ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Auto-Chart-Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireWorks16  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

humor4fun wrote:
fawked wrote:
just used your program to add difficulties to two charts. works fairly well, just have to move a few notes. other than not handling chords, i have no complaints. VERY nice contribution, thanks!

could you explain a little more about how you had to move notes around, and what you mean by not handling chords.

I don't know if it's the same thing as fawked was talking about, but sometimes the notes are off beats. If you could make it so that for medium and easy, the notes almost always land on beats, that would be awesome.

fawked  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the guy above me said. and as far as chords... unless i missed the alg.(can't spell that damned word) for it, it just made all the chords in the chart to single notes. sometimes if it were a 3 button chord, it'd leave two of the notes.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't get the file downloaded, can you upload the newest version to http://www.savefile.com/ or some free file upload place that doesn't stink? I recommend a Google Page Creator account and upload the file there.
exactly wtf i cant get it downloaded
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xdredskater0x wrote:
Quote:
I can't get the file downloaded, can you upload the newest version to http://www.savefile.com/ or some free file upload place that doesn't stink? I recommend a Google Page Creator account and upload the file there.
exactly wtf i cant get it downloaded

that was from like 2 weeks ago and i deleted that link. use the link in the first post.

edit
sorry i havn't been able to work on the app recently, ive been helping my dad build a fence. ill try to get another update out this week, hopefully early

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeeet! I love you. I have a bunch of charts without star power and I needed a way to add it quickly.

My custom charts can be found here

My custom chart topic with news and stuff can be found here

Fretboards can be found at my savefile page
Nefos  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put all the configurations and then the output wasn't generated...
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone gets a chance I would like to know if the new exe runs if you don't have the JRE installed.

eg. If you don't have java installed on your comp, try running the program, and let me know if it works, and if not what happens. pics are wonderful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does not open for me when i install java and try to open exe. comes up with message "Could not find the main class. Program will exit."
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACE Version 0.10 has now been released with many new features. check it out. (link in my signature)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated my ACE guide for the new version. Since the guide was the first time i used 0.10 there might be things that need changing.

Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

humour, is there any chance of you implimenting that feature i mentioned a while ago? where it automatically adds random star power to all .chart files in a particular folder and simply adds "star" to the end of each files name.

it would be a VERY helpfull feature.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing around a bit with the "random star power" additions and I always end up with the same issue of SP is off kilter, either way too much, or way too little. as for the directory thing, I am looking into that now. Would you rather I implement that or create an easier to use interface. like a single window pops up with the options and text fields (may look comparably similar to Elmer's GUI).

One of those things is coming in the next update (11) and the other will be in (12). I am also looking into favoring the "on-beat" notes. but I need to learn more about the info being stored to find out what defines which notes are "on-beat". if someone knows about that, it would be helpful.

E.g. I can easily check the timestamp, I just need the number to check against. say.... if(Timestamp mod beat) = 0; then favor this note.
But I need to know how to determine what the beat is.

Edit: I've started on the GUI. And it's looking nice so far, I've set up more than half of the cosmetic entities, and done a little background coding (exit code, icon viewing, stuff like that). If I have time I may be able to get that cranked out tonight. we'll see. So that's what (11) will be, the GUI.

If someone could work out an equation for me to determine which notes are "on-beat" then I can add that in to (11) , or if it takes too long that will show up in (12). directory reading and automation may come in (11), pending an analysis of how much work it will require.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

humor4fun wrote:
I have been playing around a bit with the "random star power" additions and I always end up with the same issue of SP is off kilter, either way too much, or way too little. as for the directory thing, I am looking into that now. Would you rather I implement that or create an easier to use interface. like a single window pops up with the options and text fields (may look comparably similar to Elmer's GUI).

One of those things is coming in the next update (11) and the other will be in (12). I am also looking into favoring the "on-beat" notes. but I need to learn more about the info being stored to find out what defines which notes are "on-beat". if someone knows about that, it would be helpful.

E.g. I can easily check the timestamp, I just need the number to check against. say.... if(Timestamp mod beat) = 0; then favor this note.
But I need to know how to determine what the beat is.

Edit: I've started on the GUI. And it's looking nice so far, I've set up more than half of the cosmetic entities, and done a little background coding (exit code, icon viewing, stuff like that). If I have time I may be able to get that cranked out tonight. we'll see. So that's what (11) will be, the GUI.

If someone could work out an equation for me to determine which notes are "on-beat" then I can add that in to (11) , or if it takes too long that will show up in (12). directory reading and automation may come in (11), pending an analysis of how much work it will require.

i have used your "random star power" function in all 5 of my wii discs, thats a few hundred songs and im totally happy with how it works, maybe its just because im not fussy but just having star power in a song makes all the difference, no matter how much or how little aslong as theres a bit to get you through a difficult solo its all good. the only thing i have noticed is that some, as in VERY FEW charts seem to have the "starpower doesnt deplete glitch"...this has only happend on around 10-20 songs but once you activate star power, it just does NOT go down.

about the way you impliment it, im currently having to copy 70 notecharts into my ACE folder, and manually type out a bat file for it, which involves me having to type 70 file names twice, each time for every disc, this is the longest part of wii customs for me now. so if ACE could detect all .chart files in a folder, then you can select 1 (or more algerithms which it then performs on ALL of them either by replacing the original or creating a copy with a different file name eg "star" at the end for random star power "emxh" for all difficulties added and "voc" for vocals, so when you run more than one algerithm on a chart it would go from

foo fighters - everlong.chart

to

foo fighters - everlongstaremxhvoc.chart

or something along those lines.

im not a coder but i know what things can/could be handy for all of us to speed this whole process up. but i totally understand if what im asking for is difficult or just damn near impossible. either way i appreciate all the work you have done so far. i was wishing for a program like this for a LONG time, and im glad you created this masterpiece. keep up the great work! and i look forward to your next release.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, it's not that it's impossible. It would be very simple for me to add an automation factor.....I think. But it requires me to do research in how to access all the files in a folder recursively/repetatively. And I simply have never done anything like that before. I know that it can be done with java (the language I am using) but I just never tried it, so i need to research it before I can implement it.

That of course also means that the first attempt is bound to be very buggy.

Carrot, you mentioned a "star power does not deplete" glitch. I am not sure what would cause that, but I can make a few guesses, and none of them involve anything that is the fault of my program. My best guess is that it comes from a senario such that you activated SP, but before it runs out, you are able to gain more SP through a glitch in the GH3 code itself. this clearly would be affected by my program if ACE adds too many SP sections, then you would get it, activate it, and then keep adding to the stock and never really run out because most of the notes are a part of a SP section.
If you want to figure out what is causing the problem, by all means go for it. i would suggest starting by making a list of all the songs that show the glitch, and which songs were replaced. then swap the new songs to different slots and see if the same glitch occurs. I would bet that it occurs with the same few songs, over and over on each disk you make, and so it seems like an anomaly.

One last thing(for this post, and a few hours):
Anyone who wants an added functionality or anything please post a comment or send me an email, and I will put it on the to-do list. Carrot's request is at the top along with mid support (which will be pretty difficult i think). But now that the program is pretty reliable, it is easy to simply add functionality to it. especially now that I am creating a gui, and not simply using a command-line/prompt box input method.

Edit: Gui is complete (graphically). Now begins the task of linking it with the code I wrote. Not too hard, but takes a bit of time, which I have run out of tonight. Sorry folks. check back in a day or two.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the auto-charting program works great with my baroque'n roll chart i made, but however, it only worked the first time because i wanted to see what will be the notes on the other difficulties. by the time i finish the chart and i import it to the program to do the rest for the other difficulties, nothing has changed. Tried it about like 6 more times, still no luck. Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: