ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League B - Season 2 Playoffs - FINAL RESULTS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minimewaldo  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a very intresting final....
BigE  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 seed v. 8 seed.

Basically DragonDarch pulled a Miami heat. Starting off the season good....slacking off but still holding on to make the playoffs. Not really wanting to play hard. Getting lucky in the first round (b/c Jimi didn't report a score). And then turned it on to make the finals.

Meanwhile....Rise has just taken on all comers all season and rolled through. I guess like the Dallas Mavericks.

We all know what happen when the Heat played the Mavs last year.....

but i think Rise is gonna take it. Though it'd be nice to have Dragon win.

good luck to both of you.

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
TheBrain  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel so bad now about being knocked out in the first round seeing that Rise is in the final. I hope next time I don't have to go against someone that good in the first playoff!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, I knew missing that note under SP right before the triple chords was going to come back and bite me in the ass. Sadly, I just couldn't improve on it. Good match RiseofAsh, I thought you were going to get me.
wupun  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck to the both of you!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: Wupun
RiseOfAsh  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, as usual, all the rallying against me. Which is fine. I normally take it in stride. Someone's gotta be the villian. Even if the villian sometimes wins. haha.

Unfortunately, this epic seems like it's going to end on a more heroic note, with the underdog pulling through. I just can't hit what I need to (which is frustrating, because just like COY, this is a song I've managed to hit everything on, just not in one run). Can I pull it off? Yeah. Will I? Knowing Dragon, probably not.

But you know, I'm alright with that. This is really one of those "may the best man win" and at this point I've managed to push myself harder than I ever thought I could, and beat people I thought I had no chance of beating. So for the finals, I got no stress, win or lose. It's just going to be fun.

And besides, that mentality is easy to hold with this song, because it really is one of the most fun songs to play. So I'll rally just like everyone else is and say Good luck, Dragon. Hope you do well on it. And I'll do everything I can to try to make sure it's not easy on you.

RiseOfAsh  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my score's in. I'm going to be doing clinical work for school all the rest of the day and night, so that's the end for me.

Good luck Dragon

Dragondarch  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My score's in. Have to work in less than 4 hours and haven't slept yet. My hand is also tired from all the playing I did today.

Best of luck to ya, Ash.

...and if I lose I blame Elx for jinxing me this afternoon...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOH, I know who won now, unless one of you decides to pull a last minute switch in the next 5 hours.
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, Final results are posted and the winner of the GHII B League Season 2 Playoffs is...................................................Dragondarch!
eternalidol  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Dragondarch!

Its funny how you were gonna quit out of this
and then you ending up winning it all anyway.
It seems yours was the path of destiny, or
something.

[ Now, it's quite simple to deal
with a banana fiend. First, you
force him to drop the banana. Then,
you eat the banana, thus
disarming him. You have now
rendered him helpless ]
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Dragondarch!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow nice job everyone...congrats to Dragondarch!
Awarded to the competiters with the lowest ever score differential in a single play-off bracket. During the semi-finals of the Season 3 playoffs, Hackelmania defeated NineInchNails by 1 point (284,654 vs 284,653) on Rock This Town (Hard) to advance to the finals.
RiseOfAsh  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Dragondarch. That was a blast, and you really turned on the juice in that eleventh hour. I am both humbled and pleased to have faced off against an opponent like you and hope you had just as good a time as I did.

Go Dragon!

Dragondarch  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiseOfAsh wrote:
Congratulations Dragondarch. That was a blast, and you really turned on the juice in that eleventh hour. I am both humbled and pleased to have faced off against an opponent like you and hope you had just as good a time as I did.

Go Dragon!

/bows

After the first round (and lady luck bitch slappin' me) I did. Getting lucky in that first round somehow brought some enjoyment back into the game. I think I was having a bad day...or something. That, and for some reason I just can't play John the Fisherman well for the life of me...

Was definitely well fought (that goes for everyone who competed)...some quite stiff competition all the way through the season and well into the playoffs. All of that has managed to improve my playskill by leaps and bounds. Things that I never would have been able to pull off before are now entirely possible. Yesterday morning (before Elx JINXED me ) I managed some things during my warm-ups that shocked me:

-5-starred Hangar 18 without SP usage for the 2nd time (the score I submitted for the first week of the season needed SP...and I've beaten that by 6,000 without it now).
-5-starred Misirlou without SP, and had 90%+ on both Guitar Breaks.
-97% Notes hit on Push Push (Lady Lightning), and 5-starred without SP (personal best).
-98% Notes hit on Jordan (-20, personal best).
-97% Notes hit on The Light That Blinds and 5-starred without SP (personal best).
-and finally, 98% Notes hit on Free Bird (-26, nailed solos I and J perfectly...obviously personal best).

I'm kind of finding it a shame I can't compete next season in the A league. I'd love to try and improve my skill on Expert...but time constraints and a pain in my left hand are telling me that it's probably best to sit out for at least one season. I'll probably play casually and match my scores up against everyone else's for fun - but knowing that I won't be obligated to go for a high score will allow me to keep my enjoyment of the game high.

I'd just like to once again thank everyone who competed this season for the well-fought battles, and I look forward to seeing how everyone does next season in whichever league you happen to be participating in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: