ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Arby's GH Tournament - American Fork, UT - Feb. 10, 2007
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatsarmstrong  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Arby's GH Tournament - American Fork, UT - Feb. 10, 2007 Reply with quote

The Arby's in my home town is holding a Guitar Hero Tournament on Saturday Feb. 10. There will be 4 divisions (easy, medium, hard, and expert) and the winner of each will be put into a drawing to win $50. I believe there will be some sort of costume contest as well. I am not the guy putting it on so I am not sure of all the details, but I think sign up is kind of a show up day of the tournament kind of thing.
There are two Arby's in American Fork, and only one will host the tournament. I think this is the address:

450 E State Rd
American Fork, UT 84003-2559
(801) 756-6322
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Hero? Arby's? My two favorite things COMBINED. And I was just in Utah about 2 weeks ago.

That's kind of a lousy prize, though. I would just want a guaranteed Arby's giftcard. Drawings are rigged.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

fatsarmstrong  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:

That's kind of a lousy prize, though. I would just want a guaranteed Arby's giftcard. Drawings are rigged.

This drawing will not be rigged, if it is I will give my bro-in-law a massive wedgie, and distribute the prize myself.
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm, I have work off, I just might go! Although the prize distribution idea sounds a little weird, I'd be there just to meet people who play the game well.

Edit: needless to say, I hope you'll find out what time it starts please. I may be able to bring about 4 or 5 people, 2 would be on expert and 3 on hard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:
Edit: needless to say, I hope you'll find out what time it starts please. I may be able to bring about 4 or 5 people, 2 would be on expert and 3 on hard.

The easy portion starts at 6pm, medium, hard, and expert will follow shortly after. The flier said there will be a modded guitar contest or something as well.
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm anywhere near UT, but I'm still curious, this is Arby's, like...the fast food chain Arby's, right?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Arby's Reply with quote

Yea the fast food chain. My bro in law is a manager at one and he asked if he could hold a Guitar Hero tournament there and all of a sudden they were completely on-board. Curly fries and guitar hero, that is hard to beat.
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in West Jordan. Whats the turnout gonna look like? I don't want to drive out there if it's gonna be like 5 people.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, King's gonna come, totally waste everyone on expert, and then the Easy winner's gonna get the prize. I can see it now.

Yeah it's like a 45 minute drive for me, but I think it's totally worth it. And since it's at 6, I'm almost positive I can come and bring 3-4 people. Is there an entry fee?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't waste people :p. I go to tournaments in the hope of finding somebody to do some coop competition with.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I'll be there. No doubt about it. And I hope there's a good turnout for expert .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what the turn out is gonna be like. The entry fee is just buy a value meal from Arby's. So what is that like 4 or 5 bucks or something. Hope you guys can show, he has been posting fliers around town, so he is hoping for a decent turn out.
mac246  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucky for me im flying back into utah tomorow so ill probably go i missed the gamestop tournament in springville dang it
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Razgriz Merc PSN Name: hobo90
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac246 wrote:
lucky for me im flying back into utah tomorow so ill probably go i missed the gamestop tournament in springville dang it

You didn't miss much. 4 competitors all on expert playing only the most difficult songs, so there was no drama. Although my 13 year old brother beat me due to some horrible math by the store manager, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's over!

I won the expert tourney. The last person I played was a 9-year old kid. He was pretty good, got 89% of Bad Reputation. I was very impressed. Anyway I got 20 bucks and 5 free combo meals. The $50 winner was the kid who won the tournament on Medium I think.

The biggest drawback to this tournament was that I showed up at 6 but I didn't play my first match until 9:30 or so, because they played through brackets ascending the difficulties. There were around 10 competitors for each level from what I remember (8 on expert) and to play the songs you drew the name from a big pot. They had both GH1 and 2 set up on 2 PS2's so they'd just switch the house guitars if you got a song on the other game. Also they didn't have any of the bonus songs which is probably good for a tournament of skill levels below expert. It was very well organized and had a good TV. I was hoping to meet someone who was really really good but alas, no one. I easily doubled the score (or even tripled once) of everyone I played because of SP paths. I played LtR, CoY, and for the Final, Bad Reputation.

It was fun though, met some cool people. But I cleaned house and I honestly didn't want to. I actually seriously considered flopping the last song because I felt that everyone there wanted the 9 year old to win. I decided that it wasn't nice to give him the victory and not make him earn it.

Hopefully there'll be some good players at the Tournament next week...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: