ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DLC - Isle of Wight (Kasabian, Sex Pistols, Kaiser Chiefs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The charts look pretty good to me, so at least people can't complain about that side of things. Or maybe they will anyway.

They do seem pretty easy to us, but you have to remember that not everybody is as good as us at the game. If they always released songs such as Ernten Was Wir Saen or songs more difficult than Raining Blood or TTFAF to five star, people would get pissed off at how difficult all of the DLC is. It's a wide market - we're only one part of it.

Edit: Just finished watching the last video - Shoot The Runner. It looks really fun to play.

There's some decent quality videos of Shoot The Runner and Problems available here. The STR video is an FC, and the Problems video is a -2 (well, the description says that anyway =P).

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
jcd  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushy2008 wrote:
They need to release a 750k song already besides something like EWWS where you have to be perfect almost...

cant you on flanigans ball?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: gh2pwnage
GesterX  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcd wrote:
Mushy2008 wrote:
They need to release a 750k song already besides something like EWWS where you have to be perfect almost...

cant you on flanigans ball?

No.

Looking at the festival line-up they could have released a reasonably good pack with the bands available insteas they've released a pack most people will play once and never again.

I mean So Naive by The Kooks, ANYTHING by Iggy and the Stooges, and Vacant by the Sex Pistols (or Godsave the Queen) would have been a decent pack.

Not getting this. I'll save my points for RB DLC instead
Namu  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the pack yesterday, here's my comments:

Overall, a very easy pack, probably the easiest one up till now. All songs are easily FCable, so if you're looking for a challenge, I wouldn't spend my money on it. Overall difficulty: If these songs were in the career setlist, they wouldn't be any higher than tier 2. Maybe 3, max. 'Shoot The Runner' is the best and probably most challenging (although still very easy) song, it's fun to play and it sounds great (never heard Kasabian before). It's got a somewhat challenging and original (but fun to play and listen too) switching chords section.

'I Predict A Riot' is the easiest one. During the whole first minute/minute and a half of this song, you don't play more than 50 notes. All of them long sustains. For a while I was thinking I accidentally put it on medium...The song still sounds great though, and there's some minor challenge in the three-button chord sections, but most of you will probably FC it on sightread.

'Problems' is mediocre. It's a shame it's a live version, I'm not very fond of live versions in GH. Note chart is decent, not overcharted, and is probably one of the more easiest songs (if not the easiest) you can score more than 500k on.

EskimoTrousers wrote:
so that makes namu sexier than 2 scoreheros?
ferdy  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen videos of the songs and I think that it is the worst pack ever!!! bufffff..... only easy chords....
GH5--> 78 of 85
GH: Greatest Hits--> 44 of 48
GH: Metallica--> 36 of 49
GH:WT--> 70 of 86
GH3--> 66 of 70 (67 100%... BMW sucks...)
GH2--> 56 of 74
BH--> 65 of 65

MY VIDEOS--> http://es.youtube.com/user/Prad0
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ferdy vk PSN Name: ferdy_vk
xCrazyKillerx  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i bought this pack yesterday. I agree that this pack is ridiculously easy. I had a sightread FC on I Predict a Riot and a -1 and -2 on each of the others because of stupid little rythem mistakes.

Shoot the Runner- IMO the funnest song of the pack. This one is very FCable. There are some tricky parts in the solo but its definately one to work on if you dont have the enlightend achievement.

Problems- Complete chord-fest. The sp is very obvious right from the start in that there focused around activating at the 3 chord segments everytime. FCable as long as you are good at chords.

I Predict a Riot- Kind of a joke of a song challenge wise however again an easy FC if your going for the achievement.

Id recommend getting this pack if you need your 20 FCs still. All three are FC possible. However if your sitting on 1000 microsoft points and there are no previous packs you still want then wait for the next 3 dlcs that are supposedly coming out this month.
exJORDANary  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put my videos up. I used a capture card, so the quality is pretty top notch. I FCd the songs to.

watch them if you want http://www.youtube.com/user/oct4v30n

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why won't they release an easy song to 750k?! :-P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think im gonna pass on this pack.........

i like to download challenging dlc, or songs that i like these three fit neither of those criteria.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pack sucks. Really badly. The Sex Pistols song might have a chance but the other two songs without a doubt suck really badly. Nice to know that after a surge of good DLC we're right back to playing slow, sucky songs with a bunch of sustains.
HellsAn631  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtb, buckethead dlc....

neversoft seems great at having me keep my money, seeing as most of the good dlc have been free. Works for me though.
BenniWells  

Location: Lincoln, UK ~ Where farming epidemics always hit the front page

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>_> love the bands but this is a miss.

Must try harder next time.

My Wiki: Open for anybody to edit, go ahead and write anything!
......................\/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:

They do seem pretty easy to us, but you have to remember that not everybody is as good as us at the game. If they always released songs such as Ernten Was Wir Saen or songs more difficult than Raining Blood or TTFAF to five star, people would get pissed off at how difficult all of the DLC is. It's a wide market - we're only one part of it.

All i know is people who would bitch about the diffuculty of EWWS probably aren't interested enough in GH to buy DLC. DLC is mostly bought by good players, so i don't see that as a reason as to why they'd put really easy and boring songs as DLC.

About the DLC:
Problems looks really really fun. Hard in one or 2 spots, but nothing i can't FC.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how everyone loooooves Rock Band's easy/boring/pointless DLC weekly, and when Guitar Hero does something in that realm everyone pukes.

You people don't even know what you want anymore. More DLC or quality DLC? Harder songs or easier songs? High scores or good charts? Any song that is one of these things gets shunned for not being the other. It's stupid, disgusting, and unintelligent.

I'm buying it for it being DLC, but that's just me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegibbonator wrote:
The charts look pretty good to me, so at least people can't complain about that side of things. Or maybe they will anyway.

Edit: Just finished watching the last video - Shoot The Runner. It looks really fun to play.

There's some decent quality videos of Shoot The Runner and Problems available here. The STR video is an FC, and the Problems video is a -2 (well, the description says that anyway =P).

Sorry for the double, but I'd just like to emphasize that this is an intelligent post =3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: