ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Un-Official Fix Your Console thread (Check the OP first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkyzero wrote:
I have another thing you can add for the PS2. I'm not sure if this applies to skinny PS2's, but it sure did work on my fatty. If your PS2 skips and makes clicky, scratchy noises while playing games, open up the PS2 to the point where you can see the disc tray. Underneath it are two silver rails that the lens motor runs on. Plug in the PS2's power cord, turn it on, press the eject button so the disc tray is extended out, and then turn off/ungplug the PS2 again; now you have better access to the rails. Use cotton swabs to wipe off any gunk until the rails are completely clean. Now get some kind of oil or luricant (I used WD-40, but apparently cooking oil and motor oil will also do - Not too sure about that) and make a little puddle of it on some newspaper or whatever, wipe cotton swabs in it, and then use those to rub it all over the rails so that they're really slick. I don't know if it'll fix your problems, but it completely stopped any skipping for me, so now I can play GH without fearing that the songs will freeze and mess up.

Nice info! I'll add that to the ps2 page.

Oh, and I went to tackle my Sega CD, and the fuse is burnt out. Replaced it, burned out immediately again, its too damaged to be fixed. Probably got hit by an electric storm or something.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this thread. My gameboy color (pinkish red) is squeaky clean. The Q-Tip came out of 1 game (daffy duck fowl play) completely black.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the power connector. You can solder those on. Just match up the pins just like how its supposed to be plugged in.

Hell, if all goes well, you might be able to just resolder the pins themselves. If the piece that broke off is in the connector, then you can just solder the wires to it.

And, you're quite welcome!

If you need longer wires for the soldering, you can just add extensions to each of those wires.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
That's the power connector. You can solder those on. Just match up the pins just like how its supposed to be plugged in.

Hell, if all goes well, you might be able to just resolder the pins themselves. If the piece that broke off is in the connector, then you can just solder the wires to it.

Superglue is on the pins so the problem isn't the wire. I need to get it off and get off the superglue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Superglue is on the pins so the problem isn't the wire. I need to get it off and get off the superglue.

Ah ok. Nail polish remover will take care of that no problem.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Thanks.

Would it be good to use some sand paper to very lightly polish the metal?

Also I might be able to get an NES or SNES (cant remember which) because my aunt has one with like 50 or so games.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Thanks.

Also I might be able to get an NES or SNES (cant remember which) because my aunt has one with like 50 or so games.

Nice!

Its not necessary to do the sanding, if you want to, you can, it won't hurt anything. Those pins are thin though, so be careful doing it, and I would recommend at least 400 grit.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Thanks.

Nice!

Its not necessary to do the sanding, if you want to, you can, it won't hurt anything. Those pins are thin though, so be careful doing it, and I would recommend at least 400 grit.

So do I rub a nail polish remover dipped q-tip on the pins?
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's what you do.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Yep, that's what you do.

I put it on. Removed it, Put it on again and scrapped some of the glue off but it still didn't work.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
Yep, that's what you do.

I put it on. Removed it, Put it on again and scrapped some of the glue off but it still didn't work.

The laser might have died, as that is the power cable.

The only thing i can come up with now, is to reflow the solder to the 4 pins on the underneath of the motherboard, maybe a solder joint broke.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
Yep, that's what you do.

The laser might have died, as that is the power cable.

The only thing i can come up with now, is to reflow the solder to the 4 pins on the underneath of the motherboard, maybe a solder joint broke.

Hmm...

At least I have PS2 to play PS1 games (I'm getting my PS3 coffin today)
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some quick testing on the 360 at work, some of the mosfets are definitely not getting power. Looks like my weekend will consist of me tracing out the motherboard.

Keep the questions coming!
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
I did some quick testing on the 360 at work, some of the mosfets are definitely not getting power. Looks like my weekend will consist of me tracing out the motherboard.

Is there anyway to get a GBC game on a DS without an M3 or R4?

Also can you combine a PC fan and Ac/Dc adapter?
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Is there anyway to get a GBC game on a DS without an M3 or R4?

Also can you combine a PC fan and Ac/Dc adapter?

The PC fan runs off of hot and ground,no matter what voltage or amperage you give it, just as long as its DC. So yes, you can directly solder a DC adapter to a fan, say, from a sega genesis adatper for example, or if you're feeling froggy, 8 AA's.

As for the GBC on the DS, that IS the only way. They took out the main processor for the GBC and GB games, it would have jacked up the price by like $30 to add that old of game's support. So, now its all emulated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 3 of 39

Jump to: