SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Auto-Chart-Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalhead453 wrote:
the auto-charting program works great with my baroque'n roll chart i made, but however, it only worked the first time because i wanted to see what will be the notes on the other difficulties. by the time i finish the chart and i import it to the program to do the rest for the other difficulties, nothing has changed. Tried it about like 6 more times, still no luck. Any ideas?

can you give me any more info?
-steps you took
-original chart file
-output chart file
-name of chart editor program (feedback?)
-arguments you used to run ACE
etc.

GUI is done, I am now linking code to it. expect an update within 45 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

humor4fun wrote:
metalhead453 wrote:
the auto-charting program works great with my baroque'n roll chart i made, but however, it only worked the first time because i wanted to see what will be the notes on the other difficulties. by the time i finish the chart and i import it to the program to do the rest for the other difficulties, nothing has changed. Tried it about like 6 more times, still no luck. Any ideas?

can you give me any more info?
-steps you took
-original chart file
-output chart file
-name of chart editor program (feedback?)
-arguments you used to run ACE
etc.

GUI is done, I am now linking code to it. expect an update within 45 hours.

Sure

Steps:
1. Imported the chart to the auto-charter to see what I would get from what i charted on expert.
2. imported it to ghex to see results
3. finished charting the song
4. reimported the chart to the auto-charter to get the rest of the notes in after I finished charting the song.
5. reimported the chart to ghex, same results on the other difficulties when i first tried the autocharter.

Original chart file: PQWH.chart
Output: PQWH2.chart
Chart Editor: Feedback 0.95c
Used algorithm 1 for the input on difficulties
And here is the finished chart file. Pardon the part bass on the chart. That is not needed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look at that as soon as i post the new version. Should be up later today, so check back. I finished the GUI and linking the code, just gotta work out a few kinks that popped up. (like the 6 fatal errors that occur when clicking "Go")

Edit: I regret to announce a major delay in the next realease. I have come across some really serious bugs in my code that, well cause the program to break and not function at all. So I need to work those out. Until then I suggest using version 0.9, as it has come to my attention that some of these bugs may be in 0.10.

Edit 2: Ok, major error has been worked out. I will be posting the newest version shortly. just need to run a few more tests on it, and package it up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just found this tool

thanks for taking time to make it

awsome looking forward to the newer versions
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version 0.11 is up. Take a look and let me know what you think/bugs you find. The Guide will need updating too, there is a complete interface overhaul. Enjoy!

Edit: Version 0.12 is now up. New features are basically all the menu items including save/load of data.

Edit 2: Version 0.13 is now up. New Features include multiple file support

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bumb*,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy hell

you are the man sir

if you were a woman i would have your babies

but in all seriousness, thanks for taking the time and make a kick ass program like this

*thumbs up*
metalhead453  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACE works a bit better than the 0.10 version I have used before. I deleted the other difficulties on the chart and ran the program for the chart. The hard difficulty was perfected. Just when I went to check the other difficulties if they were charted, Easy and Medium were not charted at all. Here is the recently processed chart.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalhead453 wrote:
ACE works a bit better than the 0.10 version I have used before. I deleted the other difficulties on the chart and ran the program for the chart. The hard difficulty was perfected. Just when I went to check the other difficulties if they were charted, Easy and Medium were not charted at all. Here is the recently processed chart.

Yea. you point out a *small* glitch in the code. I say glitch because its not a malfunction (as would be deemed a bug or error if it caused a crash) but glitch because ACE does not handle missing difficulties. it requires that the section header be present. so. try adding the headers and an empty section such as this:
Code:
[EasySingle]
{
}
[MediumSingle]
{
}
[HardSingle]
{
}

and such for the other headers. Then run through ACE again and see if that does the trick. This is something that I have been meaning to look at and fix, but I thought that the GUI overhaul and multiple file processing was more important. Eh?

Thx for testing and responding. any more issues, you know where to put em. and thanks for posting the chart with the issue report. Makes an excellent example.

Edit: After going back and looking at the code that handles reading in the file. It has become evident that I did that in a very sloppy and ineffiecient way. Needs more work, and needs to be redone. trying to do a few traces of the code, I am surprised it works at all. Looks like it only works if ALL of the sections that ACE expects are present and filled. including Song, synctrack, events, [e,m,h,x][single, doublebass,drums,vocals]. Clearly causing a problem.

I am leaving town this weekend (visit my fraternity brothers for 4th of july). will resume work when i get back.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I will try to add the other headers.

Edit: The trick worked. The chart has all difficulties. I'll report any other issues with the program. Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you port this program to the mac? I'm thinking it would be pretty easy considering it's java, and then you could just release the .jar file, which would work on basically any computer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you VERY much, humor4fun. Your program works quite well, and is saving me hours of tedious work. Keep up the great work.
ricflairandy  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would i be able to use this to create new difficulties for a custom disc i have that only has expert ones?
humor4fun  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalhead453 wrote:
Thank you very much. I will try to add the other headers.

Edit: The trick worked. The chart has all difficulties. I'll report any other issues with the program. Thank you very much.

Excellent. Glad that worked. I am back in town and will resume work. First thing I need to do is rework the file reading, so as to take care of that issue, as well as many other errors that I can foresee happening from improperly formatted charts.

charliehorse55 wrote:
Could you port this program to the mac? I'm thinking it would be pretty easy considering it's java, and then you could just release the .jar file, which would work on basically any computer.

True it is in java, and would thus port very easily to the mac. The reason I have not yet done that is twofold. First, the first 9 versions of ACE were released in Jar format, and as such were apparently very simple to decompile. This bothered me as a number of people sent me messages saying that they decompiled my code and "made improvements" and wanted to release their version. That is unacceptable. Like i said previously. This is my project. My code, my app, my learning experience. It it entirely true that you learn something from every program you write. The reason the EXE probably will not work on a mac is because it is not in java format, but another language (i won't say what). Second, I don't have a mac that I can test it on. So compiling the code for a mac will be like trying to shoot mesquitos with a blindfold on.

I can look into a method of Wrapping my code into a format that can be executed on a mac, but at this time, no. There are no plans for a mac version. However if you know of any freeware programs that allow me to take an executable Jar and wrap it in another executable format for a mac, or a format that both windows and macs can execute, by all means, let me know.

ricflairandy wrote:
would i be able to use this to create new difficulties for a custom disc i have that only has expert ones?

Uuhhmm.....yes.

Did you read anything in the first post? Sorry for sounding rude, but THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS PROGRAM.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing a bunch of research and as of now have not found a way to create a Mac executable file from a jar (without just giving you the jar).

It would help me if you could give me the file formatting of a Mac executable. like, for windows i could use an Exe. i think the mac format is .app but i have not found anything that can wrap a jar into an app.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: