ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official "Video Game Challenge" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peekay  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
Final Fantasy X

Yuna-Only, No Summoning (YONS)

(note: technically, it's YONSOSG, but SCC's generally incorporate OSG. The exception is once you've beaten BFA, you're allowed to go back and stat max Yuna for sidequest purposes.)

Yep, this is a real bitch of a challenge. I've done both TO and AO SCC's, and both were ridiculously easy (AO less so; his strength and defence don't mean a lot without accuracy, agility and evasion), so I decided to skip all the intermediate challenges and go straight for a toughie. I haven't done an NSG, because I hear it's a lot easier than AO, so I can't be bothered.

If anyone wants to watch me (highly unlikely) - for proof, or just to keep me sane - I'll be streaming it sometimes.

Day 1
Started the challenge. Got to Besaid, and the challenge proper began.

Day 2
Mostly training in Besaid. Apparently Dingos drop elemental strikes, which can be useful, but in four hours I never saw one for any character, so decided to give it a miss and head on over to Kilika.

Day 3
Oh Kilika, how I want to stab thee. This is the part where you spend hours farming Killer Bees and Ragorae for a poisontouch drop. Got the useful poisonward armour for Yuna, but nothing in the form of a weapon so far. I'm dying pretty much every other battle, because I try not to run away from anything except a lone Yellow Element, when its friends have died.

I have learned all the Nul-spells and am progressing along Yuna's sphere grid with all the brisk haste of a dead badger. I am tempted to kill Lord Ochu, but that'll mean a lot of hassle at the end of the game where I have to make very strange armour in order to survive Triumphant Grasp (due to not being able to Overkill for a second HP sphere at this stage).

I have spent six hours today dealing 30 damage at a time to enemies with extremely high evasion, and am just about ready to snap. This is nothing compared to the grinding before Sinspawn Gui... My game clock stands at 28 hours, but actual gameplay time is likely half that. I hope.

Day 4
Yewb Kept A'Grindin'. Still in Kilika, still having a whale of a time farming monsters with high defence, HP, evasion and strength, while only using a character that deals 30 damage every time she hits, which is never

Finally, hit the first HP node on Yuna's grid, that makes grinding a lot easier since I can fight double Ragorae without dying every time or spending the entire fight healing.

Also just got a fuckin' Firestrike drop! This makes Ragora fights much easier, especially dual Ragorae. Still no poisontouch, though. About to hit the next HP node, which will be epic. Have spent another nearly six hours grinding today. Actually having fun, because some of the fights here are actually hard, which is something this game has never really been for me before. Not trying to be arrogant, but I'm not going to lie about the fact that this game is easy once you familiarise yourself with CTB.

Online Uno against GangsterHebrew, LemonMeringue and Gio kept me going Hit that HP node, which is making the fights pretty easy, except for when I get petrified (unavoidable sometimes, unless you run from every fight containing a Dinonix).

Day 5
STILL in Kilika! Got a second Poisonward armour for Yuna, which made me headdesk.

Overwrote. My. FUCKING. Save. Time to restart the whole thing after 40 hours of game time >_______>

Started again.

Day 6

This time, farmed the Garuda tutorial battle for a Darktouch weapon for Yuna, and got it after many many resets. Should stop me being petrified quite so often by fucking Dinonixes...

Day 9001 Start Game Time (SGT): 7:10

Haven't played for a few days, losing that save really pissed me off. Back to Kilika though, and ready to farm for some Poisontouch. Started listing the game time at the start of the day, although with resets it's likely to be much more than given.

Day 10 SGT: 9:17

I have limited expectations of that Darktouch weapon I farmed (farming it took me an entire day of resets). Ragorae are apparently immune to the status, so it's only useful if Dinonixes, Killer Bees and/or Lord Ochu (ha) are susceptible. Got a Poisonward armour for Yuna, though; very helpful for farming Poisontouch. Nothing else interesting yet

Day 11 SGT: 22:40 (WAHT)

Fuck. Ragorae.

That is all.

Day 12 SGT: 31:32

Hit the first and second HP nodes on Yunie's grid, so I'm basically back where I overwrote; hit 50 hours total (on both saves) Kilika farming, not including resets. Got the Serum Ring and 2 Light Rings, which I didn't have before. All in all, doing okay and should get the Belladonna Wand soon.

Ugh, got a weapon drop for Yuna and my heart leapt before I realised it was a measly S-Staff Completely unnecessary, since common spheres abound in any SCC.

MY BROTHER overwrote my save at 70 hours. Fucking hell, shit arsetosser craphead.

Day Many (We'll call it 13.) SGT: 0.00

Lol, crap. Basically what I've done is used every character in battles and summoned as much as I want, up until I get to the same point as I was pre-overwrite. Got to Mushroom Rock Road and am grinding out Reflect for Sinspawn Gui - only 10 or 11 levels (40k AP) to go...

I am pretty sure there is a some place in the game at the end where like you get crazy weapons for the chars and Tidus can do like 99,999 and yuna can constantly do 9,999 with her staff? not sure- my cousin has like crazy strong auron yuna and tidus though and his blitzball team is nuts <.<.
jtownwhiteboy92  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember seeing a diablo 2 get together thread that wasnt being held anymore and people still wanted to do it
i want to run something like this and maybe a runescape one, do i post it here or make a thread, this is confusing me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video Game Challenges:

FF9 Level 1 Ozma challenge. (It's all over the internet, but all the websites for it are blocked at my work so you're going to have to search it yourself. =(

Beat my record at Super Mario World for a speedrun. From the first world to Bowser in 9 minutes 27 seconds.

Good luck.

Also, I'm not sure if my speedrun record beats the world record. Anyone want to check that out for me and let me know? Again, work, websites blocked. I never really cared before. I'd be pumped though if it was.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call of Duty 4 Challenge
Try to get to level 55 online without using your primary weapon.

List of weapons you can use
-Knife
-Any pistol
-Any grenade
-C4
-Claymore
-Rockets

You can also...
Pick up better pistols people drop to use
Blow up cars next to people
Use machine gun turrets
Complete non-primary-weapon challenges for XP
You may also use perks in CAC to help you (Juggernaut, Stopping Power for pistol, etc.)
Use Air Strikes
Use Helicopters

Are you up to the challenge?

Last edited by FreeXBird on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
kirk7777  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
Call of Duty 4 Challenge

-Knife
-Any pistol
-Any grenade
-C4
-Claymore
-Rockets

You can also...
You may also use perks in CAC to help you (Juggernaut, Stopping Power for pistol, etc.)

I'd like to try that, but can I start from around level 14 (can't remember my exact level)?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk7777 wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:
Call of Duty 4 Challenge

-Knife
-Any pistol
-Any grenade
-C4
-Claymore
-Rockets

You can also...

I'd like to try that, but can I start from around level 14 (can't remember my exact level)?

Not as fair but go ahead.
kirk7777  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
kirk7777 wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:
Call of Duty 4 Challenge

-Knife
-Any pistol
-Any grenade
-C4
-Claymore
-Rockets

You can also...

Alright, I'll try to get some vids up soon, but this means I have to record every game I play Right? Also, can I do Team Tactical, or can it only be TDM? Are Machine gun turrets allowed?

EDIT: Uploading first battle now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk7777 wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:
kirk7777 wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:
Call of Duty 4 Challenge

-Knife
-Any pistol
-Any grenade
-C4
-Claymore
-Rockets

You can also...

Alright, I'll try to get some vids up soon, but this means I have to record every game I play Right? Also, can I do Team Tactical, or can it only be TDM? Are Machine gun turrets allowed?

EDIT: Uploading first battle now.

You don't have to record anything. This is just a challenge I'm letting people see if they can do if they're bored enough. :P

And yes, any mode, and machine gun turrets ARE allowed. I'll edit that in the Challenge Post.
kirk7777  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:

You don't have to record anything. This is just a challenge I'm letting people see if they can do if they're bored enough. :P

And yes, any mode, and machine gun turrets ARE allowed. I'll edit that in the Challenge Post.

Oh. well, I already put part 1 up, so here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IirSAqhck8&fmt=18

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk7777 wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:

Oh. well, I already put part 1 up, so here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IirSAqhck8&fmt=18

All right, I'll check it out after algebra. And by the way, if you do film, I will watch, it seems interesting how one would go about this and would be fun to watch; it's just not required.
Bladed  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a challenge for you guys to try, since I haven't been doing any challenges really as of late.

On Audiosurf, try and beat my BYOB score. It's found in the description of this video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3i2skqUzJSM

The score is low, but the song is really hard to do.

lun471k  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hey guys,

For those who are playing CoD4 and want some challenge, write your best FNG score W/E using the door glitch.
Mine is 15.70 seconds.

You can also try to post up your best arcade scores if you want:D
Mission name - Score - Rank(XBL)
Crew expandable- 48880 - 513
Death From Above- 500260 - 13668
War Pig - 173250 - 884
All Ghillied Up - 69600 - 273
Mile High Club - 89970 - 2775
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lun471k wrote:
Hey Hey guys,

For those who are playing CoD4 and want some challenge, write your best FNG score W/E using the door glitch.
Mine is 15.70 seconds.

I just tried it. 17.4 seconds.
Not the best.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
lun471k  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some tips that may help you:
Just make a slow run to see all the best spots (at the beginning, you can shoot two targets with one bullet), at the end, you throw the flashbang and get out of the "building" then shoot the targets through the wall.
Bladed  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N.B. This might not go ahead if Squirrel can't solve the problem I posted in his thread.

As much as I hate the game, I've got nothing else better to do at the moment, so this weekend (starting at Friday 5pm GMT) I'm going to try and 100% Final Fantasy VII in one sitting, and only saving it in a few locations:

1. Kalm Flashback Save Prompt
2. Just before Rapps
3. End of Disc 1
4. Just before Carry Armour
5. End of Disc 2
6. End of North Crater

The ONE thing that's in a Perfect File that I'm not doing, is maximum natural HP/MP. I only have the one weekend to do this in, not a month or three.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: