ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League C - Season 2 Playoffs - FINAL RESULTS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RocketMan  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashes2Ashes wrote:
Your strumming fingers do the same motions whether you HO/PO or not

??? Is that supposed to be FRET FINGERS???
As far as the HO-PO's go for me...they have got 99.4% better in the past few weeks. My timing is getting REALLY good on them...and I have picked up the secrets for doing them (which is probably common knowledge...but you know, I may be a little slow sometimes) Yeah, there is the occasional miss, but without the worry of a strum in there...its safer for me. Now, GH1 on the other hand...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...thats it!!!
I gave it my best...pulled off a FC!!! Prior to that I had 100%...but with 2 extra strums. The problem is...in my FC run, I didn't even try to squeeze...and I completely forgot to whammy the SP phrase!!! **sigh** Kinda figured I'd be able to pull it off again. Now, my fingers are just to tired...I cant do the HO-PO's (Strumming everything, alt. fingers for the HO-PO's, and holding down the lower note)!!! So, thats that...

Hope its good enough for an upset!!!
Good Luck bmintern!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...and I completely forgot to whammy the SP phrase!!!

an FC is better than a missed note due to whammying

well done btw

PS i h8 freya on hard mode!!!

(GH1 league)
GH1/GH2 Hard FC's Goals
Code:

[ ] Parasite         [X] Infected
[ ] Soy Bomb         [ ] Fat Lip
[ ] Elephant Bones   [ ] Even Rats
[ ] Girlfriend       [ ] Killer Queen
[ ] Yes We Can       [ ] Story of my Love
minimewaldo  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..... Didnt expect Ashes to go out in Semis
bmintern  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RocketMan wrote:
Well...thats it!!!
I gave it my best...pulled off a FC!!! Prior to that I had 100%...but with 2 extra strums. The problem is...in my FC run, I didn't even try to squeeze...and I completely forgot to whammy the SP phrase!!! **sigh** Kinda figured I'd be able to pull it off again. Now, my fingers are just to tired...I cant do the HO-PO's (Strumming everything, alt. fingers for the HO-PO's, and holding down the lower note)!!! So, thats that...

Hope its good enough for an upset!!!
Good Luck bmintern!!!

Looks like that little mistake cost you in the end. It was a really close one! I like that song, but I don't like playing it very much because of all that repetition. I played it about 5 or 6 times last night and happened to get a good run on the last try, so I just went with that.

And now, on to Dr. Sham! Good luck to you. I love the song, but I know it's a tough one. It should make for a good battle.
DrSham  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmintern wrote:
And now, on to Dr. Sham! Good luck to you. I love the song, but I know it's a tough one. It should make for a good battle.

Thanks, a close fought semi but you had just enough to win it. Unlucky RMan, close but not quite close enough. 3rd overall was a great effort though

Not sure why A2A didn't post a score, but never mind.

I've never even played Push Push on Medium before so not sure what to expect, although the same can be said for all the others in the league so expect a close battle. Had a look at the high scores and see they are quite spread out so it doesn't look like this one will be as much of an SP path fight as the previous rounds were. Also, only about 75 people have FC'd so could be a tough ask.

Good luck & may the best man win

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
mrseb  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg A2A lost!

hard luck rocketman, i wud have lost on that song aswell

(GH1 league)
GH1/GH2 Hard FC's Goals
Code:

[ ] Parasite         [X] Infected
[ ] Soy Bomb         [ ] Fat Lip
[ ] Elephant Bones   [ ] Even Rats
[ ] Girlfriend       [ ] Killer Queen
[ ] Yes We Can       [ ] Story of my Love
NineInchNails  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
Also, only about 75 people have FC'd so could be a tough ask.

In my honest opinion, the only songs I found harder FCing on Medium were (in reverse order) Hangar 18, Carry Me Home and Institutionalized.

Should be exciting for you everyone because there are so many possible paths, i've FC'd it and i'm about 6,000 off 1st place.
wupun  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck to the finalists!

Also, looking forward to seeing a few of you in League B next season.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: Wupun
Ashes2Ashes  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was thinking the scores were due tonight, not this morning. Either way Sham beat me by about 20 points, I had 166,294. Good luck to the finalists though.
Headlight  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashes2Ashes wrote:
Yeah I was thinking the scores were due tonight, not this morning. Either way Sham beat me by about 20 points, I had 166,294. Good luck to the finalists though.

C league was kinda absent minded in the playoffs, 5 slots without scores, 4/5 missed the cutoff date thinking it was the next day. Not slamming anyone, i almost missed a cutoff myself.

Anyone else think we should change the standard cutoff time from 3AM to something more like 3PM or anything else to avoid the early am confusion? Does this happen in all the leagues at playoff time?

RocketMan  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job bmintern and DrSham!!! Ashes...no scores posted!!! AHHH!!!...talk about anticlimatic!!! **sigh**

Yeah, I knew that non-whammy FC run would come back to haunt me!!! I just wanted to get a FC run down, that way I had a backup score, just in case I couldn't pull off another FC. I never THOUGHT, that I wouldn't be able to do it again!!! It was just bad luck...Yeah, I looked at the notechart again. Looks like the whammy spot gives you 1 beat extra of SP use...It would have given me 1 more note under 8x...or 400 points more **sigh** D'Oh!!! I really shouldn't have counted!!!

Well...this looks to be a really good Final though!!! Push Push is tough...I've made one run through...and...ummmm...Ick!!! Good luck to the both of you!!! Cant wait for the results!!!

Headlight...I agree. The times should be due at an easier "time" but what would be easier??? We have people worldwide...so the times are going to be odd for everybody...for the most part. Though, if they do change it to a (6pm Eastern...whatever) then you know its 6pm that day...rather than Early morning the next day. I dunno...might be a little more clear to understand. ???

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headlight wrote:
Ashes2Ashes wrote:

C league was kinda absent minded in the playoffs, 5 slots without scores, 4/5 missed the cutoff date thinking it was the next day. Not slamming anyone, i almost missed a cutoff myself.

Anyone else think we should change the standard cutoff time from 3AM to something more like 3PM or anything else to avoid the early am confusion? Does this happen in all the leagues at playoff time?

No problems in the other leagues to date...I tend to spell things out like..song is due Wednesday at 3:00AM that is tuesday night b4 you go to bed people!...and that helps take care of it. The reason we made it 3:00am is because that is midnight PST....so you have all that day (accross the continental US) to get your scores in. It is a bit unfair for those outside the US to have to adjust to..but oh well...no matter when you make the cutoff, it will be an odd hour for somebody.

EDIT: What I'll pitch we go ahead and do next season is say, songs due by Saturday March xx by Midnight PST. That should eliminate the confusion on the early AM cutoff. If you live on the east coast, you'll just have to factor in that you are 3 hours ahead..so you can keep going past midnight.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
EDIT: What I'll pitch we go ahead and do next season is say, songs due by Saturday March xx by Midnight PST. That should eliminate the confusion on the early AM cutoff. If you live on the east coast, you'll just have to factor in that you are 3 hours ahead..so you can keep going past midnight.

I think that would be a little easier to understand!!! Good Idea!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Wonders how the Finalists are doing**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: