ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
.:[Guitar Hero Three Control Panel]:. V2.0.4 (10/4/2010)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 116, 117, 118  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see this coming to fruition, max. It's easy and pretty!

On the other hand, I have been experiencing a number of bugs:

1. On the Quickplay setlist, the song titles are correct but the "artist" displayed under the name is the Tier name. On the Bonus setlist, there is no artist name displayed, and on the Download setlist the artist of the first song is copied onto all other songs below it.

2. On ALL songs, after the loading screen it should display the name of the song, artist, and year before the fretboard comes up, but instead it displays it in a Song Title by Song Title format.

3. On some songs, the music starts at the correct time, but the chart starts at some point a few seconds into the track. I know this isn't very helpful, but I'm trying to figure out exactly what kind of chart/mid is doing this (if there's a simple pattern).
Perhaps this has something to do with the crazy default offsets it keeps giving me? On one song the offset defaults to -2465 or some such, so I change it to 2000 and it gives me the aforementioned error. I re-imported it again and didn't touch the offset and experienced a similar error.

4. I too am experiencing the hard lockup of the control panel after double right-clicking. I'm running an up-to-date WinXP system.

Since I don't see any mention of things like this in the last couple pages, I can only assume I've done something horribly wrong, but I can't see what. I started with an unmodified, 1.3 GH3, and I've got all the necessary programs installed (.NET, the mp3 library, etc).

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
IamMike4Life  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some bugs i have found:
1. When i go to add a song and pick all my files (guitar.ogg,rhythm.ogg,song.ogg and notes.mid) everything goes good. Its when the next screen comes up where i can then edit the artist's name and year. I entered all song information so it would look like this:
-We Three Kings (Name)
-Steve Ouimette (artist)
-2007 (year)
Here's a screenshot

If i leave it like that i ed up with something like:
-WETHREEKINGS
STEVEOUIMETTE2007
I then had to add the following to make it work:
-We Three Kings (Name)
-Steve Ouimette , (artist) notice the " , "
-2007 (year)
Here's a pic

this is what i ended up with

thats about it other then the problems that others have had, where the song parts are all distorted, also the previews:
Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg1tkF37Law&fmt=18

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get the songs to have the right parts for practice?
IamMike4Life  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you talking to me???

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IamMike4Life wrote:
Some bugs i have found:
1. When i go to add a song and pick all my files (guitar.ogg,rhythm.ogg,song.ogg and notes.mid) everything goes good. Its when the next screen comes up where i can then edit the artist's name and year. I entered all song information so it would look like this:
-We Three Kings (Name)
-Steve Ouimette (artist)
-2007 (year)
Here's a screenshot

If i leave it like that i ed up with something like:
-WETHREEKINGS
STEVEOUIMETTE2007
I then had to add the following to make it work:
-We Three Kings (Name)
-Steve Ouimette , (artist) notice the " , "
-2007 (year)
Here's a pic

this is what i ended up with

That's because GHTCP doesn't add automatically a "," like tom's editor, it's not a "problem" of GHTCP, it's more like a difference, but anyway a warning (with the option to use it without ",") if the user doesn't use it wouldn't hurt

IamMike4Life wrote:

thats about it other then the problems that others have had, where the song parts are all distorted, also the previews:
Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg1tkF37Law&fmt=18

I don't hear the previews distorted...

About the songs, I have no idea, probably it's something related to the guitar track and the way that GH3 handles it.

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, some damage control.

Offset bug fixed (I forgot to set both the input offset and note offset to the same value).

I am looking into the program freeze problem. It’s suppose to be busy during the game execution because it tries to hack the game so your save file will work. The hack starts 10 seconds after you ran the game, because it needs to be executed after the initial loading screen and I thought that 10 seconds is enough for all PCs.

Artist/year show title bug fixed (I didn’t add an empty entry if you didn’t fill up the box). You have to keep it to this format “, 2008” if you want the year to display the same (look at the originals) because I want to have more control over the text and what it displays.

I’m not sure what the audio distortion is. The program does not resample mp3 files (the game can load any CBR mp3 if you setup the fsb properly) but maybe the game has a problem if you have different sample/bit rate audio tracks running at the same time. I don’t hear any distortion though, I only hear you missing some notes which consequentially cuts the audio track.

There is no GH3 unique sustain. It’s a bug in all mid.qb/GH3 related programs out there that intended to import the same GH2 format but ended up creating your so called GH3 sustain (GZ calls it ‘my sustain bug’). I don’t know if it’s a good idea to give the option to create the sustain bug…

I already started rewriting things to work with my new qb structure, so I cannot run or test anything yet.

Once I’m done I’ll release a new version.

People, try to keep your bug reports organized so I won’t need to read the same bug 10 times but think they are all different bugs.

Thanks for your support and help in debugging.
qtipextra  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max, thanks for all you do for us - again!

On the program freezing, it has to do with when the game is executed from double right-clicking the icon. If you run the game without your shortcut, it will not freeze your program, but at the same time will not execute the save game fix. It looks like it may be an error in the save game part of the script that locks up the program. Maybe this was obvious, but I thought I would help you get more understanding on the issue.
dra1985  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I wanted to add all of my guitar hero songs in, but am having trouble importing any of my Guitar Hero I songs.

Export from Execute Actions

Create Game Track: iwannabesedated ... FAILED

Export from Log:

07/12/2008 11:23:48 :: Create Game Track: iwannabesedated

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

Edit: I followed the other post in this thread and converted the .mid to .chart, and it worked. Just posting a more detailed bug report for you MaX.
shadowmansm  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to give you a heads up. I have the latest version of your program and I still have the offset issue. I am not sure by your recent message if you had released the new version with the fix or not so I posted anyways.
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dra: Thank you, I'll look into it. I never tested my midi library with GH1 mids, but I used Leff's conversion method (to chart) so it should have worked.

shadow: I said that I already started rewriting code, so I can't compile or test anything ATM. I'll upload it once I'm done, and you will see a date change in the post and detailed report in the first post on bugs fixed.
dra1985  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Track cannot be parsed.
An entry with the same key already exists.

Now I have no idea what this is talking about because the song I am importing has NOT been imported, it doesn't have the same name as another song in any way. I am getting this error when selecting my notes.mid file. I even converted it to notes.chart and still get the same error.

EDIT: Just read your post. I tried leff's converter and guitar hero 1 .mids would not read in the c2m2c. Only dB worked for conversions.
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRG wrote:
..It was working great, then I decided to add (2) songs to the Download section, did, saved, loaded up GH3, worked, went back to the Control Panel and now it gives an error about not being compatible and now all my songs I converted (50ish) today are off the list, anyway to re-add the songs without converting again? I really don't want to have to re-convert all the songs again.

Do NOT PM me, use the thread so other people with the same problem can either help or use the solution you got.

Try to restore the last game settings (If you have not executed any other actions since then).

You can select the audio files you created by choosing ‘single track’ and looking for the file in the \Aspyr\Guitar Hero III\Data\Music\ folder. Note that only your audio can be restored, properties are lost with the game settings and unless you exported the tier/setlist you will have to fill them up again.

Look around in the log folder to find an error printout. Post it so I can figure out what went wrong.

dra1985 wrote:

Now I have no idea what this is talking about because the song I am importing has NOT been imported, it doesn't have the same name as another song in any way. I am getting this error when selecting my notes.mid file. I even converted it to notes.chart and still get the same error.

EDIT: Just read your post. I tried leff's converter and guitar hero 1 .mids would not read in the c2m2c. Only dB worked for conversions.

It’s referring to the note track in the chart (I think).
Check the chart and see if it has tracks (Ex. EasySingle) with the same name.

I need to extract some GH1 charts…
snake2  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dra1985 wrote:

I got the same error when i converted Dead! from the 360 midi

converting to chart gave the same error so i imported the chart to gh2 in ghex then imported the midi into gh3 and all the notes were hold notes so i took the midi i exported from ghex and converted it to a chart then imported it into gh3 and it worked

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with:

I had when importing my gh2 version of strutter. When looking at it I was wondering if it had anything to do with the customs.ids file.

Like the 0x keys, for example:

0xc3c1d10a iloverocknroll_song_expert
0xf40b23f5 iloverocknroll_expert_star
0xb61f7e74 iloverocknroll_expert_starbattlemode
0x2d21e4ab iloverocknroll_song_rhythm_easy
0xc6e2964f iloverocknroll_rhythm_easy_star
0x8e5b6a67 iloverocknroll_rhythm_easy_starbattlemode
0x43e416cf iloverocknroll_song_rhythm_medium
0xb1cf4e89 iloverocknroll_rhythm_medium_star
0x1f996e82 iloverocknroll_rhythm_medium_starbattlemode
0xa55661ee iloverocknroll_song_rhythm_hard

EDIT: Somehow it worked after converting it with C2M2C. :\ weird...
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaXKilleR wrote:

I’m not sure what the audio distortion is. The program does not resample mp3 files (the game can load any CBR mp3 if you setup the fsb properly) but maybe the game has a problem if you have different sample/bit rate audio tracks running at the same time. I don’t hear any distortion though, I only hear you missing some notes which consequentially cuts the audio track.

There is no GH3 unique sustain. It’s a bug in all mid.qb/GH3 related programs out there that intended to import the same GH2 format but ended up creating your so called GH3 sustain (GZ calls it ‘my sustain bug’). I don’t know if it’s a good idea to give the option to create the sustain bug…

For me, the audio distortion comes from two of the exact song file overlapping each other. Like Guitar/Band. A fix would be that you set single mp3 song files (Custom songs) as Band audio, instead of Guitar audio AND Band audio.

And as for the "GH3 sustain". I thought that the official GH3 song suffers from the same bug. Like sustains in One show up on chart viewers but not when you play it.

And lets top it off with an important question. You said here in the forum that your program would support Placeable Hopo's. Then I wonder how we should chart in Feedback to use this feature.

And when we are talking about Hopo's... What does the Hammer on options do in "Song Properties"

Thanks once again! / Wattershed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 3 of 118

Jump to: