ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - All GH - Expert League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt276  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
*gets either Lou, Shanker's Island, or both five times in a row*

I know how you feel, if I played at Shanker's Island I would probably have a seizure.
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This

can go fuck itself. FIVE STRAIGHT -1 615NS runs on Los Angeles thanks to that goddamn thing.
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to re-FC LA. I FC'd it once this week, but I overran a SP phrase, so my score is going to suck compared to all the other FC's.

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
MajorGeek42  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somehow managed, twice in a row, to get the exact fucking same score on LA that I got in season 6. What the hell.

The others I didn't bother with too much, only one run on HSB and managed a Monsters FC but 1st activation was late, lost a few thousand. Texas Flood I only did one or two runs, I didn't care one bit about grinding it.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like I'lll have to go re-FC WGtB. And time to get that good score on Avalancha that I've been too lazy to go get.

I'm liking the list of songs this week

Edit: I get to has teh shiny green?

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Monsters FC(452k) and 3 awful scores. Didn't even FC HSB. Started working on this and GH3X league like an hour before time was up. Oops.

This week's songs are a huge meh all across the board.

The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
Matt276  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, left Monsters and a badly calibrated GH3 for the last 30 minutes before the deadline. I spent 5 minutes trying to fix the lag before giving up and just playing the song out of sync. Then I spent 10 minutes playing the solo in practice mode and failing miserably until I realized that I had to play everything early. Of course the next 15 minutes wasn't enough to get the FC, so I had to submit a crap run with a miss in the chorus.

Of course, the next run I switch the lag settings and FC it with 452k. Great.

I failed to get optimal on LA, which was my goal, but my other two scores are pretty good (don't want to give them away yet)
Shock  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt276 wrote:
Argh, left Monsters and a badly calibrated GH3 for the last 30 minutes before the deadline. I spent 5 minutes trying to fix the lag before giving up and just playing the song out of sync. Then I spent 10 minutes playing the solo in practice mode and failing miserably until I realized that I had to play everything early. Of course the next 15 minutes wasn't enough to get the FC, so I had to submit a crap run with a miss in the chorus.

Of course, the next run I switch the lag settings and FC it with 452k. Great.

I failed to get optimal on LA, which was my goal, but my other two scores are pretty good (don't want to give them away yet)

Well I can at least breath a small sigh of relief cuz Monsters and LA were the two songs I did reach my goal on . However I failed to squeeze well on HSB and I fell about 10k short of what I wanted on TF. I had a badass run going and missed the last SP phrase, how does that happen? The run was so good it was still the score I posted but with that SP miss and another late miss I figured I lost about 12k.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to work on the GH2 or GH3 song because my xbox died before I got started on them, but I played LA way too many times and still didn't get the score I wanted. I really can't figure out where I'm missing points because I get the last squeeze every run. As for TF, I've never used HOPOs so often in any GH1 song, but I did decent enough. Luckily, playing it a bunch on expert made playing it on hard much easier, where I almost FCed it on my first run after playing a bunch of expert.

I love playing Crossroads; maybe I'll go for an FC, but that may not happen. I love playing Inst., so hopefully I can find a way to play it. I despise playing WGTB, so one decent FC and that's it. I've been meaning to reFC Avalancha with a path, so hopefully I can do that.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this week sounds great
Crossroads : i like this song ^^ took me only a few runs to get a score i'm proud of !
WgtB : i love this song srsly ! after an hour spent on it and a personnal path (i just mixed two different paths ) i finally got a score i'm soooo happy with !!
Institutionalized : i like playing this one too, got an amazing score (for me) that i can't get anymore (don't know why), so i guess i'll keep this one
Avalancha : too long and boring to memorize the right path, fc's going to take so long (if i can have it!)

i hope next week, on gh80's, we won't have to play smthg too hard like Electric eye or Play with me : i'm used to We got the beat now
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, this week's gonna suck for me. I've only broken 90% on Institutionalized once. And I'm nearly maxed out on points for Crossroads. The one thing I don't like about GH1 is that the solos are so weird to learn (especially without practice) that you almost invariably end up breaking combo on the same parts over and over again, yielding a score that's probably pretty close to a high score you've already achieved. With a few week's practice it can get better, but bleh, I don't know if I'll set a new high on Crossroads this week.

I haven't been able to FC Avalancha yet but apparently it's a relatively easy FC so I'll give that a shot this week.
Vesipera  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, seems that I just missed the cut to division 1 (mainly due to my sucky score on TWIE).

Well, at least I'm doing pretty well in my division, Three 1sts and one 2nd place, Hope that I get some competition this week.

silent  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vesipera wrote:
Wow, seems that I just missed the cut to division 1 (mainly due to my sucky score on TWIE).

Well, at least I'm doing pretty well in my division, Three 1sts and one 2nd place, Hope that I get some competition this week.

this. that competition will be coming from me (at least).
Samson007  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty happy about the songs this week. Some I need to work on, some I know im going to have a hard time just reaching my old score on. Should be enough to push me a bit.

Shock  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!... First for the week? I knew my Monsters score was pretty damn good but I wasn't expecting that. This week is a whole other story considering my insufficiency on Inst (but I can nearly FC verse 2 now), but who knows.

XR: I highly doubt I can FC this but I'm getting better at the GH1 style of strumming everything.
Inst: Eh, but its improving.
WGtB: How bout I Ran next week. I love squeezefests
Avalancha: Did I say I love squeezefests? Not GHIII on PS2. I can't whammy for shit on GHIII
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: