ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Finding the right mp3 for the .chart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dispoze  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Finding the right mp3 for the .chart Reply with quote

Hey SH, every time I download a custom song with just the .chart included, I can never seem to find the mp3 that matches it. I try to use the ones I already have in my itunes library, but there's always a delay between the chart and the song. I would assume the charter uses the most popular version of the mp3 (vevo) but I guess that's not the case.

Thanks!
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The charts generally have what we used to call an "offset", that is an amount of silence added in front of the audio in order to make it more like an official chart, where the fretboard appears and you still have a couple of seconds before the song actually starts. It also helps to prevent a bug in GH1/2/80s where, if you have a note on the very first beat, the game substitutes a 5-note chord that is unhittable (except by the autoplayer).

Here's some information on syncing songs up, using Feedback and Audacity.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: