ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DLC - Isle of Wight (Kasabian, Sex Pistols, Kaiser Chiefs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GesterX  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:
I like how everyone loooooves Rock Band's easy/boring/pointless DLC weekly, and when Guitar Hero does something in that realm everyone pukes.

You people don't even know what you want anymore. More DLC or quality DLC? Harder songs or easier songs? High scores or good charts? Any song that is one of these things gets shunned for not being the other. It's stupid, disgusting, and unintelligent.

I'm buying it for it being DLC, but that's just me.

Did you see the disturbed pack from last week?
And don't forget just because a song is easy on guitar on RB doesn't make it easy on drums and vocals.

Starz007 wrote:
Why won't they release an easy song to 750k?! :-P

Gamerscore does not equal penis size
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Neversoft not realize that they are beat by Harmonix.

Harmonix's 3 song pack are only 440mp, and you can play them on 4 instrumints. Not to mention the charts aren't overcharted the shit!

Neversofts are 500mp and can only play on two instruments for some songs. Rythm and Lead for others. Oh, and they are overcharted to shit.

Sure, some songs in the GH3 packs are more fun than some of the RB DLC, but...Harmonix has ust beaten Neversoft.

When GH4 comes out, Neversoft better reduce the price of their DLC and have way more DLC come out, or else it's over. (Not saying that it hasn't)

What really angers me is that they had a Muse pack, and no Hysteria. D=
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.

Last edited by Wes-BasSMaNiac07 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
Gamerscore does not equal penis size

rofl

And yes I'll give them the Disturbed pack, as it came from an awesome album

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why cant i go to any of the links?$%&&^*(
p41  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible pack. I have bought all the packs, this is the first time I feel totally ripped off.

What a joke.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes-BasSMaNiac07 wrote:

Harmonix's 3 song pack are only 440mp, and you can play them on 4 instruments.

Fixed

Jon0728  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FC'd everything on my sightread, wound up re-playing all of them for a couple hours to get a good SP path with a re-FC. Only one fun song, that being Problems, but that was still easy. Please, release some harder DLC. I don't care if the shitty players complain, they have had almost every DLC pack that has been released to have their time to get the FCs most of us can do with blindfolds on. I want more song likes the Slash Battle, or TDWDTG - songs that are challenging, but VERY fun to play. I'm not really that affected, since I don't really play GH all that much due to the lack of fun and challenging songs (!!). This, in all honesty wasn't worth my money, you may ask "Why the hell did you buy it then?" To answer that, I bought it because it's more songs and my friends kinda suck so it's something for them to be good at, and new FCs keep me busy instead of sitting there waiting for the swim team to leave the pool.

TL;DR - If you like easy and painful-to-listen-to songs, buy it. If you are half-way decent at the game and would rather wait and hope for a challenging DLC pack, save you Microsoft Points/whatever the hell the use for PS3 Online for the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jon07281
DREWSUX  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the more serious topic of squeezing/high-scoring, the upperbound score for Problems looks to be about 580k or 590k, based on the vid. Someone should post an optimal vid
EDIT: Found a vid that got 620k, so i feel like a douche
Latest: Hier Kommt Alex (GH3)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ChoclatyGoodnes
nimbus541  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i predict a riot is more of a rockband song then guitar hero. to simple to play. neversoft seems to be notorious for bad guitar hero songs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wanna go on record and say that I am NOT downloading these songs... They're not worth the microsoft points...
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b08smith wrote:
Wes-BasSMaNiac07 wrote:

Harmonix's 3 song pack are only 440mp, and you can play them on 4 instruments.

Fixed

Oops!

I was so caught up in my rant I did not check my spelling!

How clumsy of me!
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
thebmw  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes-BasSMaNiac07 wrote:

Harmonix's 3 song pack are only 440mp, and you can play them on 4 instrumints. Not to mention the charts aren't overcharted the shit!

Neversofts are 500mp and can only play on two instruments for some songs. Rythm and Lead for others. Oh, and they are overcharted to shit.

Sure, some songs in the GH3 packs are more fun than some of the RB DLC, but...Harmonix has ust beaten Neversoft.

When GH4 comes out, Neversoft better reduce the price of their DLC and have way more DLC come out, or else it's over. (Not saying that it hasn't)

What really angers me is that they had a Muse pack, and no Hysteria. D=

I really want to contribute my side of this argument, but we all know that this would turn this thread into another Neversoft v.s. Harmonix flamewar. Of course, 99% of ScoreHero seems to hate Neversoft and Guitar Hero 3 to the core, so it's obvious who would win... I really I hope nobody starts this kind of flamewar because of this post...

Anyway, I might as well add my opinion on this DLC pack. Personally, I won't download it simply because:

1) I don't have any Microsoft Points right now, and
2) There are some badass songs on Rock Band that I don't have yet (Saints of Los Angelos, for example).

However, some of these newer DLC packs look to be pretty good. This is especially the case with Muse and Motorhead. Of course, I need to save some money for Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and Guitar Hero: Metallica. And Guitar Hero 4... Goddamnit, why are there so many new games coming out?

Anyway, keep it coming!

P.S. A Buckethead pack would be epic, but please don't rerelease Jordan. I already lost my data, and with it any record of my pass...
yamo5  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thinkGH3 packs are more because the name GH3 is knownto more people than Rock band, but I don't see that as the case anymore. But hopefully Rockband prices don't go up
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
thebmw  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamo5 wrote:
I thinkGH3 packs are more because the name GH3 is knownto more people than Rock band, but I don't see that as the case anymore. But hopefully Rockband prices don't go up

Actually, 500 Microsoft Points were also the prices for Guitar Hero 2's DLC. Whether Activision/Neversoft were managing the game at the time, however, is not known by me. But, since DLC for GH2 was around before I heard of the Harmonix trade-off, I'm going to assume that Activision/Neversoft didn't set the prices, only followed.

However, I will say that I must disagree the idea that Rock Band has a bigger name than Guitar Hero 3. Fact is, not too many people that I know of have actually played it outside of my house. For example (and this may not be the best example either, as teens sometimes follow separate trends), only one other kid that I know of in my grade owns Rock Band. However, almost everybody owns Guitar Hero 3, even girls! Fact is, nobody wants to pay $170 for a game, hell, $100 is a stretch. One kid in my grade said that buying Rock Band was like buying a whole new console in terms of pricing.

So, maybe Rock Band isn't the dominant. It's better, I agree, but quality alone will never make something better than anything else. Rock and rap may be a good example. Rock is better (IMO), but rap is, unfortunately, dominant. At least, so it seems. Please, if you can disprove this, go right ahead and restore some of my faith in humanity...
Cam101  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think I might have to pass on this 1, they are all not very hard, plus I still want to get the muse pack, and maybe modern metal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: