ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero III DLC : Coldplay Track Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
insanefreddy926  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Coldplay and all, but for a game where the only instrument you play is a guitar... I mean they're really not the best choice.
TheFrank  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the charts and everything like 3 times each and STILL bought this because I need all the DLC lol.

All these people saying we need harder stuff.. Its more like we need more solo-ful stuff.. Like Famous For Nothing and Flannigans Balls are quite hard to FC but they are still boring as nuts... Anyways, Is this number 3 out of the 5 packs we were promised or number 4?
sluggo  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 2007 note streak on this pack. FC'd all three on my sightreads.

Still, I thought the charts were OK. I still won't buy the No Doubt pack, tho.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time try picking some more guitar based songs !
Time for some guitar songs which are not monotonous dont you think?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some breaking benjamin?

^-^

Here I Come.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reignofbahamut0
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:

The No Doubt Pack is surprisingly decent. Far from a great pack, but the charts are alright. Much better than the Coldplay ones.
saxuallyAPeasing  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, funny how this month Rock Band has gotten 5 challenging guitar songs (Disturbed 3-pack, two Avenged Sevenfold songs) as well as numerous other songs. Hell, even the Buffett pack is better for guitar than most of the GHIII released this past month because they're actually interesting, and they have the obvious advantage of drums + vocals. I can't help but find it amusing that Harmonix is beating Neversoft at their one strength, guitar.

Disclaimer: This isn't a bash about the musical aspects of any bands Neversoft have released as DLC, I like Motorhead and I love Muse, but (aside from Stockholm Syndrome) they could've done so much better picking fun songs.

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
LordAnarchy  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waste of money, not even fun, easier then first tier. sightread fc all 3 of these with ease, nothing hard at all. also fc the whole last pack on sightread, and i suck at this game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: COLD PLAY IS GAY Reply with quote

Wanna know how i know your gay ChrisVance, Cuz you like Coldplay! Lamest pack ever, if anyone still needs Enlightened guitarist, this is an easy 3 fc's
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Donneurdemort
SdS3030  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kse2181 wrote:
SdS3030 wrote:
Wow you guys really missed the mark here... RB gets Disturbed (great songs as well, love the new album) and GH3: Legends of Rock gets... Coldplay? They're both great bands, but... seriously?

once again, Legends of Rock does NOT refer to the bands in the game. it refers to YOU the player

Neversoft will never win indeed. everyone bitches no matter what they do. On the contrary, I'm applauding them. Keep up the good work!

I'm not bitching, i'm just stunned that a guitar based rhythm game would pick songs that... aren't guitar prominent. These would have been fantastic to play as a full band with vocals and all, while shredding in some of those insane Disturbed solos would have fit awesomely with GH3.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

sluggo wrote:

Actually the No Doubt pack is very well charted, if you downloaded this then there's no reason you shouldn't pick that up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever charted out "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" should be fired immediately. I am not joking at all. Just look at Bridge 1 or Bridge 2 and you'll see what I mean. Both consist primarily of a horrifically out-of-sync streak of red eighth notes. This is just unacceptable--the standards at Neversoft appear to be disgustingly low. I was going to have sightread full combos on all 3 songs, but that stupid part fucked me up. To hit that part, you must have the "skill" to play the notes out of time with the music, which is just wrong.

wilboss  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
Whoever charted out "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" should be fired immediately. I am not joking at all. Just look at Bridge 1 or Bridge 2 and you'll see what I mean. Both consist primarily of a horrifically out-of-sync streak of red eighth notes. This is just unacceptable--the standards at Neversoft appear to be disgustingly low. I was going to have sightread full combos on all 3 songs, but that stupid part fucked me up. To hit that part, you must have the "skill" to play the notes out of time with the music, which is just wrong.

Do you consistently get this problem? What system are you using? [edit - just spotted you have the PS3 tag as well]

I had the exact same problem on PS3 the first time I played "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face", the red streak was completely out of sync, to the point that I failed the song. I then went to practice to try and figure it out and had the same problem again and again, even at different speeds.
Out of utter frustration I quit the song completely, but when I went back to it from the menu the problem had gone and the red streak was back in sync, and has been since, weird.
I thought it might have been because I was messing around with the whammy calibration during the song the first time, but maybe not if others are having the same problem...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... COLDPLAY???
Knut  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted the pack as well as the Isle of Wight crap and now I can save my game again. Awesome.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CompactDstrxion  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red streak in GPASUYF isnt bad on the 360 but in Violet Hill the notes come before the actual music fractionally.

Rubbish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: