ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anyone still play the "classic" Mega Man series?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Anyone still play the "classic" Mega Man series? Reply with quote

Not the X or Zero or Legends games, but the original series that's just numbered 1-10. I've played a bit of the really new ones that came out as Wiiware titles, but I still say nothing beats Megaman 2 and 3. What I've found to be really fun is trying to do buster only/no damage runs on some of the more difficult stages in the series, and it's really boosted the fun I have playing the series.

Anyone else still playing these games?
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought 10 was really fucking hard until I found out you could buy like 20 E-Tanks before going into a stage XP. Now I just think the Impossible Man Achievement/Trophy is... well, impossible XD.

Except for 9, I've played them all, though I have never beaten 7 (FUCK YOU DR. WILY). I might give 7 another try if I feel so motivated.

Dunno why the X series don't count for classic Megaman, though I do LOVE those games just because of the extra moves lol (dashing, wall-jumping etc).

Oh, and this video is somewhat related lol.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE the original series. I still bust out Megaman 2 and complete it every once in a while. Its my favorite megaman, and I have a tattoo of him in pixelated form (From megaman 2, that does need fixed.) Eventually I want to put the #2 Jet below him.

With that, I wasn't a fan of Megaman 9 and 10. I mean they're a bit difficult... but it just doesn't feel right. It might be the controller, its just not Megaman without an nes pad, and I haven't been compelled enough to make an NES X360 adapter.
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx, I've seen some of the Awesome series before, but never that one. That was awesome XD And when I say classic I mean just that--classic. I don't necessarily mean good- I LOVE the X series (or at least the first few titles), but I always figured people just called the regular numbered series the "classic" series just for clarification. And Yes, Wily from 7 is a NIGHTMARE. I finally managed to do a buster only/no e-tanks run on him, but I still can't do a no damage run, that's for sure. And it took a lot of lives to do the buster only, anyway. Slashman + Wily Capsule on the same stage just doesn't agree with me.

Yeah, I'm not finding I care for 9 and 10 as much either, Squirrel. They're fun, but playing on a Wiimote is weird to me. The NES controller certainly feels like the holy way of doing things with these games, although I have gotten kind of used to the Gamecube controller (Megaman Anniversary Collection). But nothing quite compares to breaking out the NES and its controller for the games, I agree.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part, I'm fairly picky about what kind of controllers I use, particularly concerning the D-pad. In other words, I FUCKING HATE THE 360'S D-PAD! Wii's is OK, PS3's is pretty good, though it would be GREAT to use a SNES pad on a modern console... or at least one that feels as good....

By the way, any idea who that chef guy in Awesome Man was supposed to be? He seemed a bit... off topic lol.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Klaww  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Megaman and Megaman 2 downloaded on my wii, though I dont think i ever beat either of them. I did beat 10, however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: