ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Donations / Account Upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MetalMadness  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of donations so far has been terrible. Less than 1 percent of the registered users has donated - 29 out of over 3800. I put $20 in because I knew I wouldn't be trying to find any cutoff points. I need all the practice at being as good as I can get. JCirri will never say anything about it, but for all the work he's done making this site so damn awesome, I think he should make a couple bucks out of it! Now I'm not complaining about the guys who have contributed with the cutoffs, they've done their part, but for the rest of the 3000+ users who log in day after day and can't send in $10, COME ON!! This guy has done an unbelieveable job and he should make a few dollars! I'm sure things have been bought from the store, too. But a $20 shirt still costs $12. So lets see if we can't make a few more donations!! $5 is still $5!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I don't exactly have $10 to give away. Otherwise, it'd be here in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been considering donating... but I'm still not out of debt yet... maybe in a month or so. Might be able to donate after christmas, will probably be back in debt then too! ^_^ Damn Holidays... *shakes his fist at Christmas*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or has "The Store" button been removed? I'd like to donate but I can't find out where to do so.
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about the donations. You noted here that we're not limited to just those donation amounts. If I donate some non-standard amount (Say $15), do I just get 13 contribution points, or some amount between 13 and 30?

And the Store shows up fine for me on the home page in the top bar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Emptyeye2112
Riz  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you donated $15, you would get 19 points, $10 = 13 + $5 = 6 = 19.

Riz.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viper4194 wrote:
Is it just me or has "The Store" button been removed? I'd like to donate but I can't find out where to do so.

On the home page after you login, there should be a "Store" link between "Compare Users" and "Song Stats" on the menu at the top.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just donated $20!!! Now I have a star of my very own!!! yay! But... I want a purple one... and i think i'm a bit too cheap at this point in time to give $100... we'll see what happens in the future!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... It's not much but I dropped $10. The least I could do for all the work that goes into this site. When I have it I'll send a little more!
fubar247  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey is there a physical address to mail a money order to? You know...in case some of us have severely messed up credit....not that I do...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynthius wrote:
Well... It's not much but I dropped $10. The least I could do for all the work that goes into this site. When I have it I'll send a little more!

*locks his purple star away*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

If credit is also not an option for you, then let me know and we can work something else out.

Yes, this is the category I fall into, I found it in this thread. Perhaps you PM me with some more info. I have no problems donating, this site is perfect! I plan on using it until my fingers stop working.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is now $20 more in the Scorehero bank!!! It was the lest i could do. This site makes Guitar Hero so much more funner to play (i know that is not word but you know what i mean). This site puches me to play better and went someone beats my score i am right back at it trying do alittle better. Kept up all the great work.

Another thing you could do with the points is let people get stuff at the store store for EX. I got 10 points left and 10 points = $9 so if some one wanted say ScoreHero License Plate Frame and that is $12.99, if you take the 10 points ($9) off that, than it would cost you $3.99

Just a thought let me know what you think!

JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support.

The problem with that, is while donations earn contribution, so do proofs (which don't generate any funds), and it would then defeat the purpose to give money back for contribution. First of all, I'd go broke, seeing as there's now over 13,000 total contribution points earned by the community versus about $3,200 in generated funds. The other problem is that I don't have access to the server-side code (besides some basic HTML layout) on the merchandise store which is ran through cafepress.com, so I wouldn't be able to implement any type of discounts like that anyway.

However, the converse isn't true, and as announced in the merchandise thread, I do award award contribution points for purchases made in the store (at the donation value of 25% of the purchase price).

The funds will be put to use this Summer when I upgrade the server which I'll be announcing some options about in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOO ok i understand. Well atlest it was a try. LoL Kept you with all the great work you are doing!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: