ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Un-Official Fix Your Console thread (Check the OP first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteroidPirate wrote:
I wast told to dig up this thread and to post in it, forgive me for that.

The USB ports on my Wii do not read anything. I've tried to plug RB1 drums/mic into the ports directly and that doesn't work. Then, I try to plug in through the adapter and nothing happens again. Mucho love if you can help me fix it. <3

Have you tried updating the wii? And also, its always in standby. Unplug the power from the back of the wii, plug it back on, turn it on and see if it acts the same. If so then the usb controller is borked, and it needs to be warranty repaired.

Garwood wrote:
so a while ago I had my friend's 360. I played rock band one night and everything worked just fine then the next day I couldn't get the console to turn on. I tried a remote turn on with a controller and pressing the button and it just wouldn't start.

At first i thought it was the power supply or something but I took my console (which i had just got the day before) and hooked it up using his cables and everything and it started just fine.

He is still out of town until next moth and doesn't remember if he has a warranty or not so. . . Is this a common problem/have you seen this happen before and know how to fix it?

Does his 360 still act like this when you turn it on? Sounds like the thing just needed unplugged and plugged back in. Have you tried your power supply on his 360? Different models have different ratings, so if yours uses less power, then it could be ok for you but not for his.
Garwood  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:

Does his 360 still act like this when you turn it on? Sounds like the thing just needed unplugged and plugged back in.

Uhh no his 360 still doesn't turn on at all. I thought it may have been a problem with the switch behind the big button but I couldn't turn it on with the controller so it must have been something else.

This was something like 6 months ago. He's been out of town and is coming home next month.

Squirrel wrote:
Have you tried your power supply on his 360? Different models have different ratings, so if yours uses less power, then it could be ok for you but not for his.

His 360 was a 20gb from 2007 and i bought a 60gb last December so if anything I would have though mine would need more power which is why I didn't try using my power supply.

He was home for a week last month and he tried plugging everything back up with all his cables and everything but it wouldn't turn on but this time i brought my x-box up to his place and mine worked perfectly using his cables again.

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used this guide to fix up a 17" LCD Monitor that was given to me.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Replace-LCD-Backlight-Inverter-on-Any-Monitor-for-/
MrPizza1771  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told you might be able to help me. I don't know if you did much XBox 360 things yet (maybe I should've read more of the thread before posting this).

I sent my first XBox in because of the red-rings. After getting it back after 3 weeks, I started playing RB2. After playing it for about a month on the new console, it scratched the disk. We got GH:M and last weekend, we got RB2 again. Last night, all the times I tried playing the game and it was scratched.

That made two copies of RB2 that have been scratched in a circle and we want to know if a) there is a way to fix the games, and b) there is a way to fix the XBox. I really hope you can help.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Mr Pizza1771 PSN Name: MrPizza17
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way to fix the games unfortunately

Sounds like you have a 360 with a bad angled disc drive for spinning games.

Do you have the console vertical or horizontal? If its vertical, lay it down horizontal. That's the main cause of games being scratched.

If its not, well you can protect your games by getting dvd protectors, then upload the games to the hard drive, so it scratches the protector, not the game...

After a quick search on google, I found this.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Refurbishing-the-HL-Xbox-360-DVD-Drive.htm

Give that a try as well, if the above two ideas don't work. The last idea that I linked WILL void your warranty.
xxtimetokillxx  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap Squirrel, you saved my Ps2's life right there. Thanks.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxtimetokillxx wrote:
Holy crap Squirrel, you saved my Ps2's life right there. Thanks.

You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help. ^_^
dogtownzboy1  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here was the problem. My power supply fell unconnecting the cable from the outlet to the power supply. I plugged it back in and the power supply was blinking orange and my 360 didnt turn on. I tried unplugging all the cables and plugging them in, didnt work.

This simply cannot be fixed..right?

http://www.last.fm/user/shad0wz69
Follow Me @dogtownzboy1

Haven't been on ScoreHero in 3 years. 4chan ruined my life.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogtownzboy1 wrote:
Here was the problem. My power supply fell unconnecting the cable from the outlet to the power supply. I plugged it back in and the power supply was blinking orange and my 360 didnt turn on. I tried unplugging all the cables and plugging them in, didnt work.

This simply cannot be fixed..right?

Actually, if you don't mind breaking warranty, its very easily fixable.

Going by your other thread, I would first go see a different power supply to see if that will work with your X360, the cable itself might be broken.

If another power supply acts the same, then the only fix will require soldering and voiding the warranty.

What you're going to do, once you verify that your power supply is ok, you're going to cut the connector off of the power brick, and solder the wires to the power supply connector.

I have never opened up a 360 power connector, but if you don't want to possibly ruin that too, you can get a cheap pc power supply from a computer store (anything above 200 watts)

What you are going to do is rip off the power supply connector itself, this is where the wires are going to come out of.

This can be done with a desoldering iron. After that then what you are going to do, on bottom, there is 8 pins.

the first row is ground, the second row is 12v, the 3rd row, the first contact is 5 volt, the second contact is ready (for the power supply, puts it in standby and such)

The yellow wires are 12v, red wire 5v, blue wire, standby.The black wires go in the 3 connectors above the yellow connectors.

That's it! Plug in the power supply and turn it on. If you are using a power supply, there is a green wire that exists... that needs to be grounded for the power supply to turn on at all. Also if you use a PC power supply, that blue wire is not needed to be soldered on.
vader9200  

Location: The town from the movie in The Haunting in Connecticut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey squirrel, i have a question about one of my games for the 360 that wont work. i have midnight club LA for my xbox, and when i put the disc into my xbox, one of these three things happen:
1) it reads it as if it were a dvd and when i boot it up it gives me the message that you get if you were to put a game into a dvd player
2) the disc tray will close and not read the disc at all (open tray message still appears)
3) and once in a great while, the disc will load and read manually until the PRESS START TO PLAY screen comes up, and at that point the xbox will say that the disc is unreadable

other things to note are that my xbox has no problems with any other games, and the same midnight club disc that i am having problems with works perfectly fine in several other xbox's that ive tried it in since ive started having problems. the disc has very few minor scratches in it, so i dont think that that is it. also, the guy at my game crazy had told me that this may be an indication of my xbox redringing soon or that the disc tray is bad, but i just wanted your opinion, thx!
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as you don't want to hear this, its most likely your disc.

Unfortunately the X360 has issues like the old ps2's do, some like DVD-R's, some like DVD+R's only, etc.

I'd see about renting the game for one day from a blockbuster to see if its the laser just not liking that game period, or that disc itself.
vader9200  

Location: The town from the movie in The Haunting in Connecticut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks ill try this, but why would my xbox only not like this game? also, the game worked fine for about 4 months from the time i got it until it stopped working, so thats wierd isnt it?
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vader9200 wrote:
ok, thanks ill try this, but why would my xbox only not like this game? also, the game worked fine for about 4 months from the time i got it until it stopped working, so thats wierd isnt it?

When it comes to DVD lasers, you never ask questions, you just take it for what it is. Trust me. ^_^
MrPizza1771  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
No way to fix the games unfortunately

Sounds like you have a 360 with a bad angled disc drive for spinning games.

Do you have the console vertical or horizontal? If its vertical, lay it down horizontal. That's the main cause of games being scratched.

If its not, well you can protect your games by getting dvd protectors, then upload the games to the hard drive, so it scratches the protector, not the game...

After a quick search on google, I found this.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Refurbishing-the-HL-Xbox-360-DVD-Drive.htm

Give that a try as well, if the above two ideas don't work. The last idea that I linked WILL void your warranty.

Sorry for not replying earlier.....

So how do I get it onto the hard drive? Can I do that from a scratched game? And where do you get DVD protectors?

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Mr Pizza1771 PSN Name: MrPizza17
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try... and that's just using the x360 to install the game onto the hard drive.

http://dskin.com/dskin_products.php

You can get them there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 21 of 39

Jump to: