ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Roller Coaster Thread (Summer '10 is quickly upon us!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Cedar Point last year the week after school started again in Ohio, and literally every coaster was a walk-on except Dragster, Millenium Force, and Maverick (unfortunately those were my three favorites :/). Needless to say I tried every one at least once, and still lined up for those three more than once. Kickass two days I must say.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warlord wrote:
And Scorpion kicks ass.

All I remember about Scorpion is hitting my arm on a tree branch.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
hotpocket423  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad about that double post, idk what happened. But im surprised i remembered what B&M was without having to look it up. Its a coaster design company, Bollinger and Malliard. 99% sure that is spelled wrong, but im too lazy to look it up. But i love coasters, i dont hate any of them, just get more excited for some more than others. My only problem with them is the wait and how short some are.

But Kennywood is kinda blah now. i havent been there in years but the only thing they have added is some coaster called Skyrocket, which im sure is fun, but after all these years of going, its not enough to make me drop everything and go.

There are so many places i wanna go just for coasters. I think we are gonna try and take a weekend and go to cedar point. Last time i was there for a week and only rode coasters, sadly maverick was being constructed at the time so i was only able to imagine the fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misread this as the "Roller Coaster Tycoon" thread

Ok real talk time.

I've never been a roller coaster person. I was always a baby when it came to riding coasters, which i rarely do. Anyway, when I was a kid, I would always get that free-fall, stomach kind of feeling on the littlest drops. I'm sure you guys know what feeling I'm talking about. Anyway, I absolutely hate that feeling. It's what makes me not want to ride coasters.

So the question is: Do you guys get that feeling too, and just love it? Or do you not get that feeling, and hence are free to enjoy the ride itself?

PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, basically what you said. Some people like g-forces, some people don't. That is a lot of what separates coaster riders from people who hate them. But everyone feels them, it's part of the design of the coaster.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real roller coaster I've ever ridden is the Cannon Ball at Lake Winnepesaukah in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It was fun, but nothing spectacular. I just got a sudden urge to go riding roller coasters, by the way. >_>

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't ridden a roller coaster in some years now but tomorrow, I'm heading to Six Flags Over Texas Pretty excited! I'll update with more details when I get back.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUUUUMMMMMMPPPP

I have to say, prior to about a year ago I had no interests in roller coasters, however I had the opportunity to go to Cedar Point. I thought, why not, and decided to go and it was hands down one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. I've been wanting to go back ever since. I guess I'm now a pretty big fan of roller coasters haha.

And speaking of Cedar Point, has anyone tried the GateKeeper? It made its debut only a month ago. I can't wait to try it out next I make it out to Sandusky.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOmyA wrote:
BUUUUMMMMMMPPPP

I have to say, prior to about a year ago I had no interests in roller coasters, however I had the opportunity to go to Cedar Point. I thought, why not, and decided to go and it was hands down one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. I've been wanting to go back ever since. I guess I'm now a pretty big fan of roller coasters haha.

And speaking of Cedar Point, has anyone tried the GateKeeper? It made its debut only a month ago. I can't wait to try it out next I make it out to Sandusky.

Speaking of Cedar Point, some members of ScoreHero were supposed to have a meeting out there this month. Never happened, sadly, as plans never fully surfaced.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:
MrOmyA wrote:
BUUUUMMMMMMPPPP

Speaking of Cedar Point, some members of ScoreHero were supposed to have a meeting out there this month. Never happened, sadly, as plans never fully surfaced.

Well that's a shame, I would have loved to have gone to that! Maybe some other time.

And about the GateKeeper, I asked a friend who recently tried it and he said it's smooth, has a lot of loops and twists, and is a decently long ride. Personally, I don't want to spoil it and watch a video of it, so I'll just wait until I make it over there again.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I know no one reads this thread or anything on ScoreHero anymore

But just in case you do

The Flying Turns might really really for real open this summer

Yoinks
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to go on Smiler this year?

It won't make you sick, promise.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Raikri999 wrote:
1) Colossus: At first, I really just thought it was going to be a minor coaster in my day at Thorpe Park. However, thishad me laughing for the entire ride. It's oneof the best types of these coasters (Can't remember the name for my life. >_<) around.

I'm pretty sure this is just an Intamin Multi-Looper. No fancy name really. Although I've heard from a lot of UKians on CoasterForce that it's kind of rough. Is it?

Bump from the depths, because I finally got to Thorpe Park for the first time on Monday.

Colossus is an absolute brain breaker. The inversions aren't the problem, it's the buffeting of your head against the restraints; the amount of side-to-side banging meant I couldn't walk straight for about forty minutes afterwards and ended up passing on the rest of the rides we had planned (which basically meant Saw).

Did The Swarm (backwards) while I was there, though. Pretty fun. Stealth is cool for all nine seconds of it too.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

England is a trip I may or may not end up making next year, I really hope I get to ride The Ultimate.

Just to say I did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: