ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Un-Official Fix Your Console thread (Check the OP first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What'd you ever do with my nasty Xbox 360?
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:

Kept the drive, trashed the rest. Unfixable, I'm sure the reball would work, but its gone. It happened in one of the cleanings that I did... same with all my broken consoles. I trashed about 3 ps1's, 2 x360's, a ps2, a couple genesis consoles that I couldn't fix, among others.

My brother moving home, me losing the gameroom, gotta make room for everything, so all my projects got cancelled.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:

Kept the drive, trashed the rest. Unfixable, I'm sure the reball would work, but its gone. It happened in one of the cleanings that I did... same with all my broken consoles. I trashed about 3 ps1's, 2 x360's, a ps2, a couple genesis consoles that I couldn't fix, among others.

My brother moving home, me losing the gameroom, gotta make room for everything, so all my projects got cancelled.

Haha nice nice. Reballing would be kinda hardcore too, for a Xenon Xbox (runs hotter and such, amirite?).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:

Haha nice nice. Reballing would be kinda hardcore too, for a Xenon Xbox (runs hotter and such, amirite?).

You're right. Even if I sent it out for 35 bucks, plus 20 for shipping, I'd be lucky to get a year out of it.
wheelchr  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just spent most of the day fixing the motor that spins the disc on in my Xbox today, it was a total pain but I got it working Just curious though, is there any problem with leaving my Xbox taken apart and still running? Or should I probably close it up? I mean I normally would, just afraid it'll stop working if I do.

Btw, it's a Jasper I'm fairly sure. Any tips on how to maintain it so it doesn't break down again would also be appreciated.

Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

There's no disadvantage to leaving it open when you play it... in fact its a bit better being its getting completely open air.

There's no way you can really prevent the motor or dvd drive from dying. They go when they want to. The only thing you could do to save on the laser and whatnot is to install the games to the hard drive on the xbox.
wheelchr  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Awesome!

There's no disadvantage to leaving it open when you play it... in fact its a bit better being its getting completely open air.

There's no way you can really prevent the motor or dvd drive from dying. They go when they want to. The only thing you could do to save on the laser and whatnot is to install the games to the hard drive on the xbox.

Sweet! Thanks
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Squirrel, got a question. Oh the fat PS2, do you know where the Memory Card/Controller slots plug into? It kinda sorta got unplugged from the motherboard and I'm not sure where it goes. I can provide pics if it would help

It looks like there is a little flip panel (IT's brown on mine) that the ribbon would just go into, and then I would flip it down. However, it doesn't exactly fit as snug as I thought it would. Is it the right spot?

EDIT: Well, I got it pushed in there the best I could, and when I plugged the controller in, it gets power, because the red light in the middle comes on, but none of the controls work. My friend assured me that the controller used to work before hand. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to be able to lift up the cage from the plastic shell to properly seat it in. Yes you can flip it down... but it needs to be snapped back up to put pressure on all of the pins inside of there.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
You have to be able to lift up the cage from the plastic shell to properly seat it in. Yes you can flip it down... but it needs to be snapped back up to put pressure on all of the pins inside of there.

So to put it back in properly, I have to take it out more so than just cleaning the laser?

Me and a friend just took it apart completely and plugged it back in. Definitely seemed like it went it good, and I gave a little tug and it didn't come out, so hopefully it worked.

EDIT: Well, we put it back together, and it worked perfectly! Thanks for the tip Squirrel!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear, and you're welcome. Enjoy it!

Now you need to get SwapMagic 3.6, a USB drive with a Swapmagic.elf on it (being renamed from HDLoader 0.8b, a network adapter, and a 250GB hard drive in it. ;)
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Good to hear, and you're welcome. Enjoy it!

Now you need to get SwapMagic 3.6, a USB drive with a Swapmagic.elf on it (being renamed from HDLoader 0.8b, a network adapter, and a 250GB hard drive in it. ;)

I can downloaded SwapMagic right now (which is what I'm doing), I have the slim version of the PS2, which has a built in adapter, and a External Hard Drive.

I've always heard of SwapMagic, but never done it before. Always thought you had to mod the PS2 for it to work, but from what I'm reading, you don't.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh... forget it.

Swap Magic only works with the original discs, burns won't work.

The ps2 only has usb 1, it loads games faster by the dvd drive.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I have a PS2 slim (model 77001) that I opened up and put the guts inside of a replacement case (so that I could use Swap Magic), and it was working fine for a while, but now whenever I turn it on the laser disk doesn't even pop out to try and read a disk. It just sits there and doesn't move, and I don't quite know what to do about it. Do you have any idea what I could do about that?
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Eh... forget it.

Swap Magic only works with the original discs, burns won't work.

The ps2 only has usb 1, it loads games faster by the dvd drive.

Plus you'd need a fat PS2 to load games off of the network adapter. It uses standard IDE. I don't think there is a program that loads games off of externals. I could be wrong, but I'm saying this from experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

Jump to: