ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Un-Official Fix Your Console thread (Check the OP first)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
Eh... forget it.

Swap Magic only works with the original discs, burns won't work.

The ps2 only has usb 1, it loads games faster by the dvd drive.

Plus you'd need a fat PS2 to load games off of the network adapter. It uses standard IDE. I don't think there is a program that loads games off of externals. I could be wrong, but I'm saying this from experience.

They do make a USB loader for the ps2, but being that the ps2 is USB 1.1 only... its extremely slow.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
Okay, so I have a PS2 slim (model 77001) that I opened up and put the guts inside of a replacement case (so that I could use Swap Magic), and it was working fine for a while, but now whenever I turn it on the laser disk doesn't even pop out to try and read a disk. It just sits there and doesn't move, and I don't quite know what to do about it. Do you have any idea what I could do about that?

Any idea what I can do about this?
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
The-B.O.D. wrote:
Okay, so I have a PS2 slim (model 77001) that I opened up and put the guts inside of a replacement case (so that I could use Swap Magic), and it was working fine for a while, but now whenever I turn it on the laser disk doesn't even pop out to try and read a disk. It just sits there and doesn't move, and I don't quite know what to do about it. Do you have any idea what I could do about that?

Any idea what I can do about this?

Whoops, sorry I missed your question.

Check to see if the cable is pinched somewhere, or if it maybe slipped out of the slot. If the cable isn't clipped, when it moves back and forth, it could have slipped out. If that isn't the case, because the fact that it worked before and not now... your laser might have unfortunately died... but check the connections first. I know from experience, those ribbon cables are a PAIN to work with.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC doesn't post. Fans spin at 100%, nothing on screen. Tested each RAM stick, nothing. Took out video card and tried onboard, nothing. Took it out of case and dusted, nothing. It used to fail to post about every other turn on, but normally a good shake would fix it. The Windows ethernet controller said "no connections" although I was connecting to the web fine, although 4chan displayed weird, TVersity didn't work and I couldn't connect to my router page. Possible motherboard failure?
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's either motherboard or power supply. A faulty power supply will cause all kinds of weird issues.
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey squirrel do you think you can help me out with this problem? i'm having issues with the hdmi port on my xbox 360 elite. it was working fine (and has been for 6 months) and now it doesn't work all of a sudden. i have tested with other cables and another xbox so i know that:

1) hdmi port on the tv works
2) hdmi cable is good
3) using the AV cable on the xbox elite works

i don't want to use the AV cable and i don't want to send it to microsoft...

PS - i have searched online and tried changing the hdtv settings blindly but it doesn't seem to work either

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a component cable? The red/green/blue/white/red jacks. If that also has issues, than its the start of a red ring fix.

My jiujitsu teacher has a 360 that just simply doesn't work with HDMI. Works otherwise, 1080p component and all. Its still the graphics chip problem...

I would say, get a set of cheap component cables from any box store. Gamestop has a set for $15 I believe. If component works, use that. If it doesn't work, you're looking at a RROD fix.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting in here because I figure you have some experience in this: what's the best Superglue you have used? One of the ear pieces of bu TurtleBeach X11 broke, and it's hanging on by the wire. What's the best glue to use to glue it together and make it stay connected?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok to copy and paste my post from my accomp thread:

Ok so the problem is...I just received Greatest hits through the mail and it is a brand new copy which was unopened, however for some reason my PS2 doesn't read it. It does the same thing with my Gran Turismo 4. It also doesn't read my ps1 games but that is another story.

Anyway...It DOES read my GH 80's disc, which is around 2 months old (I bought it when it was a new game too) as well as my gh3 disc plus a bunch of other randoms that are a little scratched.

My question is...what is up with my ps2? And how do I fix it. Since I don't want to have to buy a whole new PS2 because money is tight at the moment. And I don't want to have to send this game back too.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated thanks.

Also I have opened it up and cleaned it out, but with no success. I would prefer not having to buy another one.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Posting in here because I figure you have some experience in this: what's the best Superglue you have used? One of the ear pieces of bu TurtleBeach X11 broke, and it's hanging on by the wire. What's the best glue to use to glue it together and make it stay connected?

Sorry, I had no idea you guys posted.

Honestly, I had the same exact issue. I just used a LOT of hot glue. I tried the super glue/epoxy of the joint... it broke 5 min later.

Its been holding since the 16th of Jan.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Ok to copy and paste my post from my accomp thread:

Ok so the problem is...I just received Greatest hits through the mail and it is a brand new copy which was unopened, however for some reason my PS2 doesn't read it. It does the same thing with my Gran Turismo 4. It also doesn't read my ps1 games but that is another story.

Anyway...It DOES read my GH 80's disc, which is around 2 months old (I bought it when it was a new game too) as well as my gh3 disc plus a bunch of other randoms that are a little scratched.

My question is...what is up with my ps2? And how do I fix it. Since I don't want to have to buy a whole new PS2 because money is tight at the moment. And I don't want to have to send this game back too.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated thanks.

Also I have opened it up and cleaned it out, but with no success. I would prefer not having to buy another one.

Sounds like the laser is on its way out. However, it is weird that the drive will only read certain DVD games, and not others, especially official ones. That tells me for the DVD side, the laser just might need cleaned. However, as far as the CD side is concerned... that needs opened up and adjusted. In the OP I have a link to the post, to do just that.

EDIT:

I am going to rewrite my guide for fixing X360's, complete with pictures, very soon. I have pretty much perfected how to fix them, I honestly can't think of a better way to do so than what I came up with. You also reuse the original X clamps, not my way I had on here before.

Also, someone challeneged me to make a 360 RROD Proof. This is what I came up with. I literally left this on overnight one night... the CPU fan was blowing cold air out, the GPU was blowing barely luke warm air out. Yes... the fan is crooked. I measured the original holes with the bracket that's bolted on top... only to find out after I cut out all the holes, that the one corner was bent. I win the game?

Desertman123  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrod proof guide plz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
rrod proof guide plz

I'll get to it when I get to it. I know you need it, but I have very, very limited free time.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Desertman123 wrote:
rrod proof guide plz

I'll get to it when I get to it. I know you need it, but I have very, very limited free time.

Sounds good. This thing works fine for now.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, after not applying any update to this thread at all, its time for a major one.

I am going to start a tutorial series of videos on youtube.

I just got done recording this weekend, a how to fix the rrod on the 360. Once I edit the video and post it, I'm going to start taking care of the most popular things, like how to fix an NES without needing to buy one of those garbage 72 pin connectors, and how I clean cartridges.

Stay tuned!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39

Jump to: