ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Donations / Account Upgrades
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Donations / Account Upgrades Reply with quote

A store has been added to the site where I am now accepting donations, and where you can finally spent the contribution points you've been collecting.

Donations will earn you contribution points based on your amount which is explained on the Store page. You don't need a PayPal account to donate, I accept most credit cards as well. I would greatly appreciate any donations you could make for my efforts spent on the site to help me cover the monthly server/bandwidth costs.

For now, there is only one upgrade available to increase your score limit from a maximum of 3 scores per song to a higher value. There is no limit on how high you can upgrade it, but the cost goes up with each upgrade.

Feel free to either upgrade now, or to save your points and wait for future upgrades which will be available. However, all upgrades are non-reversible so plan accordingly.

I'll listen here for suggestions to add to the Store. Also if you have trouble making a donation for any reason let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by JCirri on Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware that the menu of links is now even larger and I really need to condense it. This will be my priority when I wake up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the advantages of having 4 scores?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:

ok if you're hoping that using CP will help you get something similar to admin privaliges or editing the site, don't...because these are just small upgrades as a reward to how much you helped out others and the site, just be glad you get SOMETHING...
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After purchasing the upgrade the home page still says I have the same amount of contibution points as I did before the purchase.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shutendoji wrote:
ES942 wrote:

ok if you're hoping that using CP will help you get something similar to admin privaliges or editing the site, don't...because these are just small upgrades as a reward to how much you helped out others and the site, just be glad you get SOMETHING...

well, i know that, i just want to know if there is anything special about having 4 or 5 scores

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, not to be hating on the new store or anything, but ES is right.

What is the purpose of having 5 scores uploaded at once?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it is really for showing a more accurately the time periods when you submitted and tracing back to where you first submitted instead of over-writting them so you can see the progress you made since your earliest submission.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...good point.

I suppose that makes sense...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advantage is being able to see your history of improvement as Maximus said. For example, take a look at my Cowboys From Hell history. I find it fascinating to look back at my old scores and see how fast (or slow) I improved.

MaximusDM wrote:
After purchasing the upgrade the home page still says I have the same amount of contibution points as I did before the purchase.

This should be fixed now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see....Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added a display to the Store page showing the total donations received and number of donators to share this information with everyone and recognize those who contribute by donations.

Thanks to those who have already made donations.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any other ways to send a donation? Money Order or Cashier's Check, specifically? I'm stillr ecovering from bad choices I made in the past and as of yet can't get a c.c. or even a checking account. Might be a bit before I could send one out, though, still kinda tight on the money end right now.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AskewedOne wrote:
Are there any other ways to send a donation? Money Order or Cashier's Check, specifically? I'm stillr ecovering from bad choices I made in the past and as of yet can't get a c.c. or even a checking account. Might be a bit before I could send one out, though, still kinda tight on the money end right now.

All of the dynamic payment methods (that automatically update scorehero's database to give contribution pts) are online-based.

Since this is not an option for you, I can make an exception to also accept a money order or cashier's check and I'd manually update the database to reflect your contribution. No problem if you don't have the money now, just when/if you decide to make a donation send me a private message and we can arrange the transfer.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, thank you for being able to make an exception in my case, just wish I knew when we'd be stable enough so that I could fire off an MO to ya.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: