ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - GH3 Standard Controller - Open Difficulty League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clickr  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: ye Reply with quote

he could be good with a dualshock and using it in the league, but yeah, considering his KoC score I'd say he's cheating
Harp00n  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is playing with ds while that good with the guitar i'll eat my hat. I would say his KoC effort was a bit ott but a few other people had even longer note streaks.... unless your all playing with the guitar when your not supposed to

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harp00n wrote:
If he is playing with ds while that good with the guitar i'll eat my hat. I would say his KoC effort was a bit ott but a few other people had even longer note streaks.... unless your all playing with the guitar when your not supposed to
A higher note streak is reasonable with the Dualshock because missing anywhere within something like the last 900 notes would be a damn shame to a DS player. That end part after all the fast junk is MUCH harder on guitar, and since it's reasonable that even a Guitar player would be breaking combo during the fast parts a Dualshock user would most likely end up with a higher note streak.

EDIT: If any of you really think he's cheating PM whoever is in charge of this league (I don't know off-hand, proly Diemos or Elx). They can ask him to submit some kind of proof. And on that note It would be a good idea to photograph, or better yet video tape, your own performances for the leagues just in case.
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
Nikki  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, hitting the triplets and so on isn't too hard on a dualshock... you can notice that we have higher streaks, but lower percentage on notes hit, since the notes we can't combo are worth around 2~3% or even more. I can't get 90% on those fast parts on Practice (yet!).

I'm taking screenshots and saving on my pc every new score I make for leagues... first because until now, every score was my new top score, so I'm going to post it on my account, and second, I didn't want to post a league score without proof.

I even took a video from my 361k run on Knights of Cydonia (my league score was 371k) to show that I can get these scores ^^
I'm thinking about uploading it on YT, but I guess I'll wait until I find a way to 6-stars it
clickr  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: yea Reply with quote

On KoC you get over a 900 note streak from the end of the fast strumming to the end of the song. And like Vamp this is the easy part for a DS over guitar. I got like 430 on it using the guitar for the fast parts, which is pretty decent, missed like 10 or 15 notes?

I'll tell you guys one thing, my score for TWIE is gonna suck.
Nikki  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done with scores... this wasn't a good week for me, since I'm no good at squeezing or ticks (Talk Dirty To Me), I fu**ing hate "The Way It Ends" (my arm hurts, damn!) and "Helicopter" (I never play Quick Play exclusives songs, plus I don't like this song too). The only thing that saved this week was "Go That Far" XD

I can already see the next week: "Closer", "Take This Life", "Cult of Personality" and "Suck My Kiss"... I'll kill myself lol XD
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki wrote:
I can already see the next week: "Closer", "Take This Life", "Cult of Personality" and "Suck My Kiss"... I'll kill myself lol XD
Ya, I know what you mean... Closer Fucking Sucks!

EDIT: I've been informed recently that trote has been taken care of. Apparently there was a 'misunderstanding' regarding the rules.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not participating on the leagues, but I've seen the songs they picked...

And, based on some players' opininons, I must say: major part of the song choices were terrible! Honestly, on a standard controller league: The Way It Ends? Knights of Cydonia? Holiday in Cambodia? Helicopter? All sorts of songs with fast picking parts which can fail a standard controller player with no problem?

There could be like err...Ho-po heavy songs, chord transition filled songs, and something of kind...

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
KingOfBBQ  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling they would pick Through The Fire And Flames this round...

Also, in case anyone is wondering my high percentage in The Way It Ends is from playing it on Hard.
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure, but I have a feeling you are all going to hate me after this week's results are posted.
Harp00n  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a terrible week for me, I jut hope TDTM earned me some points

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Yeah, I'm not participating on the leagues, but I've seen the songs they picked...

And, based on some players' opininons, I must say: major part of the song choices were terrible! Honestly, on a standard controller league: The Way It Ends? Knights of Cydonia? Holiday in Cambodia? Helicopter? All sorts of songs with fast picking parts which can fail a standard controller player with no problem?

There could be like err...Ho-po heavy songs, chord transition filled songs, and something of kind...

Songs are randomly drawn, and no songs are excluded for a league unless it is due to cross console score conflicts. This is why the league is open difficulty, if the song is too tough on expert, someone can go to a lower difficulty on that song.
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
tidus wrote:

Songs are randomly drawn, and no songs are excluded for a league unless it is due to cross console score conflicts. This is why the league is open difficulty, if the song is too tough on expert, someone can go to a lower difficulty on that song.
Lol, most of us know this. But with the songs that have been picked so far, It just feels like someone is out to get us. Ha ha ha.
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire-Jekyll wrote:
elx wrote:
tidus wrote:

Lol, most of us know this. But with the songs that have been picked so far, It just feels like someone is out to get us. Ha ha ha.

Amen. But who...? *shify eyes*

It's pretty dramatic, that TtFaF is picked as a round 4 song. Round 4 is the final round before some people get cut and the league moves on to the simi-finals, right?

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
clickr  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: yea Reply with quote

im done with ttfaf now, hopefully its good enough.

i was playing avalancha, proabably 80% in, and my yellow button breaks on me...... i hate playing this song

And lol @ my TWIE score. I put so little effort in it that i went on medium , i just felt that i'd get pissed off with hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: