ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Active DTB Editor Download Link?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xSgtFuzzyBootsx  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Active DTB Editor Download Link? Reply with quote

Hello all. It's been years since I have been an active member here on the Scorehero website. It was around 2008 or so since I was last on actively and since then I had forgotten my username and such. In other words I still know my way around the website. Enough of that....

Recently I wanted to throw it back with some Guitar Hero 2 and make another custom disc and I've been wanting to edit some of the DTB files in Ghex for GH2, although I've searched through forum after forum and clicked on link after link I was wondering if anyone has an active download think they can send to me? If so, could anyone contact me through email?

epmasters@live.com

Thanks you all!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: xSgtFuzzyBootsx PSN Name: xSgtFuzzyBootsx
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll link to an older post of mine here. It's not Nachyoz' DTB editor (which is clunky and obsolete nowadays) but is a post containing download links for Rocklib 1.3 (which contains DTBCrypt, command-line tool for decrypting and re-encrypting the DTB files), Deimos' dtb2dta (command-line tools for detokenizing the DTB file into a text DTA file, same format as used in RB series), and ComicBookGuru's DTBTool (GUI tool for retokenizing DTA files into DTB). This method is a little more advanced, but it also makes the contents of the DTB files viewable in a more straightforward and clean manner.

I've been meaning to write up a guide explaining how to use these tools (and eventually write up replacements for some of the existing DTB editing guides that rely on the old DTB editor. The main problem with the old editor is that the files were never meant to be edited in the manner in which we were doing so. HMX did the same thing they did with the RB series on-disc DTB files - they wrote scripts (and script-like data files) in a text editor (the DTA files I mention above) and then they tokenized it into a DTB file, and encrypted it (which both may have been the same step, dunno their actual toolchain). Using the tools I linked to also allow one to play around with editing the scripts that actually drive much of the game and the UI flow (for example, I've edited menu flow to re-enable menus that were locked away in the two GH2 demos and to add an unlock all cheat code to the "10-song" demo).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
xSgtFuzzyBootsx  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
I'll link to an older post of mine here. It's not Nachyoz' DTB editor (which is clunky and obsolete nowadays) but is a post containing download links for Rocklib 1.3 (which contains DTBCrypt, command-line tool for decrypting and re-encrypting the DTB files), Deimos' dtb2dta (command-line tools for detokenizing the DTB file into a text DTA file, same format as used in RB series), and ComicBookGuru's DTBTool (GUI tool for retokenizing DTA files into DTB). This method is a little more advanced, but it also makes the contents of the DTB files viewable in a more straightforward and clean manner.

I've been meaning to write up a guide explaining how to use these tools (and eventually write up replacements for some of the existing DTB editing guides that rely on the old DTB editor. The main problem with the old editor is that the files were never meant to be edited in the manner in which we were doing so. HMX did the same thing they did with the RB series on-disc DTB files - they wrote scripts (and script-like data files) in a text editor (the DTA files I mention above) and then they tokenized it into a DTB file, and encrypted it (which both may have been the same step, dunno their actual toolchain). Using the tools I linked to also allow one to play around with editing the scripts that actually drive much of the game and the UI flow (for example, I've edited menu flow to re-enable menus that were locked away in the two GH2 demos and to add an unlock all cheat code to the "10-song" demo).

Wow, I really appreciate this! Hopefully you did not have to go do some serious digging. I used to keep all my tools in a nice folder but then again that computer is long gone and before cloud storage really became a thing back in the day. Once semester is over with I may do some playing around with it but this is really awesome and I'm excited to play around with this a little bit. Thanks again for all your help! Honestly was not ever expecting a reply.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: xSgtFuzzyBootsx PSN Name: xSgtFuzzyBootsx
LocalH  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep all my old GH2 tools in a single folder, and I'd uploaded those quite a while back lol. All I had to do was look through my old posts.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: