ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Line 6 Pod® Technology in GH WT Music Creator!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope GH:WT is better than rock band, this is one step to make it just that
Glovesave74  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting this game!
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am deffinitly pissed about how I'm getting RB2 and am waiting for Christmas for GH4.

It'll save me $140 though....
Set all the tax rates to 9.
deadhead15  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit, i am getting this game now, this will be so fucking beastly.

Real Guitar Thread: most recent,Brand New Song In The Works http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89080

Accomplishments: most recent, Dark Matter FC (Crazy Chart)
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: deadhead6391
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!

=D
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
Mr.Kart  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KrakenEater wrote:
I really wish that people would stop forgetting about Ps2 and Wii. Here's some numbers I pulled from the Scorehero rankings:

17,122 users have submitted scores for GH3X (all systems).
43.9% are X360 users (7,516)
42.6% are PS2 users (7,301)
14.5% are Wii users (2,482)
5.5% are Ps3 users (950)
2.8% are PC users (474)

Percentage with DLC capabilities
49.4% with DLC capabilities
59.9% Without DLC

There are two major problems that make those stats misleading.

1. The PS2 got the GH series first, before other consoles, so many (not all, mind you) of those users left are people who have just stuck to the console because they don't feel the need to buy additional guitars. This number will likely PLUMMET with World Tour considering the multiple instruments. If people want the whole set, why wouldn't they buy it for a newer system? (I realize that's not the case for everyone, but it's still a misleading stat)

2. The general core of Wii players are, indeed, casual gamers, who don't even know about ScoreHero (many of which may have never even touched Expert). That percentage you have does not come CLOSE to reflecting the Wii population of Guitar Hero.

3. (I know I said two problems, but here's a third.) You can't just pull up stats from one difficulty. Doesn't even begin to cover the demographic of ScoreHero, which is still probably about 1-2% of the ENTIRE Guitar Hero community. That's like taking a percent of a percent...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, I always wanted to try a POD!
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Kart wrote:
KrakenEater wrote:
I really wish that people would stop forgetting about Ps2 and Wii. Here's some numbers I pulled from the Scorehero rankings:

5.5% are Ps3 users (950)
2.8% are PC users (474)

59.9% Without DLC

1. The PS2 got the GH series first, before other consoles, so many (not all, mind you) of those users left are people who have just stuck to the console because they don't feel the need to buy additional guitars. This number will likely PLUMMET with World Tour considering the multiple instruments. If people want the whole set, why wouldn't they buy it for a newer system? (I realize that's not the case for everyone, but it's still a misleading stat)

2. The general core of Wii players are, indeed, casual gamers, who don't even know about ScoreHero (many of which may have never even touched Expert). That percentage you have does not come CLOSE to reflecting the Wii population of Guitar Hero.

3. (I know I said two problems, but here's a third.) You can't just pull up stats from one difficulty. Doesn't even begin to cover the demographic of ScoreHero, which is still probably about 1-2% of the ENTIRE Guitar Hero community. That's like taking a percent of a percent...

Statistics or not, unless the company is physically unable to give the system capabilities (Ex: PS2 DLC), every system should have equal content.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Kart wrote:
KrakenEater wrote:

5.5% are Ps3 users (950)
2.8% are PC users (474)

59.9% Without DLC

I'm more than happy to debate with you, but this isn't the place. Expect a PM soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow neversoft, you are really putting some amazing work into this. So if this game is as amazing as it sounds, I'm sure It'll end up being the only GH I play ;)

And on a second note, I heard you can't make your own vocal tracks in the studio in GH4, but on that screenshot on line6.com, it had Rhythm/Lead/Bass/Drums/Mic?

Is there going to be an explanation on what you can do on Mic? Maybe put down some cowbell for the song? xD
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Kart wrote:
Quote:

You can't release covers of pre-existing songs, and you have lead, rhythm, bass, and drums instead of lead, bass, vocals, and drums.

WRONG. Because of the dropped vocal section, you're free to make covers of whatever you want.

Yes, but you can't release them. Read the Game Informer preview.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
ratchet1215  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I am getting really excited about the music creator. It's really a revolutionary step up compared to the previous evolutions of Guitar Hero.
JDBar  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed the Wii most likely isn't getting this, but on the brightside:

We're still getting a song creator and DLC! So it's not as in-depth unfortunately... but it's better than having nothing!

I'm probably the only Wii user who will post something positive.
snoman99991  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellashes is right. It's not like the Wii can't handle a music creator. In software standards, that kind of processing isn't very complex, although it would certainly eat up a lot of disk space. That said, one feature of the overall program for music creation shouldn't just be omitted.

Based off of your statistics mentioned above, ScoreHero doesn't represent the entire Guitar Hero community.

The truth in that statement works against you because the Wii sells better than other consoles and thus is more likely to draw in Guitar Hero players. Because of that, it's worth spending more time, energy, and resources into making that experience excellent so that the greater market share comes back for whatever is next.

Wii owners should feel jaded. I could entirely understand this if there were well defined reasons why the Wii can't support it. Then we could at least blame inferior hardware.

Please reconsider Neversoft....

All 5 stars (Just need TTL and TTFAF)
21 Million points (20.02 Mil !!!!!)
5* TTFAF (429,664)
25 FC's (22!)
65 6*'s (61/70)
Daputti  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEFFER13 wrote:
GO NEVERSOFT!!!

Too bad Wii get neglected in everything.

I thought of that first too, but I think Wii might have this too, because
ChrisVance is from NeverSoft and I suppose they only release news
about their own games. Now we need a Vicarious Visions guy here too...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: