ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - All GH - Expert League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WiseOldUnicorn  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my week two scores are gonna suck. I could improve on everything except HSB with practice, but I'm not gonna have the time to get more than a couple tries in this week. Ah well.

Weird thing about TWIE--every time I played it, my percentage went down, but my score went up.

Rock on, Pufferbutt! \m/ O_o \m/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: WiseOldUnicorn PSN Name: WiseOldUnicorn
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please tell me how the hell you get 290K on Fat Lip. I'm not a great squeezer but on almost all of my other FCs with paths I'm usually within 10K or so of the optimal score, and most of those songs I've only bothered to FC just once or twice (i.e. I was playing more for the FC and less for points, even though I was using standard paths). With Fat Lip I used four different paths and FCed it twice with each path (that's 8 FCs) and I'm still down by almost 14K. I just have a hard time believing that I'm missing that many points on squeezes, especially since I usually get at least the first activation squeeze.

I did manage to five-star TWIE twice on six or seven runs today though - didn't set a high score (best score this week was 373K, high is 384K), but it's respectable. If nothing else I'm at least getting more consistent with it. Wish I could've done better on Trogdor and IWR, but I did beat my old scores on them by 9K and 16K, respectively. Woot.

Bleh, I really don't wanna play Los Angeles again. That one frustrated me like crazy when I was going for the FC. The only thing I think I earned from that FC was a bruised arm

Looking forward to the other songs though.
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i knew i would suck at IWR ! i don't know how i got such a high score several months ago i got over 200k only twice during the week ! on Trogdor, i'm pretty happy with my last-minute improvement of 1.3k TWIE, well, not 500k, but close ! Fat lip was kind of easy to fc, the path i used gave me almost 287k (i saw a squeeze but couldn't get it ^^), but how was 290k even possible ?? well, i guess i wasn't whammying good enough...yet i'm very satisfied with my score (5 consecutive improvements )

this week is going to be terrible !
Texas flood : one of the two songs i haven't 5*'d yet (the other is ttfaf of course). i hate this fuc**ng song, it's too long, too slow, ho-po are impossible but strumming them means overstrums ! and with all that, i don't like listening to it ! seriously, if i can get 5*, i'll never play it again, whatever my score may be !!
HSB : guess it's time to get the right path and try to squeeze ! a squeeze missed will surely mean low rank on this song...
Los Angeles : it took me time to fc, and squeezing on it will be really annoying, i can tell it !
Monsters : if i can get rid of my overstrum after the last chorus, i might be able to get 430 or more...let's do it!

GL to everyone, we're going to need it imo !
Matt276  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
Someone please tell me how the hell you get 290K on Fat Lip. I'm not a great squeezer but on almost all of my other FCs with paths I'm usually within 10K or so of the optimal score, and most of those songs I've only bothered to FC just once or twice (i.e. I was playing more for the FC and less for points, even though I was using standard paths). With Fat Lip I used four different paths and FCed it twice with each path (that's 8 FCs) and I'm still down by almost 14K. I just have a hard time believing that I'm missing that many points on squeezes, especially since I usually get at least the first activation squeeze.

In my best run I hit all the squeezes on debr's bigger squeeze path. My guess is that you weren't following the path correctly - there are two activations that involve getting 3 SP's before activating, and for both of them the 2nd SP that you have to get looks exactly like the 3rd SP. Maybe you were activating after the 2nd SP instead of the 3rd? That's the only way I can think of that you could lose that many points - I did this the first time I FC'd Guitar Hero (the song) and it lost me 5k.
vader9200  

Location: The town from the movie in The Haunting in Connecticut

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, where the hell are the results posted? I clicked on the link in the OP and it just brought me to the page that you post scores into. any help?

EDIT: sorry, didnt look good at the OP, i now c that it wont be posted until tonight... Sorry!
JaKE740  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Flood: Ugh. Need a better 5* on that one anyway.
Heart Shaped Box: Squeeze-fest
Los Angeles: Going for FC, hopefully.
Monsters: Know I can FC this, favorite song this week.

At least there's no insane stuff this week.
NickyScissors  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week:

Fat Lip: FCed a few times and still couldn't get with in 3k of the top dogs...
Trogdor: I can't stand this song... Played it a few times, broke 190k and moved on.
I Wanna Rock: Cool song Had a few good runs and improved on it from my previous score so I'm happy.
The Way It Ends: The pain, the pain... I was hoping to get 500k but funny enough, I beat my previous score by less than 1k!... lol

This Week:

Texas Flood: Omg, I didn't know I could SUCK THAT BAD at a song! It will be funny if I make highest division and don't even 5* this song...
Heart Shape Box: SOOO many good songs on GH2 and we get Trogdor and HSB? Are you kidding me?!?! NickyScissors + terrible whammy skills + squeezefest =
Los Angeles: Should be OK here...
Monsters: Favorite song of the week... I need to work on the solo though. A long time ago, I had one of those WTF? moments and FCed the solo first time playing it in practice.... Haven't been able to do it since!... lol.
Samson007  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I did pretty good for the first week.

Fat Lip was no problem. Even got a top 10 score (at the time I did it, might not be anymore).

I could have done without having to play Trogdor, but at least I upped my old score by like 2000.

I Wanna Rock.......lol. I spent 3 hours on this song trying and failing miserably to FC it. I choked on the LAST strumming part of the end solo like 6 times before I FINALLY got the FC.

TWIE - Meh, I got like a 15k increase from my old score so whatever. in the 530 range so its pretty good for me.

This week should be interesting.......but Los Angeles = UGH I SWORE I WOULD NEVER PLAY THAT PIECE OF CRAP AGAIN!

bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man I got raped this week. TWIE is one of my worst songs in the entire series, but I did finally mangage to get the 5 star on it (5.1 to be exact ) but still it's a shitty score and I know that. I could have FCed IWR but I just ran out of time, didn't have enough time to practice or play it. Fat Lip I seriously started working on at 10:45 (scores due at 11:00), and After many (maybe 5) restarts due to trying to not drop any ticks, and brain farts about activating SP I got one FC and submitted it at 10:58. Just about the only score I was happy about at all was my Trogdor score, I increased it 4K, which is pretty good on a song like that. I hit everything outside of the ridiculous strumming and even came out of the fast stuff with a couple note streak as well.

Oh well, I think week two should be better, maybe I can actually try squeezing on HSB, I'm actually pretty decent at TF (GOIN FOR TEH EFF SEE!!!) Los Angeles seems to be an easy chord fest that I can FC no problem, and I've been meaning to go for the Monsters FC for a while now.

*scans post* looks like I'm getting 4 FCs this week, how about you guys?

smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLLY need to get my TF FC choke off of my back.

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh-ps2/expert/texasflood.nearly-ideal.best.png

I missed at measure 75 once.

Yes, 75. After getting the solo. Good fuck.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to 5* TF this week
Need to FC LA
Need to do waaay better on Monsters
Need to redux/squiz HSB

Looks like a lot of work for this league this week

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
I REALLLY need to get my TF FC choke off of my back.

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/gh-ps2/expert/texasflood.nearly-ideal.best.png

I missed at measure 75 once.

Yes, 75. After getting the solo. Good fuck.

now THAT is a painful choke. GL smoky

McSkinny  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i sucked terribly week 1. I was getting pissed off at Fat Lip so I didn't care if I got the squeezes. TWiE I just suck at, it was my last 5 star out of all the games. IWR i fc'ed the 2nd solo but messed up the first solo. Trogdor was okay.

I like this week though.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
chiefbigtree14  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this weeks songs. hopefully i can get better scores this time because ill have more time to play. last week i only had half a day to get my scores for this league and the gh2X league, so my scores arent that good.

The HOPOs will be so easy that you can bash the frets left and right with your penis and end up hitting the entire solo.

My Acc. Thread: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63204
Chuckleslovakian  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
Need to 5* TF this week
Need to FC LA
Need to do waaay better on Monsters
Need to redux/squiz HSB

Looks like a lot of work for this league this week

hey, this is my list exactly...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: