ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Official GH: World Tour Thread (last updated 8/9)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragoon013  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Official GH: World Tour Thread (last updated 8/9) Reply with quote

STAFF EDIT: Due to the obscene lack of actual feature discussion and the overabundance of straight Neversoft flaming, the old GH4 thread was locked. Do not let this thread go the same direction. If you flame Neversoft, Activision, Harmonix, or any other company, you will be tempbanned for a week. Should go without saying, but this obviously applies to users too. Keep this a civil debate.

STAFF EDIT #2: Do NOT post in here just to say that this game looks like Rock Band. It's pissing us off, and you're not contributing anything to the discussion by saying that. If we have to read another post saying that this game looks like RB, you will incur our wrath. Specifically Hylian's.
----------------------------------------
New Updates in Green

Links
Activision's official confirmation: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/875/875975p1.html
Trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ26v2OzlCE
First Screenshots: http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=52353
Demonstration at ATD6 Conference: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/28/activision-ceo-introduces-guitar-hero-world-tour/
IGN First Look: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/882/882949p1.html

Release Information:
-Tentative release date of 10/27/08
-Tentative Full Band kit: $189.99/$179.99 (360 and PS3/PS2)
-Tentative Guitar Only kit: $99.99/$89.99 (360 and PS3/PS2)
-Tentative Game only: $59.99/$49.99 (360 and PS3/PS2)

Instruments
-There will be a new guitar, bass, microphone, and drum kit. Unique bass guitars will be used (probably for the open notes), and USB microphones are used. The microphones are the only wired instruments.
-Guitars are no longer licensed by Gibson and are custom made
-The guitars has the first ever touch-sensitive neck slide located higher on the guitar neck, allowing you to "shred how you want" in your solos. The neck is detachable.
-The old guitar controllers will still work. However, they say that you might miss out on some of the new play mechanics.
-Drum kit has 3 pads, 2 raised cymbal pads, and a bass pedal. Drums are velocity sensitive; in other words, softer hits will result in a softer sound, and harder hits will result in a louder sound.
-Star power for the drums can be activated at any time by crashing both cymbals at once.
-No announcements as of now have been made on whether Rock Band instruments will be compatible or vice/versa. However, this seems unlikely because of the non-compatibility issues in GH3 and the fact that the drum set has a different number of pads.
-Any kind of instrument (including Rock Band instruments) will be compatible with GH:WT

Gameplay
-The new "Easy Rhythm" mode for kids and newbies, where instead of having to push in frets, you simply strum along to the wide bars that are normally used for the bass drum.
-The boss battles are back, but they've been altered significantly. They are less about attacking and more about playing the song back and forth.
-GH3 Battle Mode is still in the game, but it's only for multiplayer and online now
-In band play, note streaks are combined across all players
-The wide bars (the "clear notes" as referred to in the article) will be used during the bass segments to signify "open string", meaning that you strum without pushing in a fret, adding a new spin to how the bass is played.
-Full bands are able to create "gigs" that will allow for up to seven songs to be played back to back with no loading in between
-In full band play, money for performances is divvied up depending on how well each player does
-In band play, SP is shared. The SP meter drops quicker depending on how many players have SP active at one time. The multipliers stack when different players are in SP.
-Hammer-ons while holding down a sustain on the previous notes now exist. As seen here at 0:52, the guitarist holds down a green sustain, hammers on to a red sustain a beat later, hammers those sustains onto a yellow sustain a beat after that, and finally hammers on to a single blue note a beat after.

Career Mode
-There will be a world-tour style career mode where you choose a location and tracks you want to play at that venue, similar to Rock Band
-Unlike Rock Band, the interviewee claimed that you will "never be playing the same tracks over and over"
-5 separate careers have been confirmed: guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and full band
-The drum tour will add "drum solo" sections where the camera zooms in on a drummer and allows a freestyle solo

Tracks
-CLICK HERE for the up-to-date tracklist

Characters/Customization
-Have the ability to create rockers, instruments, and logos, much like in Tony Hawk
-All of the characters from GH3 and the characters from GH2 that were absent from GH3 are confirmed to return to the game
-Their will be more special guest (real artists), but no one has been announced.
-Ted Nugent has mentioned via a radio interview that he has been mo-capped for the game and has rumored a song similar to Stranglehold being used somewhere in the game
-Hayley Williams of Paramore and Travis Barker of Blink-182 and +44 are confirmed in-game characters
-Jimi Hendrix is confirmed as a playable in-game character
[color=green]-Ozzy Osbourne is confirmed as a playable in-game character[/green]

Music Creator
-Jam Over mode has been removed from the game
-Advanced Studio mode: a program, said to be like Apple's Garage Band, that will allow you to create your own music tracks, along with note charts for them. AS mode has an editor for guitar which can reportedly do electric or acoustic notes with a variety of sound effects, one for drums that has a normal drum kit along with Latin percussion instruments
-Vocals cannot be charted
-As a song is created, the difficulty where you lay down all of the notes will be the hardest difficulty. The note track will be scaled down for the easier difficulties.
-GH Mix is Neversoft's mixing studio where you can loop sections, edit out pieces or copy and paste a chorus
-GH Tunes allows for you to save 100 of your own recorded songs locally, upload 5 songs at a time (with positive reviews, this number can increase to 10) which can be swapped out for songs at any time, and download 200 of other's recorded tunes.
-The Wii will have the same potential as 360/PS3
-Activision has licensed the technology from Line 6, which will add full amp and cab modeling to the mix

Last edited by dragoon013 on Wed May 28, 2008 10:30 pm; edited 8 times in total
TenderSurrender  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, NS, you just took it up a notch.
SArmstr0ng  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me, if it's all implemented well.

I don't really mind if it's a Rock Band "rip-off" because all of the things in Rock Band have been done before as well...it's just a matter of who does them best.
THOSE WERE THE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYS!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
UTSBlaze  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drums look cool. I can see the UK getting messed around with this again. Both with pricing and release dates.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't believe this will all be in one game.
Wouldn't it break some sort of copyrighting or patent law?
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that this is bullshit... why would it be called guitar hero 4 if its not centered around the guitar? Now it is going to be like Rock Band, and be incredibly so that they can have songs that fit all the instruments.
Parama  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a Dream Theater song in GH4 I'll buy it. Plus, the extra features are pretty much destroying any idea I had of ever wanting Rock Band Wii >_>

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting really psyched about the music-creation. It could be really awesome, especially for making really fun solo sections to increase my finger-speed on.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though it's not what I was expecting for GH4 (Except for the create-a-stuff) I'm still pretty excited for it. I like Rock Band and if they can just keep the guitar charts tough and enjoyable I'll like it. I came across very little challenge in Rock Band cause they felt that it had to be kept easier for everyone.

With people able to beat Rock Band on all instruments with no problems, I say they should keep up with the challenge. Not too mention that I think the instruments will be better. Many people claim that the Les Pauls were cursed instruments, but I've had a working Les Paul since Day 1 and I like it just as much as my old SG's. The Rock Band Strat was an abomination.

I never had problems with my RB drumset, but this GH one looks solid and I like the addition of the Cymbals to rock star power.

I liked GH3, so I can't see a reason to not like the game.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the entire article or the monster thread about it. Is there anything to suggest a tightening of the timing window or any alteration of the guitar part of the engine?

With all this, why aren't they calling it Music Hero or something more general?
shocktrooper42  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait..didnt joe satriani claim he has Satch boogie and Surfing With An Alien confirmed for RB or GH4? or maybe itll be DLC for GH3 ...also what about that At tHe DRive In song? ehh whatever good job with getting all the info
RB/GH Achievements
WGFA xdrums 5*/ Visions xdrums pass!/ Creep xtar FC/ GHWT Spiderwebs xtar 100%
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: sonicSKAzombE42
netsandcolts  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:

Brand Power. People are more likely to trust something they see as "Guitar Hero" because Music Hero just sounds generic and shitty
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Xtremeskipper
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
I haven't read the entire article or the monster thread about it. Is there anything to suggest a tightening of the timing window or any alteration of the guitar part of the engine?

I don't think it was in this article, but Neversoft has been quoted as saying that they will be making HO/POs "less mushy." I assume that this would at the very least involve the elimination of the infinte front-end timing window. I can't remember if this statement was to be added to GHIV or GH:Aerosmith; if it's the latter most of us will be getting a taste of it early.

As for your second question, the brand name "Guitar Hero" is so huge now that "________ Hero" sounds like a knock-off no matter what else you put in there.

EDIT: Semi-ninja'd
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shocktrooper42 wrote:
wait..didnt joe satriani claim he has Satch boogie and Surfing With An Alien confirmed for RB or GH4? or maybe itll be DLC for GH3 ...also what about that At tHe DRive In song? ehh whatever good job with getting all the info

I don't know if it was confirmed to be DLC or GH4. I got a feeling it's DLC if it's going into RB also. And no one knows what At The Drive In is for, other than maybe GH4 since the article about it was poorly researched.
netsandcolts  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surfing With The Alien has no singing so doubt it's for Rock Band. It looks like a fun song, from what I see of the customs
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Xtremeskipper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Page 1 of 108

Jump to: