Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Creating Custom Songs For GH3 On the Xbox 360! {Tutorial}
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MahoppianGoon  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Creating Custom Songs For GH3 On the Xbox 360! {Tutorial} Reply with quote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** Creating Custom Songs For Guitar Hero III On the Xbox 360! {Tutorial} ***
*** by MahoppianGoon ***
*** Created: Jan 15, 2010 _ Last Updated: Jun 17, 2010 ***
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Demi Lovato - La La Land [ video ] [ .chart ] [ GH3 EXPERT array ]
Miley Cyrus - The Driveway [ video ] [ .chart ] [ GH3 EXPERT array ]
The Academy Is... - About a Girl [ video ] [ .chart ] [ GH3 EXPERT array ]

{ Introduction }
Now that they fully hacked the Xbox 360, I decided to try to make a custom song for 'Guitar Hero 3' on the Xbox 360,
because now you DON'T need a stupid 'Dual-Layer' disc.
I looked for ways to do it, but couldn't find anything. There are no Xbox 360 Tutorials in the 'Guitar Hero III' section,
So I just figured it out myself, which surprisingly was really easy! Now that I did it. I can't believe I couldn't find information on how to do it.
Seriously! I was laughing for hours. And whats more surprising, is that it only took me '2 DAYS'!!
Since there are NO programs to do it (at least I couldn't find any). Like I said, there may be programs/ways to do it, but couldn't find any.
Hopefully there will be an easier way. I have absolutly no knowledge on creating programs, so I couldn't do it.

So...after 2 days here it is! My FIRST SUCCESSFUL custom song for 'Guitar Hero 3' on the Xbox 360!
And what surprised me the most, is that it only took me ONE TRY to get it to work! I should of tried this a long long time ago! LMAO!
But there was no information (couldn't find any) and you HAD to use a 'DL' disc everytime, which are expensive and didn't have the money. lol

Also, You DON'T need a jtag hacked Xbox to do it either. (Never really tested this, but can't see why it wouldn't work!)

{ Information }
*NOTE* When replacing the files in the ISO, use 'wx360'! The image browser in 'Xbox Backup Creator' screws up the iso.

And as always, check the ISO with ABGX360 before burning! The only error should be the game crc,
If theres any other errors, or if ABGX360 crashes, re-do it and don't burn it.
I tested this with 'wx360' and it worked! The filesizes don't have to be the same, just smaller.
But, I haven't tested it on a NON-JTAG system, because I don't have any DL discs,
but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work, as long as you made the files correctly! (or I could be wrong)

I never made any sort of tutorial before, but I tried my best. So here is how I did it, if anyone wants to know. (Probably not, lol)

Another thing is, when you start 'Guitar Hero III', you have to goto 'Tutorial->Practice' choose your song, Guitar, then Expert.
When the song starts playing, then you can go back to Carreer or Quickplay and play the song.
If you start playing the song immediately after the game loads, you'll get a 'Dirty Disc Error'.
I'm 100% sure its the 'QueenBee' error when injecting the 'array.txt' file.
If you just replace the music, the 'Dirty Disc Error' doesn't come up.

***THERE IS A WAY AROUND THIS ERROR***
1} Create an ISO from the game.
2} Inject the custom files in the ISO with 'wx360'.
3} Then if you have a JTAG system, you can just extract the files using 'wx360',
and either burn it on a DVD+RW, DVD+R, or a USB-HDD or your 360 HDD.
4} Otherwise, if you have a normal Xbox, burn the ISO as you normally would.
5} NOW THE ERROR WON'T COME UP! NO NEED TO GOTO THE TUTORIAL SECTION EVERYTIME!!
I tested this on a DVD+RW disc and works!
BUT, the only problem is, QueenBee won't open the custom files anymore, lol
So you wouldn't be able to edit the custom files, again.
OR if you REALLY had to edit the custom files again,
Just open them up in a hex-editor, and delete all the zeros at the end,
And it will now open up in QueenBee. But then the error would come up again in the game, lol,
So you would have to add enough zeros at the end to match the EXACT filesize of the original file.
It would be easier just to not edit the files again. lol!!!

{ Software Needed }
GH3 360 FSB.XEN File Creator v3.420
FSB Decryptor/Encryptor
FSB Files Extractor v0.27
FSB Files Extractor v0.23
Feedback Chart Editor (optional if you already have a chart file!)
Queen Bee
QBInject
wx360
Hex Workshop (or another hex-editor)

{ GH3 360 Custom FSB.XEN File Creator } (Seriously Updated!)

BRAND NEW UPDATES:
You DO NOT need the 'XMAEncode' program anymore! I finally got FMOD to work!
The audio DOES NOT cut anymore! (If your custom song is longer than the original)
The highway WILL STOP when your custom song ends! (If your custom song is shorter than the original)
Created 2 NEW tools! 'Custom Chart Creator' and 'XMA2WAV'!
Only use 'XMA2WAV' to get your custom songs back if you accidently deleted the WAVs!
(I'm not responsible for anything else you use it for!)
And probably something else I'm forgetting!!! xD

NOTE: There maybe a few bugs. I've tested this on Windows XP and Windows 7 and worked fine! ALL of the necessary programs are included!

***If your confused, (or just bored) here are some videos for your viewing pleasure***

NOTE: You can create the 'SONGNAME_custom_guitar.wav', 'SONGNAME_custom_song.wav', and preview file,
then for the rhythm file, you can just make a blank wav the same length as the guitar file.
Then you won't have to worry about the file size being larger.

*For best results, you should just create a folder on 'C:\' named 'GH3CUSTOMS, or something like that. NO SPACES! And put everything in there!*

1} Click 'Open Original FSB.XEN File', select the 'original' FSB.XEN file your going to be replacing, and click 'OK'.

2} Then click 'Decrypt/Extract FSB.XEN File' to decrypt and extract the 'original' FSB.XEN file.
(It will rename the original FSB.XEN file to 'SONGNAME.fsb.original.xen'!)

3} Then open your custom WAV files (Guitar, Preview, Rhythm, and Song).
(Save them as 'SONGNAME_guitar.wav', 'SONGNAME_preview.wav', 'SONGNAME_rhythm.wav', 'SONGNAME_song.wav')
(And save them as 44100 Sample rate, Stereo (2) channels, and 16-bit resolution!)

4} Then click 'Get Song Length' to get the 'Original' and your 'Custom' song lengths (in seconds).
It will use your 'Guitar' WAV file to determine the length. It should automatically detect it, but if it doesn't,
then you can manually enter it. Remember, the number is in TOTAL SECONDS! lol
If you do change the 'New Song Length' box, click the 'Get Song Length' button again.
*NOTE* Even if it fails to get the 'Original' song length, it should still SET your custom songs length!

5} Then click 'Encode WAV Files to XMA' to encode your WAV files to XMA.
(If the FSB.XEN file your going to make on the next step is bigger than the original, you'll have to change the 'XMA Quality' a little bit lower until its smaller than the 'original' FSB.XEN file!)
(It will auto-delete the 'WAV' files when converting to 'XMA'. If you want to save them, UNcheck 'Delete Custom WAV Files'!)

7} Click 'Save/Encrypt FSB.XEN File' to create and encrypt your custom FSB.XEN file.
(It will auto-delete the custom 'XMA' files, so when your all done, there will only be 2 files left, the original FSB.XEN file and your custom one!)

8} Done! You can now goto the 'Creating Custom CHART File' section!

{ Creating Custom CHART File }
NOTE: You can either 'try' to use my 'Custom Chart Creator' program, or do it manually BELOW!
MAKE SURE YOU START THIS PROGRAM IN THE ROOT OF YOUR HDD, OR MAKE SURE THE PATH DOESN'T INCLUDE ANY SPACES, OR IT WON'T WORK!
What this basically does is imitate the keyboard keys. Thats all. Nothing fancy!

1} Either click the 'Create Custom Chart' button, or you can goto 'Tools->Create Custom Chart'.

2} Open your custom GH3 chart by clicking the 'Open CHART File' button! (SONGNAME.chart)

3} Open the original GH3 chart by clicking the 'Open GH3 360 CHART File' button! (SONGNAME_song.pak.xen)

NOTE: If you know how to extract/inject your custom 'Fretbars', you can UNcheck the box.
(Because it may take a few minutes. lol And it may go past it, if it does, you'll have to click on it, then goto 'Extract'!)
When you click the 'Convert' button, don't move your mouse or touch your keyboard until the popup window appears! :P

4} Click the 'Convert!' button. (to inject it in the GH3 PS2 chart file)

5} Wait for the black window to disappear, and 'Queen Bee' will automatically start.

6} Now you can sit back and relax as my program takes over and does the rest!

7} Wait for the popup message, and then inject the array files in your custom chart file!

8} When its done, it should of loaded your original GH3 360 chart file. Double-click on the 'mid.qb' file.
There will be 4 LONG Horizontal ROWS of numbers. The first one is EASY, the 2nd is MEDIUM, the 3rd is HARD and the 4th is EXPERT.
Click on each one, then goto 'Inject', select the correct difficulty, press OK and wait for it to refresh. Then repeat for the other difficulties.

*THIS IS IMPORTANT:*
After injecting the 'Lead' guitar charts, you have to scroll down and find the next set of 4 LONG Horizontal ROWS, the 'Rhythm' charts!
And then do the same as above, the first line is EASY, and so on. Then scroll down and find where it says '0,4,4', the next LONG line is the fretbars.
Click on that, then goto 'Inject' and select the fretbars file. Click 'Save to Disk'.
This will prevent the highway from not stopping when your custom song ends! (If your custom song is shorter than the original)
(If the song has 'co-op', you might have to change them as well.)

9} Then make sure your custom song chart isn't larger than the original. If its larger, you'd have to open it in 'QueenBee',
and delete some of the animation notes, until its smaller.

10} Then you can either inject it in the ISO using wx360, or use a 'Hex Editor' like in the videos :P

{ Creating Custom FSB.XEN File (Manually) }
NOTE: You can skip this part if you used my program to create the FSB.XEN file!

*NOTE:* You should probably first create the 'array' chart file (see below at Step 12), then you'll know the length of your custom song.
Then open up each original 'SONGNAME_song.pak.xen' files in QueenBee, Double-click on 'mid.qb' file, click below 'SONGNAME_songExpert'
Scroll the right box (Edit Items-Number) all the way down to see the last note thats in that song.
Keep doing to all the songs, until you find one thats the closest to your custom songs last note, without going over.

1} Copy the SONGNAME.fsb.xen from the game, that your going to replace.
{You can use 'Image Browser' in 'Xbox Backup Creator'. There in game:\DATA\MUSIC}

2} Decrypt the SONGNAME.fsb.xen with 'SongFSBDecrypt'.
{SongFSBDecrypt SONGNAME.fsb.xen SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb.xen}

3} Extract the audio tracks with 'FSB files extractor v0.27'.
{fsbext -s template.dat SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb.xen}

4} Find out the length of the song by either, converting it to wav,
(toWAV - insert the XMAHEAD at the beginning of the xma files first)
or playing it in the game (Pratice mode) and timing it, or getting the original song.
Or you could open the 'SONGNAME_song.pak.xen' in QueenBee. (look above)
Make sure the 'custom' song is near the same, and doesn't go over the length of the original song.
Remember to add a 1-2 second silence at the beginning,
(The silence at the beginning of the original song DOESN'T have to be the same on your custom one.
Just make sure the song matches the notes in Feedback.)

5} Convert the 'custom' song to WAV. (16bit 44100hz Stereo)
Just name the file the same as the original .xma, just with a .wav at the end.

6} Converting the WAV to XMA format so the Xbox 360 can play it. :P
{XMAENCODE SONGNAME_song.wav /Q 60 /T SONGNAME_custom_song.xma}
You'll probably have to fool around with '/Q 60' to get your custom songs size as,
close as you can get it as the original without going over.
(You won't need to change the '/Q 60', UNLESS the FINAL custom_SONGNAME.fsb.xen is larger than the original, when your at step 10,
AND if your going to be inserting it in the ISO of the game.
If you are playing the game from the 360 HDD or USB drive(JTAG Xbox), you won't even have to worry about it at all. 60 is the default.)

7} DELETED ***YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD THE FREAKING ZEROS!!!***

8} Goto the 'SONGNAME_custom_song.xma' in the Hex editor. Look for this (Hex): 08 00 00 00
It should be right at the beginning, if not, then you didn't do something right. (Sorry, I can't help you any further.)
That will 'ALWAYS' be at the very beginning. Delete EVERYTHING that is before that,
So that 08 00 00 00 is what first appears, at the very beginning of the file.

Now go to the very end. (You can just press 'END' on your handy-dandy keyboard!)
Go up until you see the word 'seek'. Click in front of the 's' and drag to the end of the file.
Now hit the 'Delete' button! Save it!

9} Now just do that with the other files, (SONGNAME_custom_rhythm.xma, SONGNAME_custom_guitar.xma, and SONGNAME_custom_preview.xma)

*ALTERNATIVE METHOD* For Injecting the .xma files in the FSB.XEN File (instead of hex-editing) thanks to Daveiac
When you are all done editing all of the files, you can delete the original
'SONGNAME_song.xma', 'SONGNAME_rhythm.xma', 'SONGNAME_guitar.xma', 'SONGNAME_preview.xma', and 'SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb.xen' files.
Rename 'SONGNAME_custom_song.xma' to 'SONGNAME_song.xma'. and all the other files, so their filenames are the same as the original files.
Make sure all the files are in the same directoy, and the 'template.dat' file too.

Create the new CUSTOM 'FSB.XEN' file with 'FSB files extractor v0.23'.
{fsbext -s template.dat -r SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb.xen}

10} Then you can encrypt the 'FSB.XEN' file back up just like new.
{SongFSBEncrypt SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb.xen SONGNAME.fsb.xen}

Now just add that file in your 'game:\DATA\MUSIC' directory overwriting the existing one.

11} Changing the song names in the game.
Copy these files to your HDD 'qb.pak.xen, dbg.pak.xen, and qb.pab.xen'. (there in game:\DATA\COMPRESSED\PAK)
Open 'QueenBee', choose 'Xbox (xen)' as Format. Open 'qb.pak.xen' in the PAK box. Hit the Load button!
Double-click on 'menu_setlist.qb'. Find the song your replacing.
Select the title, and at the right, in the 'Text' box put the custom song title. Click 'Update'.
Select the artist, and at the right, in the 'Text' box put the custom song artist. Click 'Update'.
Select the year, and at the right, in the 'Text' box put the custom song year. Click 'Update'.
And so forth...Hit 'Save to Disk' when all done with the modifications.
And just copy those three files back to (game:\DATA\COMPRESSED\PAK) overwriting the existing ones.

{ Creating Custom CHART File (Manually) }
NOTE: You can skip this part if you used my program to create the Custom Chart file!
12} *ALTERNATIVE METHOD* For Creating the 'array.txt' file! (Using a PS2 GH3 chart file with QBInject, instead of manually creating it)
I know NOTHING about these 'QB' files, so I wouldn't be able to create a program to automatically do this for you!

First create the '.chart' file in Feedback or download an already made one.

Open 'QbInject'. Type in 'fcpremix.pak.ps2'. Hit enter. Then just 'fcpremix'. Hit enter. Type in the name of the custom chart file you made. Hit enter.

Open 'QueenBee'.
Set the 'Format' to 'PS2 (ps2)'.
Open the 'fcpremix.pak.ps2' in 'PAK file'.
Click Load.

Double-click on the 'mid.qb.ps2' file.
Click on the line below 'SONGTITLE_song_Expert' at the top. (the 11th line)
(There should be a whole row of numbers in the box at the right)
Click 'Export' at the bottom right corner.
Name it 'YOURCUSTOMSONGSARTIST - TITLE.EXPERT.array.txt' and click 'Save'.

(If you want the other difficulties: Easy is at line 5, Medium is at line 7, and Hard is at line 9.)

Open 'QueenBee' again.
Set the 'Format' to Xbox (xen)'.
Open the 'SONGNAME.song.pak.xen'. (in game:\DATA\COMPRESSED\SONGS)
(You can also open the 'dbg.pak.xen' to see the values in text instead of hex) (in game:\DATA\COMPRESSED\PAK\)
Click Load.

Double-click on the 'SONGNAME.mid.qb' file.
Click on the line below 'SONGTITLE_song_Expert' at the top. (the 10th line)
(There should be a whole row of numbers in the box at the right)
Click 'Import' at the bottom right corner.
Open the file you saved above.
(If you didn't name it as 'array.txt', you'll have to select 'All Files' at the bottom)
Click 'Open'.

Then click 'Update'. (It'll probably auto-update, but just to be sure it updates.)
Then click 'Save to Disk'. (An error will probably come up, I don't know about that. Just ignore it.)
Then just copy that file (SONGTITLE_pak.xen) to (game:\DATA\COMPRESSED\SONGS\) overwriting it.
Done!

(If you don't inject the file in the ISO, you'll need to hex-edit the custom 'SONGNAME.song.pak.xen' file and add
zeros (in hex) to match the exact filesize of the original 'song.pak.xen' file.
Otherwise, wx360 will do this for you when injecting the custom 'SONGNAME.song.pak.xen' file in the ISO.)

13} Credits for the method: ME!! 'MahoppianGoon'
Credits for the AWESOME apps involved:
Thanks to MahoppianGoon for 'GH3 360 FSB.XEN File Creator'
Thanks to Nanook for 'Queen Bee'
Thanks to Luigi Auriemma for 'FSB Files Extractor'
Thanks to Invo for 'FSB Decryptor/Encryptor'
Thanks for the awesome chart creator, FeedBack!
Thanks to Gael360 for 'wx360'.
Thanks to AcTiVision, NeverSoft for 'Guitar Hero'.

14} Copyright 2010. All rights reserved. MahoppianGoon™

Last edited by MahoppianGoon on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 25 times in total
iwasaperson  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice first post.

CAPS NEEDZ FIX!!!!!11!1!!1ONE!!!
But really, don't type in CAP LETTERZ!!!

I have a life and this proves it:
Check out my customs!

Check out this band... NOW!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: iwasaperson
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to come in here and say,

NO! SEARCH FIRST DAMN IT!

But that is entirely impressive and I'm left with a feeling that things are going to start up for 360 customs again very, very soon for both GH and RB.

Thank you, good sir!

MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know that xma files made by xmaencode work as replacements. Maybe I will finish my GHTCP 360 tool now.
Daveiac  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah finally! I will try this out sometime when I have time:p

oh, and just a note.. You don't need to hassle with all the hexing.
If you modify the custom xma file like you said(remove the header and footer?(from seek to end))
you can create the SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb (I called it 'CustomSONGNAME_decrypted.fsb' to not confuse you) file with fsbext. I did both methods and they are 100% the same.

So the steps should be:
Step 3 } Extract the audio tracks with 'FSB files extractor'.
{fsbext -s files.dat SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb} The files.dat file is a "template" of what the file(SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb) looks like, it can be called whatever you want(e.g SONGNAME.dat)

follow steps 4-7 as usual..

7} Open the 'SONGNAME_custom_song.xma' in your favorite Hex Editor program.

Now make sure that the encoded custom 'xma' song you made above, is the IDENTICAL size. (Or the closest you can get it without going over.)
You can fool around with the XMAENCODE ^above^ and change 75 to whatever, to get the size right.
If your custom xma file is too big, then lower the /Q 75, if its too small, increase it.
When you get it to as closest as you can without going over, goto STEP 8! FINALLY!!!

8} Goto the 'SONGNAME_custom_song.xma' in the Hex editor. Look for this (Hex): 08 00 00 00
It should be right at the beginning, if not, then you didn't do something right. (Sorry, I can't help you any further.)
That will 'ALWAYS' be at the very beginning. Delete EVERYTHING that is before that,
So that 08 00 00 00 is what first appears, at the very beginning of the file.

Now go to the very end. (You can just press 'END' on your handy-dandy keyboard!)
Go up until you see the word 'seek'. Click in front of the 's' and drag to the end of the file.
Now hit the 'Delete' button! Now select the whole thing, (Ctrl+A) and see what the size is.

Open 'ORIGINAL SONGNAME_song.xma' file.
It will say the size at the bottom. Make it so that it says the same as in the 'SONGNAME_custom_song.xma' file.
If the 'SONGNAME_custom_song.xma' file is too big, then you'll have to start over up to the 'XMAENCODE' part and put the /Q up digit lower.
Keep doing that until your 'SONGNAME_custom_song.xma' is just slightly lower then the original xma file.
You might get lucky and it will be the EXACT same size. (I did! with the preview file)
Then when you get it so that its just below the one in 'SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb.xen',
Goto the VERY end of your 'SONGNAME_custom_song.xma', and just keep adding 0 (zeros) (IN HEX),
Until it is the VERY EXACT same size as 'ORIGINAL SONGNAME_song.xma'.

9}
Now just do that with the other files, (SONGNAME_rhythm.xma, and SONGNAME_guitar.xma) Screw the preview file!
You might be able to just zero out the files you don't want, I don't know. The Xbox 360 might explode! lol

Rename 'SONGNAME_custom_song.xma' to 'SONGNAME_song.xma'
and do the same with rhythm and guitar.

make sure you have all the files in the same location:
SONGNAME_song.xma (the custom one you made)
SONGNAME_rhythm.xma (the custom one you made)
SONGNAME_guitar.xma (the custom one you made)
SONGNAME_preview.xma (the one you screwed lol)
files.dat

Create the new SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb file with fsbext(fsbext 0.23, see note at bottom)
fsbext -s files.dat -r CustomSONGNAME_decrypted.fsb

SongFSBEncrypt CustomSONGNAME_decrypted.fsb SONGNAME.fsb.xen

I hope you understand this. And maybe include it as an alternative to the hassle method.

BIG NOTE!: To extract the xma files from the SONGNAME_decrypted.fsb file you must use fsbext ver. 0.27
To create the CustomSONGNAME_decrypted.fsb file you must use fsbext ver. 0.23 or else it won't work.

link to fsbext ver 0.23 http://www.mediafire.com/?niymln3jrwn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neato, I nominate this for sticky
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WILL YOU MARRY ME ?!?!? BECAUSE I LOVE YOU !!!

Me, and countless others ahead of you have tried this, and WHAM , some gets it, outta da god damn blue !!!

Please, someone tell me those magic mushrooms arent making me trippin' !!!

Uber serious, if there was an award system on SH, you my friend would deserve every last one of them !!!

Again, EXCELENT !!!!

ComicBookGuru wrote:
I was about to come in here and say,

NO! SEARCH FIRST DAMN IT!

But that is entirely impressive and I'm left with a feeling that things are going to start up for 360 customs again very, very soon for both GH and RB.

Thank you, good sir!

I was about to do the same, but then i saw the exclamation mark in the thread header and though : Wait..... WHAT !!!!!

TaxidermyTots wrote:
Neato, I nominate this for sticky

THIS ^^ A million times over !!!

MaXKilleR wrote:
Maybe I will finish my GHTCP 360 tool now.

''Giggles like a school girl''

Also, just food for thought, but the wii and ps2 has had gh3 customs for ages, shouldnt there be some sort of automatic chart2qb converter ?? I thought there was anyway .

Also, OP, in your vid, i noticed 2 other customs !!! In tier 2 you have ''Buddy Holly'' and ''No it is'nt'' !!!
Daveiac  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the chart files are exactly the same as the PC version, but feel free to correct me.
Also, GuardianDemon you were close, but no cigar.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daveiac wrote:
I think the chart files are exactly the same as the PC version, but feel free to correct me.
Also, GuardianDemon you were close, but no cigar.

YEAH, I KNOW !!! Heck, i still wanna find out what the hell was so damn special about my first attempt !! No crash, but no audio !! It's weird !! I think it might have been the file lenght...HHHMMM(Conspiracies !!!lol !!!)
(Actually, i'm gonna try that thing where he uses P mode to safe boot songs.who knows, maybe i was right or not!!
Result : NOPE !!! Old YUMI didnt work !! kinda expected that anyway !!!)

I cannot congratulate the OP enough, seriously, well done mate !!!

That techicly means that maxkillers GHTCP PC program makes the charts. Thats 1 piece easily beaten then. The whole screwing with hex thing gave me a headache.. We need a tool now that converts audio to a close size automatically.
Like GH360 style. shouldnt matter what lenght your song is, so long as file size is respected.(Hell GH2 filled with DF and DT songs over here !!

Edit : I just thought of something....
If the xma/fsb stuff i the same, the op has just enabled customs for 3/WT/M/GHSH/VH & 5.
Talk about a kill streak
Daveiac  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:
YEAH, I KNOW !!! Heck, i still wanna find out what the hell was so damn special about my first attempt !! No crash, but no audio !! It's weird !! I think it might have been the file lenght...HHHMMM(Conspiracies !!!lol !!!)

Maybe try it again and remove seek+everything after and the header without making it the same size, just smaller. It might work idunnolol.
Kind of a hassle making it byte exact match. Oh, well let's just wait for MaXKilleR to release an awesome piece of software to do everything for us lol. I'd be happy to betatest.

GuardianDemon wrote:
Edit : I just thought of something....
If the xma/fsb stuff i the same, the op has just enabled customs for 3/WT/M/GHSH/VH & 5.
Talk about a kill streak

Yeah, kinda.. I don't know if the charts are the same, and we can't(as far as i know) change the song names because after GHA they are not located in the qb.pak/pab files.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely those with JTAG'd consoles can just use the DLC as placeholders to remove the length restriction?
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADAMAZiD wrote:
Surely those with JTAG'd consoles can just use the DLC as placeholders to remove the length restriction?

That is a definite yes i would think, aster all, DLC can be any size.

And even with a disc, i think it might be possible to get around song time lenght.

Im gonna test my theory out that if the fsb.xen is the samesize , it shouldnt matter if the songs are longer than the originals.

But first i need to convert my chart for GH3 !!

Edit2 : Damn, thought i had something on converting 2 a qb midi file.

Edit 3 : Dont think disc mods are going to work. Mine just throws up an ''Dirty Disc Error'' message

I think i'll wait until a tool appears, other wise, it's just wasting my last DL-disc.-----Ignore that, see Edit 4.

Edit 4 : Ignore Edit 3, It's the laser in my dvd burner. 2 more games failed with the exact same results. Sonic06 and Bayanetta
howlong  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clap clap clap. My hat is off to you
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: lilhaywood999
halikus  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOO, here we go. Proud owner of a Jtagged 360, and was wondering about making DLC customs. On another site, someone managed to get the rockband songs that don't import witht the liscence into a DLC file that worked under rockband, but ive been too bust to check it out.
acidfrehley  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, MahoppianGoon, you did it.

Now, would you have a tip to get the other GH songs to work as dlc on GH5? I had some simple substition tries but they didn't worked as I thought it would.

It may be an easy thing, since when you open the dlc packages and extract them you get the same 4 .xen files and a couple extras that I don't know the use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: