ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
White Buckethead LP - Pictures! (New! Halloween costume)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spartancl44  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: White Buckethead LP - Pictures! (New! Halloween costume) Reply with quote

Update 11-3-08: Check pg. 2 for Halloween costume pictures!
Update 6-24-08: Finished! Took me long enough...after a couple trips to Wal-Mart, a few screw-ups, and some playing doctor with the reconstruction, the Buckethead white/silver paint job is done. It's not exactly perfect, but I'm very happy with it. I know that I could have done better on the headstock details, but I just wanted to get it finished. Sorry I didn't get many progress pics, I just sort of plowed through with it. Feel free to ask any questions about procedure and stuff, tell me what you think, and enjoy!

Update: Disassembly is complete, and I am going to begin prepping now. I bought a can of white Krylon Fusion paint and three cans of regular Krylon (black, silver, and clear), some blue painter's tape, and the finest grit sandpaper WalMart had to offer. I dont think I can get much painting done tonight (6:15pm my time, and still need to get some dinner), but I wil do the best I can to get this going. Snapped a bunch of pictures of the disassembly, Ill throw those up here at some point to document the progress. Thanks for looking!

Hey everyone, this is my first idea for a paint mod. I would like to paint my LP to look similar to Buckethead's iconic white and silver LP, but I need some help first. This is what I am basing it off of...

Just a note, I am using the 360 LP.
I would like to basically paint the faceplate, body, and headstock white, and simulate the white neck binding (or is that silver?). I would also aim for painting the frets, tuning heads, Gibson logo, and body binding silver. The headstock design would be cool, but is not necessary, although I would like to try to paint the start button red to mimic the killswitch (might be a nice touch).

So basically, what kind of paint would get this job done? Would I need to take it all apart and sand each piece, then paint? I am a huge noob at this sort of thing, and I would like to give it my best so it comes out looking good. Any help or experiences anyone can share would be extremely helpful, and thank you for taking a look.

One last thing: the neck has been hardwired to the body (took out the contact boards because the frets were acting up and dropping notes). Not sure if that has any effect on anything, but I figured I'd throw that in there too.

When/If I get started, I will post progress pictures. Thanks alot!

Last edited by spartancl44 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should look cool, can't wait to see it finished.

Check here for painting tips.

Regarding the hardwired neck - You'll be taking the guitar apart to get a professional result. Removing all of the guts is a given. Just unscrew the fret board and the main board from the guitar along with everything else. The fact that it's hardwired won't hurt anything.
frankieaguy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats so sweet. i wanna see it when done. you shuld also try and put the tunning pegs and stuff so its like and EXACT replica
spartancl44  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Gotsmack. I will be checking out different types of paint, then hopefully getting started soon. I will be nervous about gutting it completely, but it shouldn't be terribly difficult to figure out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as you know what goes where, you should be fine, and that would be an awesome replica to make, so good luck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Wii Friend Code: 081719038021
Jumpman  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a fun challenge. Get as many good pics of the guitar as you can before you start. Definitely take it apart completely. Read the painting thread twice lol. Here's the main advice, though: BE PATIENT. Take it slow. Paint a section and walk away. Come back in a couple hours. Or tomorrow. Rushing things is how paint jobs get screwed up. Can't wait to see the result!

Here's another shot of the guitar, btw:
[img]http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72381448.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBA5123392C71E4AC8A40A659CEC4C8CB6[/img]

Well, not sure why the img isn't showing up, but paste that URL in your address bar.
FatalizSik  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait its gonna look cool. theres silver on the guitar

(\__/)
(- '.'- ) This is Bunny. Copy and paste into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.<LOL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FatalIzSikChild
spartancl44  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for update, about to begin prepping and painting! Stay tuned for progress pics...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for someone do do Buckethead's LP. Finally, someone has. I can't wait for the Guitar!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Styrofoam Boots PSN Name: xxB0NGR1PZxx420
spartancl44  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, just finished painting my guitar. Check the OP and tell me what you think. Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is sick man. Like totally sick. Christ, i want to do that right now! This is, to my opinion, the best pain job on a guitar. The head of the guitar also has the text and all! So sick 2 thumbs up.
FatalizSik  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT IS FUCKING COOL. GOOD JOB. ITS CLEAN NOT MESSY

(\__/)
(- '.'- ) This is Bunny. Copy and paste into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.<LOL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FatalIzSikChild
Jumpman  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice! Headstock looks a little uneven, but still solid overall effort. Masking that area is a pain for sure.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turned out great. Nice job, dude.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Kerrang  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, to the MAX.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: