ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official "Video Game Challenge" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon's Souls Soul Level 1 Playthrough!

Here are the rules:

1. Must stay at SL1 and start as Royal.

2. Can't use Cling Ring.

3. No Stones of Ephemeral Eyes.

Yeah... that's pretty much it. I'm going to try this, and it will be hard.
JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robot Wants Kitty (iOS) Speedrun Times

Update on May 22, 2011
Classic Flash Level done in 3:38, and I bet if I really put my nose to the grindstone and took more risks, I might be able to finish in under 3:30. I just don't feel like engaging in that level of grinding, though.

Novice Level: 0:59
Expert Level: 1:56
Short & Bossy: 1:19
Electric Mayhem: 3:48
Master Level: 1:29
Classic Flash Level: 3:38

Total of all times: 13:09

Goals
Novice Level: 1:00 (final goal)
Expert Level: 2:00 (final goal)
Short & Bossy: 1:20 (final goal)
Electric Mayhem: 4:00 (final goal)
Master Level: 1:30 (final goal)
Classic Flash Level: 3:40 (final goal)

Total of all goal times: 13:30
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople

Last edited by JosephL on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
cweaver8518  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since a broken rib killed my Rock Band habit, I took on a Final Fantasy X challenge: NSGNSNCNONENNENBB.

No Sphere Grid, Summons, Overdrive, Customizing, Escapes, No Encounters equipment, or Blitzball. I have videos of the challenge I've completed thus far at my youtube channel, username cweaver8518

Keep track, I'm posting vids daily!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally pulled off an ODINS yesterday. I don't know why I even had trouble with it tbh. My SG path is pretty simple, the only variations are T & W taking A after a couple of important junctions and mapping most of the stat spheres to A (except some MP and all MAG, iirc). At the end of A, TWA take some Teleport/Return spheres back to one of the intersections on T and proceed in either direction (I went backwards, which is the stupid way to do it). This means I didn't get Hastega or QH.

Really, the only issues are Confusion (past the Thunder Plains, a Confused melee fighter can destroy the game), the Via Purifico section where you're using Yuna alone and an ambush means Game Over, and the lack of accuracy between Macalania and Zanarkand - even with Wakka, you'll miss flying enemies roughly half the time because Auron's grid has no ACC nodes. I even accidentally missed the MAG sphere in Luca, and I got MP from Ochu but there's not a lot you can do about that.

Took me nearly 2 hours to dodge the 100 bolts, gf me.

START: 12:56 / 00:00
Besaid: 13:59 / 01:03
Kilika: 15:24 / 02:28
Luca: 16:33 / 03:37
Mi'ihen: 18:01 / 05:05
M'Rock Rd: 18:53 / 05:57
Djose: 19:51 / 06:55
G'salam: 21:21 / 08:25
M'lania: 00:33 / 11:37
Bikanel: 02:13 / 13:17
Bevelle: 03:23 / 14:27
Calm Lands: 05:03 / 16:07
Gagazet: 06:00 / 17:04
Zanarkand: 07:36 / 18:40
Bevelle: 08:52 / 19:56
Inside Sin: 09:01 / 20:05
PONR: 10:23 / 21:27
End: 11:16 / 22:20
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm already actually on SH anyway, I figured I'd just let you that aren't in #sh know. I'm currently attempting my second LP of Super Kaizo World. However, I've gotten a decent amount better since my first (shitty) LP of it, that was deleted by a user on here that I banned that hacked my account. So, I've decided to up the ante and attempt the game without savestating or rewinding. I'm turning infinite lives on, but that's kinda a given.

If you would like to watch along, you can check it out here. And I'm gonna hold onto all of the original videos in case my account gets hacked again .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUNA-ONLY NO SUMMONS DARK AEON PROGRESS

I have maxed stats (except LUK, MAG and EVA). Dark Valefor is dead. Fuck that guy. Videos at the bottom of this post.

Currently: farming Ironclad for HP. Next up: EE and GS for LUK.

1 August: Minor edit: just realised I also need 200+ MAG, which is going to be a PITA. Did a test run of Jumbo Flan and it took me half an hour to kill. not overkill, kill. Hitting 27-31k with Holy, though obviously that'll increase with time. Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

... may just end up bribing shitloads of XPs and learning Quick Pockets.

29 July: Mike (Silly) had the lateral but genius idea to customise Master Thief for the purposes of procuring frag grenades to AB Ironclad rather than simply wasting time and ethers and time and time on doing it manually at 5%. For those who don't know, the only reliable ways of getting frag grenades are rare steals from Splasher (off limits due to underwater restrictions) and a noncappable mech on Gagazet; I'm currently farming frags from the latter as they have a 100% infliction rate of Armour Break on all enemies with 99% resistance or less, including Ironclad (95%). The reason it's more efficient to spend hours on farming frags is Bushinzan, an Ironclad attack that decimates Yuna's MP. If he hits you with Bushinzan twice before AB hits, the fight can and will take over ten minutes, and I've seen it waste seven ethers in a fight at maxed stats with 900 MP. Frags bring it down to two minutes per HP sphere, tops, and that's including rage-inducing DM drops.

-----------

Well, I finally did ODINS this week, so I thought I might as well finish off YONS ((YONSOSG - Yuna Only, No Summons, OSG implied). I've been working on YONS (on and off) for OVER THREE YEARS now and... now I've finished it!

I have but two battles on video, and nothing else to show for the run.

Here is Yunalesca downed, and here's Braska's Final Aeon.

The hardest fight in a YONS game is... well, guess. Really, have a guess. No, that's not right, guess again. Still not right.

Spoilers wrote:

Sinspawn Gui.

It takes more preparation, more outright skill and more time than any other fight, and more luck than any other fight bar one (Anima).

My statmaxing is going well, and I currently have STR, AGI, ACC, DEF and MDF at the max of 255, but only 16k HP. I'm going to need to farm Ironclad for HP spheres and farm EE and GS for LCK, then I'll be ready to take on the harder Dark Aeons!

Dark Valefor
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
JOE2210 wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Yewb  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im good at quoting instead of editing sometimes
JOE2210 wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: