ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Legend Of Zelda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:

Don't forget about the last-gen version of the game, which will inexplicably get .1 points higher.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
A 10 from IGN, a consistently negative review from Gametrailers that results in a 9.1, and Gamespot had to delay their review because the reviewer is spending so much time doing all the side-quests and extra stuff and is now 37 hours in and still has a bunch to do in the main story. Seriously can't wait for this game.

The GameTrailers review seemed really off to me. They criticized the graphics saying that the Wii had reached its peak, but shouldn't it be graded on how it looks on compared to the other Wii titles rather than comparing it to a game on a console that has so much more graphical power? In addition, the review states that it's a radical departure in the series, but criticizes it for borrowing elements in the franchise. And also... WHY CRITICIZE IT FOR NOT HAVING FISHING? Seriously, only three games in the entire freaking series had it; what's the point of complaining about that? All in all, GameTrailers's review was just garbage.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm freaking excited for this game. Forcing myself to wait for Christmas has never been so hard T.T
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Slagr  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameTrailers wrote:
Grey hair

This made me almost as mad as when people say TP was better than WW.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

played it a bit last night (you know where to how/get it). graphics looks awesome for the Wii. i'll have to get used to the wiimote/nunchunk gameplay style tho, i'm too used to play zelda on a normal controller.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamespot.com/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/reviews/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-review-6345839

Gamespot be trolling. Too bad no one cares.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many games to play, so little time.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone been playing the game that likes it, but doesn't like motion controls? I'm trying to find like minded people that find the wii controls to be pointless gimmicks like me, but found that they just loved the crap out of Skyward Sword and love to play it for hours. The motion controls are really the one thing keeping me from this being an instant get right now. Instant rental maybe, but I still need that damn motion plus attachment to even be able to play it if I did rent it.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Anyone been playing the game that likes it, but doesn't like motion controls? I'm trying to find like minded people that find the wii controls to be pointless gimmicks like me, but found that they just loved the crap out of Skyward Sword and love to play it for hours. The motion controls are really the one thing keeping me from this being an instant get right now. Instant rental maybe, but I still need that damn motion plus attachment to even be able to play it if I did rent it.

solution: get the wiimote bundle. but get it fast before they run out of stock or maybe they already did.

im on you with this, i hate playing with the wiimote, its a gimmicks but getting used to it is just a matter of time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying I can't get use to the controls for the sake of the game, I just don't like them. The novelty wears off really fast. And right now, I'd rather just try and rent the game, but can't since I have to have motion plus to do so, which requires me to put more than I want into the game at the moment. Might just have to wait awhile for it.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finished the second dungeon and am willing to give my first impressions of the game:

The soundtrack is really nice and perfectly fits the mood, and while there have not been many tracks that have met anywhere near Saria's Song's reputation of catchy, it's hard to fault it considering how superb it is.

I can't really explain the plot all that much considering how early into the game I am, but it appears that most of the plot up to this point was handled by the introduction. Speaking of which...

I do have my gripes. Skyward Sword's opening can be painfully slow due to the emphasis on cutscenes and somewhat ambiguous objectives, similar to Twilight Princess's infamous opening hours.

However, the biggest double-edged sword for me was... well, the sword. Enemy interaction seemed downright confusing due to the lack of explanation for where their center of vulnerability was, and there also seemed to be a gradual desync in calibration the longer I played, resulting in quite a bit of my slices being registered incorrectly, with my horizontal/vertical constantly being registered as diagonals; it became so severe that I ended up dying four times against Skulltulas (yes, I'm dead freaking serious).

There's another big problem I have: the Dowsing fetch quest segments. I'll be blunt: I hope this ability never appears in a Zelda game ever, ever again. It's not fun, the directions it was taking me constantly threw me off, and there were even moments where the detection just flat-out stopped working. It's been said that this ability is optional, but apparently, the game doesn't really treat like that, as it constantly tells you to use it rather than giving you meaningful advice. They were my least favorite segments and I am not looking forward to the others.

The boss fights I have encountered so far were miss and hit. The first dungeon's boss for me was downright confusing. I'm still not entirely sure what I had to do to defeat his second phase, and the first phase was not necessarily the most logical approach if you know what I mean. The second boss, however, was pretty freaking cool. It required a risky yet coherent strategy and the venue that it took place in was nontraditional and unique. There's quite a large schism between the two in terms of quality, in my opinion.

Overall, my overall impressions were good, though it's hard for me to ignore the parts that I found frustrating, like the slow opening, finicky swordplay and insanely dull Dowsing segments. The game will likely pick up afterward, or at least, I hope so.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing the game more for the next two days and finally obtaining proper acquaintance with the controls, I have been thoroughly enjoying this game. The resolutions of the past mishaps I endured have been making this some of the best hours I have spent with any Zelda game. The dungeons I have played through so far are downright brilliant. And man, it's definitely much longer than the others I have played; I'm 25-30 hours in and the ending still isn't entirely in sight.

MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just beat the game, I would say about 40 hours, probably taking 50 to find everything to 100% the game, but god damn was this game good.

I think if it didn't use motion controls and the sky are was done a hell of alot better, it could possibly top the list of favorite Zelda games. As it is, the game is still in my Top 5. While the controls were well done, probably the first motion control game I've played that I liked the controls, but in the end, I still am not a fan of them. Many times the strikes were registering as I felt they should have, I had to recenter the aiming alot and playing with motion controls after awhile gets abit tedious.

As for the sky area, it's so damn empty. Skyloft is nice, but come on, the whole of humanity is up in the sky and there are only like 20 to 30 people? Why is there so much empty space? There's no reason to explore anything up there, cause your just gonna run go to certain spots for chest looting later on anyways. It just need more things to do, maybe things to fight, multiple areas of exploration, it could've been a whole great place to explore, but it just felt like a wasted opportunity and later in the game, it's nothing more than rushing the bird to the next surface location. Kinda boring.

SPOILERS BELOW

Damn, was this one badass version of Ganon or what? I love how this was the first incarnation and that the cycle is never-ending. Plus all the build up to getting the Master Sword, finding the Tri-Force, learning more about it, the Shiekah, and how it all connects with games set later in the timeline, specifically ones like Ocarina of Time. Such a great ending.

END SPOILER

Probably one of the best aspects of this game story wise, was how Zelda and Link are actually close this time. They grew up together, they are best friends and are on the verge of becoming more when she is taken. It really helps with Links drive to save her. No longer is just a random Princess that he just happens to get pulled into saving, things are serious for Link and it really shows.

Nicely done, Nintendo. I may hate what you've done with Mario over the past decade, but you are continuing to keep Zelda the highlight franchise of yours for me.
cjsteamfoo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain and simple. Skyward Sword is a fantastic game. I understand a lot of things people are saying about it though. For example, the motion controls. To be honest, I was never a fan of the Wii controls either. Only few games could pull it off. And I feel like Zelda did. There were times where somehow the controls got out of whack, but the solution is very simple and only has to be done once. When it calibrates where the wii remote is, make sure it will be correctly calibrated. Hold it straight and where you will be playing most of the game at the time. The only time I really had to fix the calibration is when I played the harp sometimes, especially on the Pumpkin Island's 3rd job you have to do. But just press the "1" button and calibrate it by pressing the wii remote in the bottom left hand corner.

As far as the dowsing ability, I actually like it. Although I didn't use it much, when I did, it seemed to work fine. When you get close, you could kinda tell where things are just because you'll find it is really hard to get to a certain area, so BINGO, it is PROBABLY that way. Haha. But sometimes, the places that things are makes it hard to use dowsing ability while playing. For example, sliding down a hill while using dowsing is not gonna work, but it is fun to try to find them without using dowsing as much as possible. Allows you to explore the area a bit more and find extra things!

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
The first dungeon's boss for me was downright confusing. I'm still not entirely sure what I had to do to defeat his second phase

If I remember correctly, you have to hit the things he flares at you back at him at the appropriate angle, and then, when he comes in charging to attack, you do a spin move which will stall him then you continue hitting him 2-3 times then do the same process again. The bosses keep getting better and better as you go btw. And this game has been simply awesome in story and gameplay! I am taking my sweet time with this game! Still haven't finished, on the 5th dungeon I believe. Almost done with that dungeon too!

Aye! I can go on and on about this game! It has kept me so distracted from finishing my FSFC on medium difficulty and taking 1st on that! Haha. Oh well, I'm having fun!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played and completed every single Zelda game so far and I can tell that Skyward Sword was my favorite of all time. The plot is awesome, not too complex, the gameplay is great, and I actually liked some of the side quests.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: