Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
jamesw- I'M BACK, BABY!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richjohnny  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, those chords are a bitch to hit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
GuitarHeroPanda  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait so you tied with Lo7???? O_O WOW o_O

gratz on so many good accomplishments
jamesw  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Upper-bound! Optimal maybe? Honestly I don't see how it would be possible to squeeze another tick out of that first activation. I actually choked twice with a potential upper-bound score. I'm just happy I got lucky enough to FC it with that much pressure. 1st place! 4 points higher than Strikebowler. This is AWESOME!

No One Like You Rape

Harmonix games are just too good not to play them for 8 years. Officially back in action.
oddballzfrank  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, great job! you beast at squeezing, i wish i was better, teach me the ways pl0x? lol

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Odd Ball Frank
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's so amazing ! The FC itself is amazing as hell, but upper-bound and ON YOUR FIRST TRY?! Very good job, my friend !

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
dahabi  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow nice squeezing and with bim, pwm, 17, ee, ciam out of the way...29=loleasy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.slowhero.com/ghrt80s-ps2/expert/noonelikeyou.upper-bound.best.png

I think you missed 400.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jamesw  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confury wrote:

I think you missed 400.

I was going by the Bradleyzoo path, in which I hit the upper-bound score. Those extra squeezes look to me to be impossible to hit, but I can be proved wrong. Either way, a first place score is a first place score.

Harmonix games are just too good not to play them for 8 years. Officially back in action.
Confury  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesw wrote:
Confury wrote:

I think you missed 400.

I was going by the Bradleyzoo path, in which I hit the upper-bound score. Those extra squeezes look to me to be impossible to hit, but I can be proved wrong. Either way, a first place score is a first place score.

The first squeeze does look insanely hard, but I'm sure the 3rd squeeze can be pulled off. You should try for it or something. I prolly will.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jamesw  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confury wrote:
jamesw wrote:
Confury wrote:

I think you missed 400.

The first squeeze does look insanely hard, but I'm sure the 3rd squeeze can be pulled off. You should try for it or something. I prolly will.

When I get back from Harry Potter, I will.

Confury  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no part in this at all, what are you talking about!? >_>

btw, that's Lemon's score, not mine. Check his thread.
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you really have to post that in here?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamesw wrote:

Electric eye solo D is VERY hard for me. It is very confusing and I've only hit it once before.
It's very simple and I've hit it all the time. You just start on Slower, keep your hand on first position and tap all the oranges, that's all there is too it. Not too hard at all with a little practice. And you know there is a HUGE gap in skill level you have over me, I was glad to finally FC that song, too bad you weren't around for it.

Jamesw wrote:
Round and Round is also very tough. It is full of WTF worthy solo's. Other than that, I have practiced every solo of every song and I am consistent at all of them. It's just a matter of FC'ing the full songs now.
All those weird patterns are just dumb, confusing, and unhittable But you can do it cuz your awesomeful

Great job on the Upperbound if I haven't congratulated already, such a great song, and squeezing like that is just incredible

EDIT: Oh wow I missed a Play With Me FC!! That's even much better than Cult of Personality, probably my favorite song/chart in the game, so much fun and crazy shred solos, no Chorus 5 chokes is a gift from God, crazy zig-zags, and I've only hit that SP once =/. Awesome job, go get upperbound on that too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party, but whatever >_>.

Holy shit dude, you were really good at this game. All of these accomplishments are epic . To me, it's a mystery to why you quit, because it feels as though you barely started . Someday, I wish to be as good as you in this game, no joke .

Good luck outside of non-GH life, I wish you the best of luck .
jamesw  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenpinata23 wrote:
Late to the party, but whatever >_>.

Holy shit dude, you were really good at this game. All of these accomplishments are epic . To me, it's a mystery to why you quit, because it feels as though you barely started . Someday, I wish to be as good as you in this game, no joke .

Good luck outside of non-GH life, I wish you the best of luck .

Hey! Thanks a lot for the bump, I was actually thinking the other day about if my thread had been bumped recently without me realizing.

I never quit. I just got bored of the game. Most of the "amazing" players here do not suffer from choking on everything. I would choke on the easiest songs in the game, to the point where fc'ing a song like heart shaped box would take me 2 hours.

I have had a very addictive personality since I was a very young child. I have been characterized by an obsession to a different thing nearly every year of my life. I get so "into" these things that they are all I can think about and consume my life for a long period of time. I have been obsessed with reading to the point where I would only lock myself in my room and read for the entire day after school. I have been obsessed with coin collecting to a point where I spent tons of money on some of the rarest Canadian coins there are. Likewise, when I picked up guitar hero it became an absolute obsession. I would stay up late every night playing it and avoid homework. In the summer of 2008, I had feelings of mild depression because all I wanted to do was practice Jordan. I alienated friends because when I went to hang out at their houses, all I wanted to do was play the DLC they had or play rock band, which I didn't have at the time. It basically consumed my life. The biggest struggle I had was to FC Jordan, and when I finally did it there was not much more I felt I could do. I could continue to FC easy songs, which I did. But there was little to no reward in doing so because I knew I could FC every song easier than Jordan if I simply put in 2 hours.

Last year I continued to play heavily, but because grade 11 marks count for university acceptance, I had to take a huge break from february-june 2009. When I finally escaped my semester from hell (AP math with the worst teacher EVER, AP chemistry, AP biology, and world religions (kind of a joke)) I began to play a lot again. I wanted to finally knock get a FGFC, or FC bigger songs. But after all of my work at Jordan, I did not have the patience to put in time to FC a song like TTFAF when I realized that it would take a huge amount of time and knowing how bad I am with choking I would likely never FC it.

Another big factor in "quitting" (I never actually quit and I will play again if I feel the motivation to) was that squeezing became too frustrating for me. I am one of the old-school players who believes in scores, not just FC counts. The problem was, as I got better at squeezing, I got more picky with when I would FC a song. If I didn't hit a squeeze, I would restart. Because I am terrible at choking, I began to choke even more when I would finally get a run where I was FC'ing a song.

These days I have been trying really hard in school to achieve marks to get into university. I pulled my average up to a 94 this past semester GH-free. That is my best average ever. I have also hung out with friends a lot more. A problem with my life situation has been that all of my friends live really far away, which means that my parents would have to sacrifice 2 hours of their day to drive me to a friends house there and back, total. Ever since I got my driver's license I have been hanging out with friends on a regular basis.

I miss the community of when I first started playing. I miss the excitement of a new game coming out or a song being FC'd that was once considered impossible. I miss watching streams all the time, making great friends along the way. Basically, I feel disconnected with the evolving community because the last GH game I bought was GH:M. I love the old games too much. I know it's nitpicky, but what I loved about GH1, 2, and 80's was the look and style of the fretboard. For some reason in GH2 I absolutely love how smooth it looks. It also feels like you are actually combusting the skittles as the fly by. GH3 and all the games since then feel like it is programmed to hit all the notes already, but it is only when you make a mistake that one will go by. It's a strange concept, but overall for that reason I just prefer the old games a lot more. I also liked how they picked GUITAR songs. With the full band gameplay and the mainstream status of GH, many of the songs have become too boring or generic. I love how every song in GH1 and GH2 throws a new concept at you with every song. The new songs seem very much the same, and that is a disappointment for me.

So I'm not gone. Sure, I feel less connection to the community now. Sure, I haven't picked up a plastic guitar since August 4th 2009. Sure, I haven't bought a new game since GH Metallica. But I will always feel a love for the first forum I ever joined. I will always be a proud member of Scorehero. Maybe this summer I will knock out a few FC's just to get that feeling back again. I have and always will LOVE THIS GAME! Get over your ego's, people. This game is all about competitive fun and you don't deserve to be playing if you aren't having a blast.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51

Jump to: