Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Auto-Chart-Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiirikkusu  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh.....well thats not too bad...I just mainly want other diffs so my gf can play......shes not a gh prodigy.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the present time yes, all it does it remove notes (according to a specified algorithm described in the post) and move other notes around so that they follow the rules of each difficulty. My end goal is that it will do a near perfect job of generating the E, M , H difficulties. But for now yes, i would like to get this out to the charters so that they can begin to start creating the easier difficulties without too much effort on their part.

What I am looking for is feedback from you guys on how well the E,M,H charts are being generated.....like too many notes in E, or i saw an orange note in this chart on M or whatnot. Ideas about how I can improve the program to make it better and eventually near perfect.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimbus541 wrote:
would it be possible to add an auto bpm finder? changes bpm even when the instrument slows down slightly?

I am not really sure what you mean. but it sounds like you want me to try to analyze the audio file. and that's not what the program does. it doesn't even look at the audio file at all, only the .chat file.

but if you could elaborate on what you want, i may be able to do it. There is some info in the .chart file about the bpm and such of the song.

TSorbera wrote:
Right, he means it removes some random notes, but you still have to do most of the work to turn it into an actually good E,M,H track...I don't think it's very good at all, but it might encourage people to make E,M,H tracks more so I'm all for that.

What do you mean "don't think its very good at all"? the point is that i get feedback on how to make my analysis algorithms better so that by the time i am ready to post this ALL over the internet it works great and saves charters tons of time. my goal was to create a program that charters can use to say, ok ill make the expert, run it thru ACE check for any oddities, then post their song online. saving TONS of time. so if you think the algorithm for generating the E, M, H notes is bad then tell me what exactly you don't like about it. tell me how you think i can improve it, tell me what is wrong that you think its not very good.

This is software, that i would like everyone to make note of IT IS IN ITS BETA STAGES. yes it functions, but not superbly, notice the 0 before the . in the version names "0.08" that means that it is the 8th iteration before version 1.0 so don't just give me shit about how my program doesn't work. if thats what you want to do then download the old versions which have even less functionality and are much more broken. I am doing this beta release thing so that i can get feedback from the community of people who will most likely be using it when it is completed.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking he ment that if say he charted a song and never changed the bpm while charting but had all the notes synced to the sound of the music would it be possable to have this tool read the spaceing of the notes and generate a bpm from them.

Thats what it sounded like he ment to me anyway.
FireWorks16  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: nvm figured it out.

You should really add a "browse files" button though.

Last edited by FireWorks16 on Sat May 10, 2008 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
fawked  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my only request is that it also edits .mid, once that could be implemented i'd be more than willing to help test and get bugs out. i think this is a great idea for a program. and if everyone follows through with feedback i can see something like this being damn near perfect. good luck!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out this java stuff. I wish it was a regular application.
Anyway, good luck with this program.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since some people can't figure this program out, I made a guide to using this program here.

Enjoy!

humor4fun  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey fireworks, thanks a bunch for writing that guide, great work. are you willing to keep it updated as i release newer versions? if so that would be fantastic. also, i was a bit confused as to why you need to use savefile for anything? mind explaining that a bit?

Edit: NVM i understand why you brought up the savefile stuff. yea thats something i'll work on is adding a file browser, but from my past experience it was a TON harder than you would think. but ill add it to my list. also, mid support is on my list, but its pretty far down the list seeing as no one has been too helpful in giving me any cort of doccumentation on the .chart format, so how/why should i expect people to give/show me doccumentation for the .mid format. in the near future i will implement a mid to chart conversion then editing then conversion from chart to mid again, but thats kind of useless and beating around the bush.

but yea if you really want mid support then i need doccumentation on the file format. otherwise it will be up to me to decipher the file via hex.....which i am terrible at.

expect a file browser in version 9

Also, @ firecracker, a note about the input/output files. if you have a folder, say c:\temp and you put ACE_008.jar and notes.chart into that folder, then when you run it all you need to type is input: notes.chart, output: notes2.chart and it assumes you are working in the same directory as where the ACE_008.jar file is. FYI, feel free to add that to the guide.

I would further like to make note that anyone having lots of problems with executing the jar file (opens in winzip) even when you have JAVA installed, use the batch method.

Last edited by humor4fun on Sun May 11, 2008 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
mdizzy  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got a problem here. After I add all the diffs and open the new chart in feedback easy works fine, but medium and hard crash the program if I try to switch to them. An error message will pop up saying that feedback has to close.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

humor4fun wrote:
hey fireworks, thanks a bunch for writing that guide, great work. are you willing to keep it updated as i release newer versions? if so that would be fantastic.

Yeah, I'll keep it updated. Also, if you want me to add more algorithms or anything into the guide just tell me. But I'll hopefully update the guide with every update of ACE.

humor4fun wrote:
Also, @ firecracker, a note about the input/output files. if you have a folder, say c:\temp and you put ACE_008.jar and notes.chart into that folder, then when you run it all you need to type is input: notes.chart, output: notes2.chart and it assumes you are working in the same directory as where the ACE_008.jar file is. FYI, feel free to add that to the guide.

lol fireracker. I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I get the basic jist of what you're saying, so I'll try to do what I think you mean and add it to the guide sometime soon if i can figure it out.

mdizzy wrote:
Okay, I got a problem here. After I add all the diffs and open the new chart in feedback easy works fine, but medium and hard crash the program if I try to switch to them. An error message will pop up saying that feedback has to close.

I have this problem too. Although, it's a little different. Sometimes it just closes ACE, but other times it just randomly adds star power sections in the middle of nowhere and there aren't any notes in the chart. I'm talking about medium and hard. Easy works perfect so far. Might want to look into this for a new release.

humor4fun  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea if you guys could just send me the charts that are troubling you i can take a look at them and see whats going fishy.

sorry about the firecracker thing, i was in a hurry and all i could remember was fire---- so, yea, my bad.....

another thing, i know lots of people are having issues with the jar format, so i will be looking into a method of creating an exe out of my jar. if anyone knows a good way let me know. so far ive got squat

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

humor4fun wrote:
yea if you guys could just send me the charts that are troubling you i can take a look at them and see whats going fishy.

It's not just specific charts, it's every one i try to use algorithm 1 with. Easy works but Medium and Hard freeze it.

humor4fun  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, well send me the file so i can take a look at it. same thing happened between version 6 and 8, 6 was formatted to read only official GH charts, but then it was brought to my attention that not all charts are formatted that way -> someone uploaded another formatted chart i had not seen. so send me the chart, input and output (as 2 different files) and ill see what i can do with it.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys i have the meduim and hard promlem with my chart and i think i figured out why its beacus normaly the notes are only 1 0 or 2 as you can see here

this is the easy mode

6208 = N 1 0
6276 = N 0 0
6324 = N 2 0

but on medium and hard its like this

5904 = N 49 0
5952 = N 50 0
6000 = N 51 0

as you can see the numbers are now 49 50 and 51 and when you to expert they go back to 0 1 and 2 so i think thats the problem allso if you have a end on the end of your chart you might want to remove it before you put it in the ace other wise you get this at the end 0 = nul 0 null and this will crash your feed back if you load it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: