ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy fucking necro.

Decided to bump this up because me and a bunch of other CS majors here at school are getting together every weekend and playing this for a few hours. Haven't played this in forever and the only person I know how to use is Pikachu (and even then, I'm decent at best).

Any general tips for me? We also play with no items and finals.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:

Any general tips for me?

Play Brawl+. It's so much more fun, and the custom skins make it all the better.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

Any general tips for me?

Play Brawl+. It's so much more fun, and the custom skins make it all the better.

Don't know what that is. I should mention I don't have a Wii.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Qarx wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

Any general tips for me?

Don't know what that is. I should mention I don't have a Wii.

It's Brawl without the crap that makes Brawl suck.

http://smashmods.com/forum/page/bpabout.html

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a weird way to suggest Brawl Minus.

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlannelJacket wrote:
That's a weird way to suggest Brawl Minus.
Oh lordy, Brawl-. Why fix anything when you can break everything? But yeah, Brawl+ is a good mod that everyone should use. For actual advice, use Metaknight [hurdur]. Confirmed for banned tier in the most common American ruleset.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I have no control over what version of Brawl we play, just general tips.

Near the end of the night, I figured out how much better using the C-stick is (Gamecube controller) to perform smash attacks instead of the usual way. Made it so much easier.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey let's bump this thread again!

Project M is what all the cool kids are playing nowadays. This is basically trying to get SSBB to play like SSBM, since everyone knows, Super Smash Bros. Melee is the greatest game of all time =P. I did enjoy B+ a lot, but after playing PM it does seem too floaty and slow for my tastes. And yes, I'm one of those 'no items, only certain stages, etc.' kinda players.

While the "let's make it just like the old game" approach is interesting, I do enjoy the ways they try to incorporate some of the changes as well; I appreciate how they're open to improvements and changes, as in they're not completely in love with every aspect of Melee. For example, they change a few movesets as well as buff a lot of character's recoveries/moves for more balanced play.
This is important for me. I mostly play friendlies with less skilled players, so I like to be versatile and try to play nearly all the characters. It makes it more fun, and I think it helps me get better as a whole (My sheik is pretty badass, however ).

I also enjoy how the makers seem to be actually putting a lot of time into this (there was a year between the two demo releases, after all). This is still a demo, and they're continuously working on improvements and finishing characters. Rather than input crappy/unfinished characters into the second demo to meet demands, they have simply removed them until they work out all the kinks.

Oh and I'm also pissed that Nintendo still hasn't said much of anything about SSB4 (even though most the info they usually release are features that I turn off anyways xD).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good, this bump was for Project M. If it was for vanilla Brawl I think I would have to choke a bitch .

I haven't installed it on my Wii, but I played Project M at my friend's house. Love Peach and even Lucas a lot more than ever now, and actually like playing Zelda. Sure, it's still mostly casual play, as I don't know how to wavedash or anything like that, but that doesn't mean it's not a hell of a lot more fun than vanilla Brawl XD. We sometimes like to play with items on for the lulz, but not often lol. I definitely find the game more fun to play without, that's for sure . Though having a third player, even a CPU, is fun, too XP.

Good to hear they're continually improving the game . My friend told me they nerfed Game&Watch pretty hard, and since he didn't have any custom skins, I didn't bother with him, which is a shame, since he was one of my favorites back when I played vanilla Brawl XP (as you can see from my avatar lol). Hope to get to play Project M some more soon X3.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: