ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
.:[Guitar Hero Three Control Panel]:. V2.0.4 (10/4/2010)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 116, 117, 118  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrayBonE  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about the control panel.
Can you create songs/songlist with "XEN" files?
I have downloaded a custom pack for gh3 with alot of great songs, but when i "install" this pack the game crash..
So, i thought i could ask here if there is a way i can use the files i the songpack to create my own tier/setlist with the control panel?

The files in the pack have names like "abovewinter.dat.xen" and "abovewinter.fsb.xen" in MUSIC folder and "abovewinter_song.pak.xen" in SONG folder.

Can i use it??????
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a working download link?

This one doesn't work for me.

Edit: working now with the direct link to the zip.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked over the guide for the GHTCP and despite being able to add and play custom songs in GH3, I'm still having some issues.

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems relating to career mode. My original intent was to augment the existing career setlist of GH3 by adding in some songs from other Guitar Hero games. The thing is, while I can mess with quickplay and its various setlists, as soon as I modify the career setlist in any way, it becomes inoperable. Whether I disable a song or add a new one, the game will freeze (or more often crash) as soon as I select a band to begin the career. I did a search and saw this mentioned elsewhere without resolution, yet others discuss career mode as if there's no problem at all, so I don't know what the issue is.

I was also wondering about the song limits. Some people have said that they could get add up to 99 songs in a single setlist, while the guide says that it caps out at 79. In either case, do those numbers represent the TOTAL number of songs that can be available in a setlist, or merely how many can be added to what's already there? I assume the former but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks for any help.
inimitable  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miketheratguy wrote:
I was wondering if anyone else was having problems relating to career mode.

It's been a long time since I've used the program, but if I remember correctly the Career implementation was unfinished (thus a bit buggy). Not to the point where it would immediately crash, though; my only advice would be to make sure you're setting the correct amount of songs in GHTCP before applying settings.

miketheratguy wrote:
I was also wondering about the song limits

I believe around mid-90s is the hard engine limit for songs in a setlist. I recommended 80 to prevent people trying to add too many (because seriously? Who needs that many? That's what the setlist switcher function is for). And that is total songs, not just songs added.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
miketheratguy  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

I may have done something wrong with the program, because even a single alteration to the career song structure leads to an issue. If I disable a single song or add one to the career setlist, selecting my band will crash the game. When I searched I saw someone else mention that their game was crashing at the same point, but they had no solution. Strangely, everything else seems to work as it should- I added some songs to the "bonus" section and played them without error. At that stage, career mode still worked as well. It's just touchy about the career setlist.

I'll re-read the section about the setlist switcher. I know how to create one, but I hadn't looked into filling it or learning how to switch to it in-game because I thought that I'd have to do so within the career.

You mentioned not using the program in a while. Have different tools been adopted for adding customs? I haven't tried it in a while and I wasn't sure if there'd been a migration to different methods / software.
GrayBonE  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the f*cking help im getting... Seems lika everyone on this site is getting there questions answerd, why cant anyone answer my question???
Or is it that nobody know anything about my question?

Sorry for my bad english..
FkOnFireGh2  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miketheratguy wrote:
I've looked over the guide for the GHTCP and despite being able to add and play custom songs in GH3, I'm still having some issues.

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems relating to career mode. My original intent was to augment the existing career setlist of GH3 by adding in some songs from other Guitar Hero games. The thing is, while I can mess with quickplay and its various setlists, as soon as I modify the career setlist in any way, it becomes inoperable. Whether I disable a song or add a new one, the game will freeze (or more often crash) as soon as I select a band to begin the career. I did a search and saw this mentioned elsewhere without resolution, yet others discuss career mode as if there's no problem at all, so I don't know what the issue is.

I was also wondering about the song limits. Some people have said that they could get add up to 99 songs in a single setlist, while the guide says that it caps out at 79. In either case, do those numbers represent the TOTAL number of songs that can be available in a setlist, or merely how many can be added to what's already there? I assume the former but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks for any help.

The same thing happened to me. Just go to custom menu>setlist switcher. Press orange (which unlocks the setlist or something) on each of the setlists that are changed. After that career mode should work fine.

79 total not in addition.
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrayBonE wrote:
Thanks for the f*cking help im getting... Seems lika everyone on this site is getting there questions answerd, why cant anyone answer my question???

1. You're using pirated material, nobody wants to help you.

2. Thanks for being a **** about it.

miketheratguy wrote:
You mentioned not using the program in a while. Have different tools been adopted for adding customs? I haven't tried it in a while and I wasn't sure if there'd been a migration to different methods / software.

I've started using RB3 customs on the 360.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
GrayBonE  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer, now i have just one more question.
Can i use frets on fire songs in gh3? Someone told me that its the easiest way to get the songs i want.
How do i "install" those songs and where can i find it?
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero Three Control Panel has stopped working - PLEASE Reply with quote

Hi there,

Whenever I try to open up Guitar Hero Three Control Panel, version 2.0.4, instead of it opening as usual, I get a message that simply stated 'Guitar Hero Three Control Panel has stopped working', and also that 'Windows is looking for a solution to the problem...'. After a few seconds, however, the window disappears, and the program does not open.

I use a legitimate copy of Windows 7 64-bit, and I also ensured that I had installed the .NET framework, of which I had version 3.5 installed, so I didn't think that there was anything else wrong with my system or the program's requirements not being present.

However, when I looked in the Program Files directory, I only saw three files: 'GHTCP.exe', 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.dll' and 'Microsoft.DirectX.dll'. I was wondering if there were some program files missing from the installation, and if the installer package (downloaded from the MediaFire link) did not copy some of the necessary files for the program to work properly.

I cannot think of any other way of diagnosing or fixing the problem, do you have any suggestions as to what I could do, or, better still, what the solution to the problem is?

Many thanks,
phrasmotica
Kathya  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero Three Control Panel has stopped working - PL Reply with quote

phrasmotica wrote:
what the solution to the problem is?

These are the files I have with it.
(you download the encoder dll on your first run)

Not to state the obvious, but I assume you've tried running it as administrator and possibly compatibility mode?
phrasmotica  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero Three Control Panel has stopped working - PL Reply with quote

Quote:
I assume you've tried running it as administrator and possibly compatibility mode?

I have tried both of those. I'll try the download link you posted, though, thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero Three Control Panel has stopped working - PL Reply with quote

Quote:
I assume you've tried running it as administrator and possibly compatibility mode?

I have tried both of those.

I also tried the download link, and extracted the files in the .zip to a folder, and tried to launch the .exe from there, but the same error occurs. Now it makes me think it's something to do with the installation and/or the system requirements. Any other ideas, anyone?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Godfather Reply with quote

why don't create music tracks?? every time I try to add new song, i click on 'execute actions' and this message wait for me: cannot create music tracks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 117 of 118

Jump to: