ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - GH2 Twists - Open Difficulty League Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kratos  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorGeek42 wrote:
WTF

Kratos FC'd Collide mirror mode. What in the hell.

also, holy fucking spread for PP(LL) >_____>

Yeah and I got banned for it. Luckily I was unbanned for providing setlist vids and stuff, but hopefully they'll put my score back (which would put me in first overall for this league).

Your PPLL score is more amazing than my collide.
MajorGeek42  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kratos wrote:
MajorGeek42 wrote:
WTF

Kratos FC'd Collide mirror mode. What in the hell.

also, holy fucking spread for PP(LL) >_____>

Yeah and I got banned for it. Luckily I was unbanned for providing setlist vids and stuff, but hopefully they'll put my score back (which would put me in first overall for this league).

Your PPLL score is more amazing than my collide.

Actually, I saw the scores before yours got pruned for suspicion. I was in 1st overall for GH2T, although by a VERY small margin. :P

I don't expect to keep that position, what with my recent case of random plink disorder and then the whole performance mode thing that i suck at.

Also thank you for the kind words regarding the PP(LL) score.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week should not be too hard since I rarely alt strum at all and do not need the music to keep a beat. Maybe I can actually get high scores on these scores.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The muted twist can hardly be called a twist methinks, I play songs muted often if I'm grinding excessively. The downstrum only twist, however, fuck that. That'll ruin my RTT score quite a bit, considering the 9 total segments that I alt-strum (two of those are entire sections and otherwise a segment is about a measure or two of notes).

How much trouble did everybody have with the OftR perf mode bullshit? T'was certainly challenging, but honestly I only probably put in 11 minutes of work for the song (including the one run-through I did). I couldn't be arsed to grind it. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah twists this week are a little tame, although I am a constant alt strummer, so rtt might get a little aggravating. I'm gonna have to learn to use ho/pos on the riffs i do believe.

OFTR, holy crap, I spent probably a good hour and a half on that song, constantly playing, failing, practicing, playing, etc. The guitar leads gave me a ton of trouble, I just couldn't figure out what was going on with those. the one time I passed it I was in the 60%s for every one of the sections. But the part that I found the hardest was the fast picking, due to my strumming drowning out the band and me getting my fingers mixed up. I failed on that section twice before passing, and the time I did I used SP and got through with 52%. I still don't know how I did so bad in that section.

Also, wtf at only 19 score submissions this week? I think there are maybe 10 people still actually trying in this league, which is a shame, since it's been quite fun. Guess I'll see all 10 of you in the finals

ajanata  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week was meh. I didn't have the time to grind OftR, and ghetto gamestop style is even more carpal tunnel-inducing than playing normally so I only did it once.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lololol I missed a week and I'm sixth? I was thinking about dropping out, but I might as well play the songs this week because I could still get into playoffs. I had about an hour to play this week due to finals and relatives visiting, so I spent it all on GH2X Leagues. But cool, at least I'm still in it.

I actually did have the time to play Carry Me Home about 3 times, got around 363k, but never had the time to put it in. (or maybe I forgot :P)
solrac7623  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad how there are so few people in this league, it's really fun .

Holy crap I can do good on Rock This Town. Watch out for a high rank on that one .
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i saw ghetto gamestop style???
im not in this league but i was interested by what that was.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
solrac7623  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atruebassist wrote:
so i saw ghetto gamestop style???
im not in this league but i was interested by what that was.

Ghetto Gamestop Style is playing standing up without a strap and without raising your feet. All of the twists are described here.
MajorGeek42  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what

I did not see that coming. Good show, everybody, and I look forward to playoffs.

Edit: I mean good show to all the people that remained through the entire league, as a lot of people flaked out it seems. ._.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawl i play like that at wal mart. It might as well be called wal mart ghetto style because gamestops around here dont have GH anymore because people keep breaking 'em.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
benvolio3  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... I dropped out of every other league and stayed in this one.
this ones just too fun to pass.

and for recent twists...
OftR was not very difficult for me but after my 5th run of grinding it got a lag near the end O_o

what else did we do...

oh yeah, CMH was easy
RTT was SOOO annoying, i got absolutely no path and my hand hurt after one round. Any other song please!
i dont really have to say anything about the ridiculousness which is mute do I?

anyway, congrats to those in playoffs. and more so to the others who got a bye with me

HEY!!! have YOU checked out my customs yet? - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12930
Highest Quality around... well, not necessarily, but you get the point. /shameless
Hypertails2000  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoo 290k.. missed in an easy spot the only time I hit solo 3 but I'm pretty happy with this score... only took me a couple runs
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, epic 3rd round twist is epic. I'm really hoping to make it through now, just because mapping out a path for freebird is going to be mucho fun.

*crosses fingers*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: