ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S9 - GH2 Twists - Open Difficulty League Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: S9 - GH2 Twists - Open Difficulty League Thread Reply with quote

Note: Yes We Can was originally shown as one of the songs this week, this has been changed.

Welcome to Season 9 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the GH2 Twists Open Difficulty leagues. With the new interface, there will no longer be actual threads for the results.

We are still sorting out who will be commissioning each league this season.

Week 1 Songs
Will be posted at the leagues page

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM EST (9PM PST). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
Score - Note Streak and %.
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
This season, to facilitate score input, we will be usinghttp://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions. Score submission will go up at some point tonight, it may not be ready exactly at midnight.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as season 7. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.
TheMagician  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is gonna be so much fun First twist league for me. Good luck everyone!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo.... first time for me too. Been bringing a refreshing change to gh. Anyone have an easy way to activate sp keyboard style? I'm using the xplorer and cannot for the life of me reach the back button without breaking combo
MajorGeek42  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypertails2000 wrote:
Whoo.... first time for me too. Been bringing a refreshing change to gh. Anyone have an easy way to activate sp keyboard style? I'm using the xplorer and cannot for the life of me reach the back button without breaking combo

Can't you just lift it by the neck as you're fretting? It takes some work but it's doable, especially with the simple patterns in Monkey Wrench. I dunno how allowed it is though.

Then again, I keep my thumb underneath the neck of the guitar when playing keyboard style sometimes, so it's not so tricky if you do that.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Whammy, I assume that just means you're not allowed to touch the whammy bar at all? Just checking because it sounds like an easy twist compared to most of the others, don't want to accidentally cheat.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
MajorGeek42  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
No Whammy, I assume that just means you're not allowed to touch the whammy bar at all? Just checking because it sounds like an easy twist compared to most of the others, don't want to accidentally cheat.

Yeah, i'd imagine touching of the whammy bar would be fine, as long as you don't use it at all. In my case, despite my hand position which uses it as an integral stabilizer, i'm just going to turn it the other way and not use it. :P

Also, there is the whole making of your own path to compensate for lack of whammying, as whammying is a fairly large portion of the path.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks Yeah, I'll have to trial-and-error my own path.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Guitarheroshero  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That keyboard style is gonna suck...

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to the first two posts after the OP:Wow my first league too. This will be interesting.
Guitarheroshero  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragonForcefana wrote:
In response to the first two posts after the OP:Wow my first league too. This will be interesting.

This is basically my first. I didnt even play in the other ones i signed up for...forgot about them

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitarheroshero wrote:

It does suck. I can barely beat the song. I barely beat it on hard.

Kratos  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGH.

I took a look at it last night when it came out and it was yes we can, woke up this morning and spend 30 minutes getting an FC

oh well I'll just have to do monkey wrench
Hypertails2000  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorGeek42 wrote:

Can't you just lift it by the neck as you're fretting? It takes some work but it's doable, especially with the simple patterns in Monkey Wrench. I dunno how allowed it is though.

Then again, I keep my thumb underneath the neck of the guitar when playing keyboard style sometimes, so it's not so tricky if you do that.

According to the rules the guitar needs to be in your lap or flat on a table horizontally, which makes tilting very difficult as you would need to bring the guitar towards your body. Since I'm playing with it in my lap, that's nearly impossible, especially as I'm using an xplorer that requires a rather strong jerk to activate in GHII
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORTANT QUESTION/OBSERVATION!!!!!!!!

MW has an additional note and thus more points on 360 as opposed to PS2. Is there anything accounting for this as of now?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

louster200 wrote:
Guitarheroshero wrote:

It does suck. I can barely beat the song. I barely beat it on hard.

Damn...I havnt even tried. about to though. We'll see how it goes

EDIT: Its actually REALLY easy. Past and did pretty damn good IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: