ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - Score tracking is live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game. Just finished the career mode and gotta say it was alot more than I expected. No bad songs and all the charts are great. I even liked Train Kept A Rollin when I hated it in Rock Band. Working on the final songs in the vault, but I'm sure to keep playing this game. Really worth the buy I think if you just want to have some fun playing the game and not looking for some epic challenge.

Also it cracked me up that they have the Guitar Hero 2 and 3 controllers available as playable instruments lol I think the GH3 Les Paul will be my permanent guitar lol
jtriz111894  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'm going to get this game, but I definately will rent it and submit scores.

PSN: JTRiz111894
[X]GH3 [X]GH:WT [X]RB1 [X]RB2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: JTRiz111894
voidofenigmas  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still trying to decide if I want to get it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: voidofenigmas
deathbat911  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got it the day it came out. took forever to find. it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xEGDxManBearPig
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how JC is right on this thing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
ZackaryCF  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!!!

I can't wait for this game.

Too bad i don't get money until the 3rd...
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH:A is the most polished Guitar Hero game of all time. In a word, spectacular.

I'm extremely surprised! Every song is extremely fun to play, each just different enough, each all pulling together. I love tier transitions, and all the new art!!! So much better...the only thing its missing is a true finger masher song like Devil, but the spectacular "less forgiving" engine makes me glad it is how it is. GH3 will suffice for things like that

Rock on!!!!!

Edit: HOLY SHIT THE DRUMMER'S MOVEMENTS ARE 10000000x MORE LIFELIKE!!!! Woah...what an improvement....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is "tighter hammer-ons" a good thing? I mean, I know its more like real guitar that way, so its more authentic or whatever, but come on. Playing Madden on a console is much easier than playing real football, and playing Halo on a console is much easier than actually fighting aliens in space, so why is it so terrible for Guitar Hero to make the video game simulation of guitar easier than playing real guitar? every other game does it. missing notes frustrates me, so the only difference the tighter hammer-ons make to me, is more frustration. It doesn't really make sense to say that GH3 hammer-ons are "too easy" either, because everybody has the same advantages and disadvantages as everybody else. I don't know... I'm not a fan of the tighter hammer-ons, and with the insane rate they're pumping out GH games (not that I'm complaing. I definitely love playing new songs) I'm really not a fan of having to relearn how I use hammer-ons eeeevery siiiiiingle time a new one comes out. I really wish they'd pick an engine and stick with it. And I'm not bashing anybody's opinion. I definitely understand why people prefer tight hammer-ons, I'm just saying that if it were up to me, I'd chose the lengine thats less frustrating.

That being said, I LOVE this game. slightly altered hammer-ons wont ruin the fun for me. Its still fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought it today, im half way done with 2 hours playing, it nice, but im on tier 4 and i dont know any of those songs, am i just too young ? or do i dont know well my old school rock music ? maybe both, maybe old school rock just not my thing hehe.
at least im enjoying it ! thats the main point.
thumbs up, cant wait for GH: Metallica !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
bananaman300  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEFFER13 wrote:
Love how JC is right on this thing.

well actually... those poor europeans finally got a game before we did but couldn't put up scores first
Syphon  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exJORDANary wrote:
Why is "tighter hammer-ons" a good thing? I mean, I know its more like real guitar that way, so its more authentic or whatever, but come on. Playing Madden on a console is much easier than playing real football, and playing Halo on a console is much easier than actually fighting aliens in space, so why is it so terrible for Guitar Hero to make the video game simulation of guitar easier than playing real guitar? every other game does it. missing notes frustrates me, so the only difference the tighter hammer-ons make to me, is more frustration. It doesn't really make sense to say that GH3 hammer-ons are "too easy" either, because everybody has the same advantages and disadvantages as everybody else. I don't know... I'm not a fan of the tighter hammer-ons, and with the insane rate they're pumping out GH games (not that I'm complaing. I definitely love playing new songs) I'm really not a fan of having to relearn how I use hammer-ons eeeevery siiiiiingle time a new one comes out. I really wish they'd pick an engine and stick with it. And I'm not bashing anybody's opinion. I definitely understand why people prefer tight hammer-ons, I'm just saying that if it were up to me, I'd chose the lengine thats less frustrating.

That being said, I LOVE this game. slightly altered hammer-ons wont ruin the fun for me. Its still fantastic.

It's a rythm game. About rythm. Not your skills as a guitarist. (Real life hammer ons are always going to be easier anyways. *touches string* bam.)
Beedlebub  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exJORDANary wrote:
Bitching about HO/POs

I noticed in your sig you mention you don't play GH2 or 80s anymore, Maybe if you did, you wouldn't have a problem with Aerosmiths HO/POs. The reason people didn't like GH3s HO/POs was because they were sloppy, they didn't rely on rhythm, but on seeing the colours and mashing the buttons.

Example: In GH2, a sequence of notes like this: would require you to hit it in that precise pattern, hitting them in that order. If you hit a wrong fret you would screw up your combo. In GH3, you can just mash RYB and will most likely hit it.

EDIT:Want to make GH:As HO/POs easier? Go play GH1 for a month. They'll seem like heaven.

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
eMan2718281828  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much harder are they? Did they reduce the window, force you to actually hit the pattern, or both?
Beedlebub  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eMan2718281828 wrote:
How much harder are they? Did they reduce the window, force you to actually hit the pattern, or both?
I don't have the game yet, so I don't know too much about it, but apparantly the infinite front end timing window is gone, meaning you can't just hold down the button waiting for the HO/PO to hit it. This means you must be more exact.

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
TehClevelander  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Fear for the game to.but i honestly think that they did a good job on One....sooo i really dont think we have to worry..BTW Aerosmith sucks..=P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: