Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Arvain: Hi again. Not much happening, but soon hopefully ^^
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 157, 158, 159  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 ans, que le temps passe vite ! who would have taught some of us might be still there after 10 years ? crazy uh.

you might not binge-fc as much as you did but IRL stuff is much more important. you'll always have time later down the road to do more and sometimes better.

keep on rocking mon ami, stay cool and have fun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap 10 years? nice. You've been on this earth almost twice as long as me (I'm 16)

IRL stuff is definitely much more important, who knows you could pick up a real guitar and reply to those sons of bitches who always comment "play a real guitar instead of a plastic toy"

Keep on rockin'!
bushidox  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey arvain, I just found this video on Youtube. It's called a LipDub, of a live recording of American Pie by Don McLean where something like 40,000 people turned out to help make it. I thought you would appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=455&v=ZPjjZCO67WI

Record has since been broken in London England by Hey Jude, but hey its still a cool video. Enjoy.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back

Trying to edit the OP, but it won't let me preview or submit it... so here's the update :

Update 01/04/20 :

Well, hello there. It's uhhh... it's been a while, hasn't it.

In between the instances of suicidal and murderous thoughts, more time is passing, soooo I suppose I'm doing better. Impossibly stupid coworkers finding jobs elsewhere, one after the other, MIGHT be helping with my nerves, and consequently, my general mood. So that's cool.

Not really out of the woods yet; I'm waiting until the circumstances are done improving. Some people (including some in hierarchy) f*cked me up, so I'm getting rid of them (figuratively speaking) and, sure enough, I feel gradually better.

Speaking of circumstances, I may or may not have bought a house in January. It's a 10min walk from where I'd been living since 2 months after GH5 came out (yep, over 10 years).
Basic suburban house from 2004, but really a huge upgrade for me. I got a real kitchen (I don't cook, but whatever), a big living room with a chimney, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom downstairs +a garage, and 1 bathroom + 4 bedrooms upstairs. A medium-sized yard, and enough space outside to not need to park my car in the street (reaaaaally quiet anyway; it's like a cul-de-sac, only not shaped like american ones).

Yeah it's a family house. For now I'm alone in it. I couldn't enjoy the space more ! I can now sing whenever I feel like it (provided windows are closed, otherwise the who neighbourhood turns into The Voice), and I don't freeze as soon as it gets chilly outside... big improvement !

Also, since I've been confined these past 2-3weeks, when I'm not watching the grass grow (I hadn't bought a lawnmower yet, soooo Welcome to the Jungle), I've set up my old TV and the xbox. They're working fine, and I've finished Lego RB Easy drums, which adds up to 179 fgfc now.

Trying to redux some scores here and there, too. Slowly going back to what I used to enjoy doing so much before. Here's hoping that's not just a short phase !
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2020 ScoreHero takeover!

Seriously I'm loving all these familiar faces coming back out of the woodwork, myself included. Hope to see a lot more from you in the coming year!

Congrats on the house especially! I can't wait until I can achieve that myself... but SoCal is way too expensive lol. The best part is you can play drums as loud as you want haha!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
bushidox  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back arvain! As for the first post, if you had thing like picture links with . between things, that's what I had to get rid of when they upgraded the site. As for lawn mowers, I recommend a Ryobi 40v. I just got one and its super amazing. Whisper quiet, rechargable battery and the whole thing weighs like 40 lbs. Electric means no gas, no oil, no spark plugs, just charge the battery, insert it and start it up.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap ! I see arvain post a score on the front page ? what year is this !

good to see your're doing better mon ami. congratz on your purchase, an improvment is always a good sign.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
2020 ScoreHero takeover!

Seriously I'm loving all these familiar faces coming back out of the woodwork, myself included. Hope to see a lot more from you in the coming year!

Congrats on the house especially! I can't wait until I can achieve that myself... but SoCal is way too expensive lol. The best part is you can play drums as loud as you want haha!

Yes I can imagine it being a tad bit more expensive than countryside-southwest France Hopefully I'll keep being able to pay for it, what with 2020 being a tough year so far ^^ I doubt any decent Expert level thing will happen though.

bushidox wrote:
Welcome back arvain! As for the first post, if you had thing like picture links with . between things, that's what I had to get rid of when they upgraded the site. As for lawn mowers, I recommend a Ryobi 40v. I just got one and its super amazing. Whisper quiet, rechargable battery and the whole thing weighs like 40 lbs. Electric means no gas, no oil, no spark plugs, just charge the battery, insert it and start it up.

Alright, that took me long enough, but I was able to isolate what was causing issues in my OP by removing stuff slowly between each Preview, etc etc... done And yep, I'm not worried about lawnmowers : the yard isn't that big, so I won't get overwhelmed by grass, even if it's actual grass and not a neat lawn. Grassbusters... I ain't afraid of no grass ! Also, I'll have to take a look at your FGFC boards to see where to go...

Cabanon wrote:
holy crap ! I see arvain post a score on the front page ? what year is this !

good to see your're doing better mon ami. congratz on your purchase, an improvment is always a good sign.

Thanks. I completely skipped 2018 and 2019, so I hope this year will somewhat make up for it. Honestly I could've stalled forever with the house, but I didn't want to live in that old apartment forever and die in it, with lots of money in the bank. Sooooo I ran forward and did it. Didn't take long at all, either, which is good. Now all the money is gone, and I'm living in its new form Here's hoping it'll help my situation.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back. (granted, I'd have just stayed in the apartment unless it was simply unliveable, but that's just me).

I'd say I could challenge you for FGFCs again, but I've been dividing my time between right and lefty plays (that, and currently my yellow pad is giving me shit and I don't have the money to buy replacements yet). With luck you'll be back in shape soon.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back arvain!
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There he is Good to see youre doing well!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second Alex on loving the surprising number of people returning after long breaks. It's great to see people again and see how they're doing.

I suppose nonGH, adulting accomplishments are nice. And of course, anything related to increasing the everyday, overall happiness level and healthy mindset is always great news.

But yeah, hope the games bring you as much joy and fun as they used to, and I look forward to future updates

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you're still alive and kicking.

Ass. Kicking ass.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey people

Guess who's back. Back again.

And whose LP has finally stopped working I mean, last time I tried, the whammy bar had finally given up on me and the overstrumming was harder and harder to fix. After more than 10 years of service, I guess I can't blame it (bought used on ebay back in 2008). Besides, me trying to fix it kinda killed it I think x) I had hardwired the frets from the neck to the body after my Short and Sweet choke on LRB (convenient soldering iron at work), but the mechanism of the whammy ended up trickier and touchier than I'd expected.

Aaaaaaanyway, I won't go into details about how low I ended up earlier this year (nothing covid-related), but today I mentioned to my man how I can't even go back to playing GH/RB because even if I moved my gaming gear to his house, my LP had finally died. And being the best person ever that he is, he's set his mind on buying me a new one.

Of course, we've found some in the vicinity (not on ebay or amazon, prohibiting prices), but I know how it is with filthy casuals selling you something that "works" but it ends up overstrumming and stuff

Soooooooo, if any of you guys has an unused x360 LP (from gh3/ghA) lying around that still works (well enough to FC and squeeze) and that you'd be willing to sell me, I'd be more than happy to send you a dime or two
No rush or obligation, since like I mentioned, we've found a couple of options kindy closeby, but hey, who knows.

ALSO, I kinda bought myself ghOT and OTD 2 years ago. Of course they were the EU version, but cheap as heck so I wasn't bothered. But guess who's unable to achieve new FGFCs on those games since half of the setlist is different ? Yeah, I am.

Anyway, hopefully back soon with some scores/FCs to post ! I'll have to catch up with the latest stuff around here, too.

PS : yes, I've been un-single for the past 18 months. Who knew, right. He's also a musician, go figure piano/organ and not guitar, but I can learn the piano again *_*
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratz on being un-single, hopefully the guitar you found works and you can post some scores again.

more importantly, have fun !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 157, 158, 159  Next
Page 158 of 159

Jump to: