeze. Also, it's very easy to lose points on holds on this song, so at least make some effort to hold the holds to the end or the missed points will add up.

Anyway I got a score I'm happy with on Fat Lip in about an hour of playing. Now on to I Wanna Rock (I still don't have this FC... ). Playing Trogdor is stupid, even PhD doesn't want to play it.
Janus5k  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleck. I can't even hit the ziggies in Trogdor.

IWR looks good though, and Fat Lip is ok (though I may want to consult a path). TWIE... well, my score's pretty good, but my standards for that song demand higher.

How disturbing.
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toggy AND TWIE?!?!? I'm gonna get terrible placement :\
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire-Jekyll wrote:
Toggy AND TWIE?!?!? I'm gonna get terrible placement :\

lol that sucks man, DS FTL bigtime this week

jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeeeoch!

TWIE - first time i played it in a LONG time - got almost half my high score.
then, improved quite a bit, but still no 5* - think i'll just give up. Don't want to fuck my wrist up anymore.... i hate this, and people that FC this, or close to it, are bots (ha ha - this is my youtube-noob reference)

but seriously. I think this was a good list of tunes to play actually.
Cross systems like this is something i always knew would come, and I would enjoy tremendously. And, after all my RB playing - i have gotten better

Only hard part for me for this league is - the fact i play with Hyperspeed, and now having to play GH1 songs sans hyper sux.

And another note - since i really like to load my posts up...
Shit, there are a ton of sign-ups - other than Smokey, are there any top guys around for this?

Also - Elx, or anyone - do you know, will this be one gigantic race for the top, or do you think there will be a split (i.e. AAA1, AAA2, AAA3 or AAA, AA, A??)

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
WiseOldUnicorn  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerridthomas79 wrote:
Also - Elx, or anyone - do you know, will this be one gigantic race for the top, or do you think there will be a split (i.e. AAA1, AAA2, AAA3 or AAA, AA, A??)

I was wondering that too. I'm hoping it gets split, because if not I already know I'm doomed.

Rock on, Pufferbutt! \m/ O_o \m/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: WiseOldUnicorn PSN Name: WiseOldUnicorn
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it gets split at the end of this first week it wouldn't be fair if it was a big race for the top
suparanger12  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn it I wanted to be in the all GH expert league... didn't know sign ups were over...
[X] Operation Ground and Pound 628k
[X] Revolution Deathsquad 560k
[X] Fury of the Storm 499k
[X] top 250 on GHWoR Xbox 360
[X] top 150 on GHWoR Xbox360 (138 as of 03/06/2014)
my new accomplishments thread
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=105105
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does anyone else find it much easier to play the Trog solo on PS2 than X360? I can get -1 on PS2, but on 360 I cannot for the life of me get over -5 on 360. Is this just me or am i weird?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
So does anyone else find it much easier to play the Trog solo on PS2 than X360? I can get -1 on PS2, but on 360 I cannot for the life of me get over -5 on 360. Is this just me or am i weird?

my best is -7 on ps2 and like -12 on 360

youre a smokyprogg
PhD  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:

Ill tell you in a week or so when i get a copy of gh2 for the 360..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: