ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DLC - Isle of Wight (Kasabian, Sex Pistols, Kaiser Chiefs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecolonel  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.
i love more dlc
that makes me exited. after i get some more ms points these songs are mine.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: the colonel11
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecolonel wrote:
Awesome.
i love more dlc
that makes me exited. after i get some more ms points these songs are mine.

No dude, I would not waste my money on this dlc!

Instead buy RockBand packs.

RockBand wins because their are over 140 songs for RockBand that are DLC. You can play on 4 instruments. And they are not overcharted.

GH3 DLC loses because the songs aren't fun, overcharted, and can only play on 2 instruments.Oh, and 500 points?! When RockBand packs are only 440!And alot of songs are half priced! SWEET.

Plus, some GH3 songs are fun. But, only the free ones were fun for me. Like, We Three Kings, Dropkick Murphy Pack, and Boss Battle Pack.

Odd really.
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
Kerrang  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming he actually HAS Rock Band
rohrk21  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I liked this pack. It wasn't very difficult, but had some cool songs.

And I would greatly appreciate if people would stop saying "Harmonix has won". If they've won YOU, then great; go over to the Rockband side of the forum, go talk about it, and stay out of the GH3 discussions. Personally, I'm fine with what both of these companies are doing and am enjoying both of their DLC, so I don't care enough to compare them. Going into a topic about Guitar Hero III DLC and being like ZOMG ROCK BAND PWNS ORGASM is obnoxious, and quite frankly, it's irrelevant.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes rockband has over 140 songs but if I buy them all this leads to me having to buy a new hard drive which is like 100$. So That would cost a lot more money instead of sticking with GH3 DLC. But on occasion I do buy RB DLC

Last edited by yamo5 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
GHDIveRsIoN  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five New DLC Packs are coming for June. Next pack is Coldplay, on June 19. songs are Yellow, Violet Hill, and God Put a Smile Upon Your Face.
MavsPride41  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rohrk21 wrote:
Going into a topic about Guitar Hero III DLC and being like ZOMG ROCK BAND PWNS ORGASM is obnoxious, and quite frankly, it's irrelevant.

Calm the hell down. He never said it like that. He simply stated that he thought that Rock Band's DLC was a better buy and gave his supporting reasons for it. No one has said anything about RB DLC vs GH DLC without giving their reasons for their beliefs. No one's obnoxious except you in that last sentence.

On topic- Not so good pack...I think I'll pass. Although I am glad they're starting to come out with DLC more often.
SdS3030  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Live DLC? And of the Sex Pistols? Umm... i'll pass, thanks.

ed:

MavsPride41 wrote:
rohrk21 wrote:
Going into a topic about Guitar Hero III DLC and being like ZOMG ROCK BAND PWNS ORGASM is obnoxious, and quite frankly, it's irrelevant.

Calm the hell down. He never said it like that. He simply stated that he thought that Rock Band's DLC was a better buy and gave his supporting reasons for it. No one has said anything about RB DLC vs GH DLC without giving their reasons for their beliefs. No one's obnoxious except you in that last sentence.

On topic- Not so good pack...I think I'll pass. Although I am glad they're starting to come out with DLC more often.

lol are you for real? He was basically giving the text equivalent of a rimjob to Harmonix in his posts. What I don't understand is that if he's soooooooo into Rockband then why the hell isn't he posting about it in the appropriate forums?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONT KNOW WHY ON EARTH THEY WOULD BOTHER CHARTING SONGS LIKE THIS, SO BORING AND EASY. WASTE OF TIME
MASSIVE PASS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MavsPride41 wrote:
rohrk21 wrote:

That was more referring to his post earlier in the topic, where he claimed "Harmonix has beaten Neversoft". Page 3, second post. My bad for not clarifying.

But regardless, every pack recently that wasn't either Muse or Motorhead has had people coming in, being like "no thx, I'd rather Rock Band", and contributing nothing to the discussion other than saying "Rock Band's DLC is cheaper", which we all know. Thank you for clarifying that, everybody.

Quote:
What I don't understand is that if he's soooooooo into Rockband then why the hell isn't he posting about it in the appropriate forums?

This, more or less, sums up what I'm saying. If Rock Band and Harmonix have "won" in your eyes, then ignore the "losing" company, be content with what you're playing, and let others do the same.[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC is not forced on anybody. We as fans of either GH3 or RB have to go buy these tracks - dont like them, then dont buy them. I buy regulaly DLC for both games, and enjoy playing them.

Not everybody can be pleased with whatever they release.
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this pack. Two of the songs are insanely easy, but still kind of fun, and Problems is a bit harder (but still damn easy). It's MUCH more fun than Anarchy in the UK.
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm pretty much an RB junkie at this point, I Predict a Riot is absolutely my favorite Kaiser Chiefs song.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Glovesave74  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boring stuff... don't buy in my opinion.
ClarkIR  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:
I like how everyone loooooves Rock Band's easy/boring/pointless DLC weekly, and when Guitar Hero does something in that realm everyone pukes.

You people don't even know what you want anymore. More DLC or quality DLC? Harder songs or easier songs? High scores or good charts? Any song that is one of these things gets shunned for not being the other. It's stupid, disgusting, and unintelligent.

I'm buying it for it being DLC, but that's just me.

late reply, but whatever, i get on here sporadically.

Rockband is not emphasising on a imaginary guitar player shredding amazingly difficult guitar solos and parts.

while you do pretend to play a guitar in rb, the songs are designed to be fun to be played together and less emphasis on the guitar.

I dont know about you, but on the hierarchy of artists and songs, Jimmy Buffet and Margaretaville blows away the last 3 DLC's guitar Hero has released as far as badassness and fun to play. because if i had to pick Buffet or Sex Pistols, Im going with Buffet.

The community that gets on this forum is elitist(like myself), so they want uberchalleneging songs that have amazing shred solos. RB does not radiate that kind of alpha male attitude. its a big kumbaya circle jerk.

So in review, we like rockband DLC to be trendy, popular, and enjoyable to play as a group. We like our guitar hero DLC to make a halfway decent attempt to kick us in the balls with steel toe boots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: