ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
buildgh3 - PS2 custom GH3 (update 2008/06/30)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
odium75  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: problem Reply with quote

thecakeisalie818 wrote:
odium75 wrote:
thecakeisalie818 wrote:
hey, whenever i run buildgh3, it always stops and does nothing @ 4.70%...i cant figure out why!

Don't pay attention to the percentages. They are not accurate.

How long did u let it run? It takes quite a while to do everything. I suggest walking away from it and coming back in an hour or more to see if it continues.

i let it run from 930 PM to 220 AM. it did not make any progress. i thought it was just my first song, but nope. im gonna try using a different GH3 disc

If it gets stuck again, please copy and paste everything from the cmd window into this thread or a PM. I'd have to see what it is doing.

it's possible it error'd somewhere but it wasn't enough to exit the execution but it was enough to put the program into an infinite loop or sth.

** if you don't know how to copy text from cmd.exe

- right click (on the cmd.exe window)
- select "Mark"
- highlight like usual w/ mouse (highlight all the info)
- right click again
then paste into a message.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ive gone thru it myself andf there are no error reportings, unfortunately, i am not at my main computer at the time and cannot show you, ill have the pic up in a coiuple of days
Cyntre  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i finished burning it all, i put the disc into my ps2, and it told me to insert a ps2 game disc..
odium75  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyntre wrote:
when i finished burning it all, i put the disc into my ps2, and it told me to insert a ps2 game disc..

A ps2 doesn't play "burnt" games unless it is modded. The boot disk Swap Magic works great. But there are a few options. But you will need to mod your ps2.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecakeisalie818 wrote:
well ive gone thru it myself andf there are no error reportings, unfortunately, i am not at my main computer at the time and cannot show you, ill have the pic up in a coiuple of days

No problem.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I got 3 quick question. First, how do you edit texts in buildgh3. I open the buildgh3_example definition file and I see the loading screen texts thing, which is this :

1 = loading screen 1
2 = loading screen 2
3 = loading screen 3
4 = loading screen 4
5 = loading screen 5
6 = loading screen 6
7 = loading screen 7
8 = loading screen 8
9 = loading screen 9
10 = loading screen 10
AND SO ON....................................................

. But what do I do to edit that texts into something I want to put

2nd question - I wanted to know if what I named all my charts is correct before I go waste a good blank DVD-R.

I had the main setlist go from m_01 - m_39
I had the co-op songs go from c_01 - c_06
I had the bonus songs go from b_01 - b_25
And I had the Boss/singles encore songs go from s_01 - s_03

3rd question - What is the pseudo-file name for each image in GH3?
- If there are too much pseudo-file name's, then just list about half or less

. Thank you so much for taking your time to read all of this. Sorry for all the questions, I hope that I won't have anymore once these have been answered.

Join the Rock Band 2 Custom Project - Japanese Variety Pack (25 Songs) - http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=568255#568255
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: T0gur0Br0thers
mateuscz  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. ^^

I had some problems with my custom GH3.
First, here is my definition file:

[LoadingScreenTexts]
{
1 = If you're going to smash a guitar on stage, make sure you have a backup first.
2 = Snorting your dad’s ashes doesn't count as father-son bonding.
3 = Your singer is correct. “Dragon” is the word that best rhymes with “dragon”.
4 = You may be below real guitarists, but you're still above the drummers.
5 = The world is unforgiving, and so is your best friend for breaking your whammy bar.
6 = Remember to set all the bands equipment on fire. Singers, bassists and drummers are replaceable.
7 = You don't wait until you've mastered the guitar before you start a band. You just wait until you've stopped sucking at it.
8 = If you are arrested after urinating on a historical site, drunk and dressed like a woman, you REALLY understood what Rock n' Roll is about.
9 = Everything is good to make a memorable show. Even dressing like Darth Vader.
10 = Try the new and improved Star Power. Tilting your guitar actually activates it.
11 = If you play so fast that people’s heads explode, you might want to think about a career change.
12 = Don't worship Satan. He doesn't give you any days off.
13 = Before you just do it, just practice.
14 = Cocaine is an evil drug. It drove Kurt to suicide, broke up Guns N’ Roses and inspired Disco.
15 = Make sure you hit that last note. All the other notes don't matter. That last one will stick in the fan's minds forever.
16 = Metal and Christmas go together like Peanut Butter and Pickles.
17 = If you fumble on the main riff, it's not a mistake, it's a "spontaneous recreation" to be featured on your next album.
18 = Make sure the crowd is ready to catch you before you jump.
19 = Pro Face-off is not responsible for you smashing your guitar… over your friend’s head.
20 = You won't get famous in your garage.
21 = No one reads what is written here.
22 = Loading… Please wait.
23 = You need a mini-fridge in your practice space, it's more important than a bassist.
24 = Dropping your pants onstage does NOT deploy Star Power.
25 = Don't let the drummer have a microphone. It'll just end in tears.
26 = Your mom does not count as a fan.
27 = A band is the dysfunctional family you choose.
28 = If your neighbors keep complaining about the noise, turn up the volume until they move away.
29 = If you have more than two non-musical acts in your concert, you're a pop musician.
30 = If you do decide that the singer is an egomaniac, and that you should form your own band, make sure you can make a good album first.
31 = If your drummer thinks he has an idea, give him a Kit Kat chocolate bar and let him re-think that.
32 = If your parents tell you to turn this game down, turn it up until they kick you out.
33 = You may be below real guitarists, but you're still above the bassists.
34 = DragonForce is not torture. Made In Mexico is.
35 = Don't let the drummer have an "extended solo" unless you really have to go to the bathroom.
36 = WE'RE A REAL ANGRY BAND... But that doesn't mean we don't believe in peace.
37 = Good luck.
}

[ImageReplacement]
{
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/loading_skull_soldier_animation1.img.ps2 = tatoo1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/loading_skull_soldier_animation2.img.ps2 = tatoo2.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/loading_skull_soldier_animation3.img.ps2 = tatoo3.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/loading_skull_soldier_animation4.img.ps2 = tatoo4.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/loading_skull_soldier_animation5.img.ps2 = tatoo5.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/loading_skull_soldier_animation6.img.ps2 = tatoo6.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/loading_text.img.ps2 = loading.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/boot_legal.img.ps2 = boot1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/boot_legal_b.img.ps2 = boot1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/boot_legal_f.img.ps2 = boot1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/boot_legal_g.img.ps2 = boot1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/boot_legal_i.img.ps2 = boot1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/loadingscreens/boot_legal_s.img.ps2 = boot1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/boot_copyright_bg_(no_type).img.ps2 = boot2.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/boot_brick_textbox.img.ps2 = inicio.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/band_name_bg.img.ps2 = nomebanda.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/beat_game_bg.img.ps2 = gameover.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/boot_brick_bg.img.ps2 = bootbrick.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/boss/battle_help_bg.img.ps2 = battlehelp.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/band_name/band_name_ticket.img.ps2 = nomebandaticket1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/band_name/band_name_ticket_bar_overlay.img.ps2 = nomebandaticket2.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/difficulty2p/1p_difficulty_poster.img.ps2 = dif1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/difficulty2p/2p_difficulty_poster.img.ps2 = dif2.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/main_menu/menu_main_illustrations.img.ps2 = menu.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/multiplayer/mode_2p_lp_jacket02.img.ps2 = 2players.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/options/options_main_monster.img.ps2 = options.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/pause/menu_pause_bunny.img.ps2 = pause.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/setlist/setlist_page1_head_90x75.img.ps2 = setlist1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/setlist/setlist_page1_loop_89x33.img.ps2 = setlist2.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/setlist/setlist_page2_head_80x54.img.ps2 = bonus1.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/setlist/setlist_page2_loop_80x65.img.ps2 = bonus2.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/toprockers/toprockers_bg.img.ps2 = toprockers.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/venue/menu_venue_backposter.img.ps2 = venuebackposter.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/menuscreens/venue/menu_venue_bg.img.ps2 = venuebg.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/logo_gh3_lor_128x128.img.ps2 = logo128.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/logo_gh3_lor_256.img.ps2 = logo256.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/battle/battle_alert_death.img.ps2 = alerta.png
C:/gh_tool/outimg/images/battle/battle_death_meter.img.ps2 = barra.png
}

1 - Just two of the images I put to change were in fact changed and in some loading screen texts the symbols " and ' were changed by an A. Why this happened? How can I correct it?

2 - In the carreer, the boss battles and the Through The Fire And Flames (that I didn't change) are missing. When I put the scroll over them, no preview sound runs and, when I enter on the songs, the loading screen lasts forever. What are the archives of the original GH3 DVD that I need to put instead of the created by buildgh3 to correct it? (I'm sure I've done exactly how the tutorial says to do).

3 - In Feedback, I put the name of the song, the name of the band and the year it was made after. For example:
Song name: whatever
Artists name: whatever, 1999

When I play it, however, it appears in the screen:
WHATEVER
As made famous by Whatever, 1999, 2008

The year 2008 appears in all the songs. ¬¬ I'm sure that buildgh3 puts it. But how can I change this?

4 - In the step 8, I got this message:
copie de one de output/MUSIC/8 8593790E.IMF vers output/MUSIC/7 729DB16E.IMF
I found in this topic some people saying about it, but I didn't understand what it is. Can anyone explain?

5 - Some songs of my custom have a shrill sound. Why? I'm sure the .ogg files I put in the input directory are OK.

Sorry for the many questions and thank you,
Mateus

Answering the previous questions:

Quote:
Hey, I got 3 quick question. First, how do you edit texts in buildgh3. I open the buildgh3_example definition file and I see the loading screen texts thing, which is this :

1 = loading screen 1
2 = loading screen 2
3 = loading screen 3
4 = loading screen 4
5 = loading screen 5
6 = loading screen 6
7 = loading screen 7
8 = loading screen 8
9 = loading screen 9
10 = loading screen 10
AND SO ON....................................................

. But what do I do to edit that texts into something I want to put

You have just to replace "loading screen 1" and the other by the phrase you want to put on the game.
For example, If I want to put the words I WANNA ROCK! like the loading screen text 1, the definition file would be like this:

1 = I WANNA ROCK!
2 = loading screen 2
3 = loading screen 3
4 = loading screen 4
5 = loading screen 5
6 = loading screen 6
7 = loading screen 7
8 = loading screen 8
9 = loading screen 9

Quote:
2nd question - I wanted to know if what I named all my charts is correct before I go waste a good blank DVD-R.

I had the main setlist go from m_01 - m_39
I had the co-op songs go from c_01 - c_06
I had the bonus songs go from b_01 - b_25
And I had the Boss/singles encore songs go from s_01 - s_03

I had the main setlist go from m_01 - m_39 -> Mine are m_01 - m_32
I had the co-op songs go from c_01 - c_06 -> OK
I had the bonus songs go from b_01 - b_25 -> OK
And I had the Boss/singles encore songs go from s_01 - s_03 -> Mine are s_01 - s_07

I made my custom and I didn't have problems with the setlist.

Quote:
3rd question - What is the pseudo-file name for each image in GH3?
- If there are too much pseudo-file name's, then just list about half or less

First, you have to extract the images form the GH3 DVD. You have just to type this command on DOS:

extract_img e:/ temp/ outimg/
(replacing e:/ with the letter of your DVD drive containing the original disk)

Then, the directory outimg will be created in the buildgh3 directory. There, there will be all the images from GH3 game. The pseudo-name is just the name the image has. ;)

I hope I could help you. ^^
redxslash  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1 - Just two of the images I put to change were in fact changed and in some loading screen texts the symbols " and ' were changed by an A. Why this happened? How can I correct it?

- I have no idea why this happened, but it has happened to me as well. I tried to change the loading screen image alone with a picture and when I played the custom, the image was not changed. I believe the gh3 image replacement thing still has bugs to fix, so lets just go with that. I have no idea about texts as yet, since I did not replace them as yet. But I believe the more you try replacing in the custom game, the less stable it will be.

Quote:
2 - In the career, the boss battles and the Through The Fire And Flames (that I didn't change) are missing. When I put the scroll over them, no preview sound runs and, when I enter on the songs, the loading screen lasts forever. What are the archives of the original GH3 DVD that I need to put instead of the created by buildgh3 to correct it? (I'm sure I've done exactly how the tutorial says to do).

-In order to replace the songs of the boss battles, you need to label both the audio and chart like this:
s_01_whatever.chart s_01_whatever.ogg
s_02_whatever.chart s_02_whatever.ogg
s_03_whatever.chart s_03_whatever.ogg

Those 6 things (3 charts and 3 audio's) will replace the Single boss encore songs in career mode. Make sure they are labeled the same thing.
- Also, make sure they do not have any capitalize letters anywhere, if so, make sure they are labeled the same thing. I say this because one of my songs had a capital in them and it did not play the audio because of this, for I think this is the problem.
For example: whatever.chart (This will not work because the "w"
Whatever.ogg in the chart file is lower case, while
the "W" in the audio file is
capitalized. MAKE SURE THEY ARE
THE SAME)

- To replace the last bonus song, through the fire and the flames by dragonforce, make sure to label your chart and audio file the same thing: b_25_whatever.chart and b_25_whatever.ogg

Quote:
3 - In Feedback, I put the name of the song, the name of the band and the year it was made after. For example:
Song name: whatever
Artists name: whatever, 1999

When I play it, however, it appears in the screen:
WHATEVER
As made famous by Whatever, 1999, 2008

The year 2008 appears in all the songs. ¬¬ I'm sure that buildgh3 puts it. But how can I change this?

- I posted a topic about this. I received post saying that in order to change the date of the song, you have to edit the .mp3 audio file and change the "YEAR" to whatever. Go to the .mp3 file, right click and hit properties, then go into summary, click advanced, and change the year by double clicking to the right of it and put whatever you want. I never really did this since I was way ahead of this step, but since I didn't do this, buildgh3 still put "2008" for all my songs. I'm not too sure if what I said will stop it from putting 2008, but if it doesn't, than I have no idea.

Quote:
4 - In the step 8, I got this message:
copie de one de output/MUSIC/8 8593790E.IMF vers output/MUSIC/7 729DB16E.IMF
I found in this topic some people saying about it, but I didn't understand what it is. Can anyone explain?

- I got the same message in mine as well. I have no idea what it means, I thought it was normal since my custom just played normally. However, I believe it means that it is copying a certain .IMF file from the GH3 original disc and putting it in the output folder. I have no idea why it would do this and for what reason, but I believe because it couldn't find that specific .IMF and that .IMF is needed in order for the game to be played or something like that.

Quote:
5 - Some songs of my custom have a shrill sound. Why? I'm sure the .ogg files I put in the input directory are OK.

- This is the reason why he suggest that you use foobar2000 to edit the audio's in order to make them stable in the game. GH3 does something to audio's or the .ogg files you have in order to make them play, but it gives the audio's bad quality or a shrill sound. When you use foobar2000, it allows the audio to be played, and to remain the balance it needs in order to be played with good quality or looseless audio quality. It makes the audio stable and perfect for playing in gh3. It makes the audio sound low on your computer when done, but in gh3, it will sound perfect and good quality enough to be played.

Quote:
Sorry for the many questions and thank you,
Mateus

Hope I helped, you definetly helped me out as well. Thank you very much and if you need me to explain something further more, let me know. Just so you know, buildgh3 still isn't perfect. It still has many bugs in it that needs to be fixed, so keep waiting for updates or something to bypass all those problems or bugs you are having.

Join the Rock Band 2 Custom Project - Japanese Variety Pack (25 Songs) - http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=568255#568255
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: T0gur0Br0thers
mateuscz  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- I have no idea why this happened, but it has happened to me as well. I tried to change the loading screen image alone with a picture and when I played the custom, the image was not changed. I believe the gh3 image replacement thing still has bugs to fix, so lets just go with that. I have no idea about texts as yet, since I did not replace them as yet. But I believe the more you try replacing in the custom game, the less stable it will be.

So, it has no solution. Ah, I read in this topic that it is better to use the pseudo-names of the pak directory. I hope it works.

Quote:
-In order to replace the songs of the boss battles, you need to label both the audio and chart like this:
s_01_whatever.chart s_01_whatever.ogg
s_02_whatever.chart s_02_whatever.ogg
s_03_whatever.chart s_03_whatever.ogg

I think it is not right. I mean, the charts named that way would replace the encores, not the boss battles. I don't want to change the boss battles. The problem I got is that they are missing. I know that I have to put some files from the original GH3 disk inside MUSIC in the output and I made this like the tutorial explains. I found out in a tutorial what are the files inside MUSIC that correspond to each song. Maybe trying to substitute them again I can correct this error.

Quote:
- I posted a topic about this. I received post saying that in order to change the date of the song, you have to edit the .mp3 audio file and change the "YEAR" to whatever. Go to the .mp3 file, right click and hit properties, then go into summary, click advanced, and change the year by double clicking to the right of it and put whatever you want. I never really did this since I was way ahead of this step, but since I didn't do this, buildgh3 still put "2008" for all my songs. I'm not too sure if what I said will stop it from putting 2008, but if it doesn't, than I have no idea.

It worked perfectly! ^^

Quote:
- This is the reason why he suggest that you use foobar2000 to edit the audio's in order to make them stable in the game. GH3 does something to audio's or the .ogg files you have in order to make them play, but it gives the audio's bad quality or a shrill sound. When you use foobar2000, it allows the audio to be played, and to remain the balance it needs in order to be played with good quality or looseless audio quality. It makes the audio stable and perfect for playing in gh3. It makes the audio sound low on your computer when done, but in gh3, it will sound perfect and good quality enough to be played.

It is strange that I made this, like the tutorial says. Anyway, my custom had some problems and I'll have to burn it gain. When I do it, I'll try to use foobar2000 again.

Quote:
Hope I helped, you definetly helped me out as well. Thank you very much and if you need me to explain something further more, let me know. Just so you know, buildgh3 still isn't perfect. It still has many bugs in it that needs to be fixed, so keep waiting for updates or something to bypass all those problems or bugs you are having.

Thank you very much. ^^ I'm happy that I could help you like you helped me. I know that buildgh3 isn't perfect, and it's sad that probably it'll not have any more updates.

I was testing my custom and I noticed that some chords and singles notes that are originally "extended" were trasformated in "not extended" notes. It happens just in some songs. Has it happened to you?

Again, thanks for your attention. It is good to have someone to trade ideas and experiences with. ^^ Oh, I almost forgot: Merry Christmas!
redxslash  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So, it has no solution. Ah, I read in this topic that it is better to use the pseudo-names of the pak directory. I hope it works.

Oh okay, your probably right, try taking the .pak psudeo-file name instead. I'm not even gonna bother since I think buildgh3 will still screw me over, lol.

Quote:
I think it is not right. I mean, the charts named that way would replace the encores, not the boss battles. I don't want to change the boss battles. The problem I got is that they are missing. I know that I have to put some files from the original GH3 disk inside MUSIC in the output and I made this like the tutorial explains. I found out in a tutorial what are the files inside MUSIC that correspond to each song. Maybe trying to substitute them again I can correct this error.

Oh, I thought the single encores were the boss battles, which is why I suggested replacing them. Then, you should definetly try doing that MUSIC corresponding thing for each song, however I think that would take a long time, so, maybe you should just stick to 70 songs instead of wasting your time for just 3 more songs.

Quote:

It worked perfectly! ^^

I'm glad I can help on that question.

Quote:
It is strange that I made this, like the tutorial says. Anyway, my custom had some problems and I'll have to burn it gain. When I do it, I'll try to use foobar2000 again.

Yeah, see if foobar2000 will help it, its the only reason why "tttttttt" would actually suggest doing that.

Quote:
Thank you very much. ^^ I'm happy that I could help you like you helped me. I know that buildgh3 isn't perfect, and it's sad that probably it'll not have any more updates.

I was testing my custom and I noticed that some chords and singles notes that are originally "extended" were trasformated in "not extended" notes. It happens just in some songs. Has it happened to you?

Again, thanks for your attention. It is good to have someone to trade ideas and experiences with. ^^ Oh, I almost forgot: Merry Christmas!

Yeah, same here. Its probably not going to have any more updates, but its more than enough stable to be able to enjoy customs at a good pace, it only takes about an hour or so to get a fully custom 70 song game to work. I think thats more than enough good.

Yes, some of my notes were replaced just like yours. I have had that problem many times. I had perfectly edited my charts to have chords instead of single notes, however, buildgh3 let them be single notes instead of chords or vice versa. I tried not letting it bother me, but it is kind of annoying. However, I did check my charts back in feedback and saw the chords that I placed were not there. That way, I know it was buildgh3 not properly putting the chart in as is.

Yeah, I'm glad I found someone that has almost the same problems as me. But its cool that buildgh3 can do so much at such an early stage in development. Sorry if I couldn't help much, I try. Anyways, Merry Christmas dude. And may all your custom gh3 wishes come true! lol

- By the way, if you have any more problems or anything, feel free to post about them or p.m. me. I will be glad to try and help you out anytime.

mikeyb2879  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

redxslash I've replaced about 90% of the images in my custom. It took a lot of trial and error. Sometimes it just a space being at the end of a line or a forgotten period for a .png. I've also found for some reason some images just won't work so I would find a different image and it would show up in the game. Also with the game becoming unstable, I've been playing my custom for about a year with no freezing issues or anything. Buildgh3 is pretty close to being flawless. Every time I would blame the program for screwing up something after some trial and error every time it was something that I had done wrong. It took about SIX months for me to get the charts, sync them, find/convert/layer the images and hours and hours, days and days, weeks and weeks to figure out image replacement. If it's not working go back to the drawing board and try it again. Persistance is the key.
redxslash  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyb2879 wrote:
Quote:

redxslash I've replaced about 90% of the images in my custom. It took a lot of trial and error. Sometimes it just a space being at the end of a line or a forgotten period for a .png. I've also found for some reason some images just won't work so I would find a different image and it would show up in the game. Also with the game becoming unstable, I've been playing my custom for about a year with no freezing issues or anything. Buildgh3 is pretty close to being flawless. Every time I would blame the program for screwing up something after some trial and error every time it was something that I had done wrong. It took about SIX months for me to get the charts, sync them, find/convert/layer the images and hours and hours, days and days, weeks and weeks to figure out image replacement. If it's not working go back to the drawing board and try it again. Persistance is the key.

Oh, I see. I don't know about that method of yours, however, when I tried replacing 1 single image only which happened to be the loading screen image, it did not get replaced. I made sure I did not miss a single .png or anything and I made sure everything was in the correct format or way its suppose to be read by the GUI. Maybe it was just the picture, but I heard that the program automatically changes the size of the image in order to make it fit the image. The image was a lot less than 1024 X 768 and it still did not replace the loading screen image. This I made sure of. The only problem I could see is that it did not register the image correctly or that the image I used was unusable. Both are weird since the image I had could be read perfectly on my computer and it had nothing wrong with it. However, it was in a .png file, maybe the GUI has problems reading .png files.

mikeyb2879  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, I see. I don't know about that method of yours, however, when I tried replacing 1 single image only which happened to be the loading screen image, it did not get replaced. I made sure I did not miss a single .png or anything and I made sure everything was in the correct format or way its suppose to be read by the GUI. Maybe it was just the picture, but I heard that the program automatically changes the size of the image in order to make it fit the image. The image was a lot less than 1024 X 768 and it still did not replace the loading screen image. This I made sure of. The only problem I could see is that it did not register the image correctly or that the image I used was unusable. Both are weird since the image I had could be read perfectly on my computer and it had nothing wrong with it. However, it was in a .png file, maybe the GUI has problems reading .png files.

It does automatically resize you pics. Sometimes for whatever reason some pictures just wouldn't work. I just checked my old definition file and I used the extensions for the "images" folder and the "pak" folder for the loading screen. For the animations I used the "images" folder only. Looking through my definition folder I noticed a few other things that I had to use both the "images" and "pak" folders for. Also you may have another issue with the loading screen. All other files that I needed to I could make transparent images. A lot of the menus have layered pictures so some images I needed to make transparent or they will show up on top of the main image on the screen. The loading screen has a problem with this in my experience (some people may have not had this issue. I posted a while ago about the issue but never had a response). The skull animations can not be made transparent. When you make them transparent they will show up as a black box on top of your image. Eventually I chose a picture of a crazy looking dragon head with a black background. Left the main image alone and extended the left side of the picture with a black box to off center the picture(otherwise the picture would be covered by the animation picture). Then for each animation I made layered images. The bottom layer was transparent so it would show up black and the top layer I put a small block for the first animation image and the next image I extended the box a little longer and so on and so on. Now when my custom is at the loading screen it has a loading bar that looks like it's filling up. It's been a while since I messed around with image replace but looking through my old definition file has helped me remember a lot of this. I need to un-clog my memory anyway. I'm in the process of making another custom and it's been about a year since my last one. I check out the website every couple of days or more, so if you have any issues hopefully I can help.
redxslash  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyb2879 wrote:
Quote:

It does automatically resize you pics. Sometimes for whatever reason some pictures just wouldn't work. I just checked my old definition file and I used the extensions for the "images" folder and the "pak" folder for the loading screen. For the animations I used the "images" folder only. Looking through my definition folder I noticed a few other things that I had to use both the "images" and "pak" folders for. Also you may have another issue with the loading screen. All other files that I needed to I could make transparent images. A lot of the menus have layered pictures so some images I needed to make transparent or they will show up on top of the main image on the screen. The loading screen has a problem with this in my experience (some people may have not had this issue. I posted a while ago about the issue but never had a response). The skull animations can not be made transparent. When you make them transparent they will show up as a black box on top of your image. Eventually I chose a picture of a crazy looking dragon head with a black background. Left the main image alone and extended the left side of the picture with a black box to off center the picture(otherwise the picture would be covered by the animation picture). Then for each animation I made layered images. The bottom layer was transparent so it would show up black and the top layer I put a small block for the first animation image and the next image I extended the box a little longer and so on and so on. Now when my custom is at the loading screen it has a loading bar that looks like it's filling up. It's been a while since I messed around with image replace but looking through my old definition file has helped me remember a lot of this. I need to un-clog my memory anyway. I'm in the process of making another custom and it's been about a year since my last one. I check out the website every couple of days or more, so if you have any issues hopefully I can help.

Okay, then I guess "tttttt" should just explain a bit more about images. He only explained the basic necessaries needed, but did not explain that some images like the loading screen images need to be transparent. Your probably right since I have only tried image replacement like once, you did trial and error with that for years, so you should know. Thanks for letting me know that some images need to be transparent though, that kinda sucks since we have to do more work. But, I have already finished a custom I have been working on. So good luck finishing yours. Also, if you have more Q & A's that you would love to share or help people with, please help provide more information at the Buildgh3 FAQ that I created. It can be found here: (Thank You)

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101070

mikeyb2879  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Okay, then I guess "tttttt" should just explain a bit more about images. He only explained the basic necessaries needed, but did not explain that some images like the loading screen images need to be transparent. Your probably right since I have only tried image replacement like once, you did trial and error with that for years, so you should know. Thanks for letting me know that some images need to be transparent though, that kinda sucks since we have to do more work. But, I have already finished a custom I have been working on. So good luck finishing yours. Also, if you have more Q & A's that you would love to share or help people with, please help provide more information at the Buildgh3 FAQ that I created. It can be found here: (Thank You)

Just to clear up, the loading screen doesn't have to be transparent that's just what I chose for the skull animations. The loading screen image along with some of the other menus have layered images, where you have the main background image that has it's own image then smaller images on top of that layer. If you only change the main bottom layer then smaller images on top will still be there. Like some screens look like they have strips of tape on the pictures so it looks like they were taped on in the game. The tape strips needed to be replaced with transparent images so they don't show up in the game. But that's up to the preference of the person creating. Someone may have an image they want to use on that layer instead. This stuff is confusing enough so I wanted to make sure I wasn't making anything worse.
Thanks for the link to the FAQ. I'll check it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 48 of 50

Jump to: