ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Kids Quits School to play Guitar Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse1010  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, his parents are fucking stupid, i hope they know their child is going to live with them forever! congrats kid! you are now a failure!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so much hate in the kid... I was told all my life to find something I loved and stick with it, and make a career out of it... This kid obviously loves Guitar Hero... I don't see what the shame is in him at least trying at something like this. He is still young... so if worse comes to worse and it doesn't work out, he gets his GED and tries to go to college. And the fact that he isn't well known or isn't a member of SH is an ignorant comment to make. There are many talented players of Guitar Hero that are not part of the SH Community.

I say good luck to the kid, and wish him well... There is no reason to beat him down since it obviously isn't going to change his decision. He enjoys this and wants to do this, he has obviously thought through his options and determined this is what he wants to do with his life. Let him be...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
Guitarh4ck3r  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, Good for him, let him do what he wants, if he screws his life up from this, oh well.

`H4ck3r.
SHADE45.  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad if Guitar Hero games ever die, this kid becomes a hobo for the rest of his life
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm sure GH will die out eventually.. I guess he just has to hope there is a similar rhythm game that he can transfer his talent over to.. And that the said game is played on a competitive level.

Otherwise, he'll be on the streets with a generator with a system and T.V. hooked into it... And the GH Bundle box open for the nice people who walk by =\.... Something I've always wanted to try.
Pharcyd3  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushy2008 wrote:
Why so much hate in the kid... I was told all my life to find something I loved and stick with it, and make a career out of it... This kid obviously loves Guitar Hero... I don't see what the shame is in him at least trying at something like this. He is still young... so if worse comes to worse and it doesn't work out, he gets his GED and tries to go to college. And the fact that he isn't well known or isn't a member of SH is an ignorant comment to make. There are many talented players of Guitar Hero that are not part of the SH Community.

I say good luck to the kid, and wish him well... There is no reason to beat him down since it obviously isn't going to change his decision. He enjoys this and wants to do this, he has obviously thought through his options and determined this is what he wants to do with his life. Let him be...

If you're going to quit high school at 16 to do something, you better be a little bit more than talented. I'm sure there are plenty of good guitar hero players out there who aren't on scorehero, but one so good that he could quit school and play guitar hero exclusively? It's pretty safe to say if he was on that level he would be a regular on scorehero and we would of all heard about him

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i beg to differ, there are still new versions of pong coming out, which was the first released actual video game

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to know that his parents put a $80,000 cap on the retard. He doesn't deserve any more money in his life than that anyway.
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse1010 wrote:
i beg to differ, there are still new versions of pong coming out, which was the first released actual video game

Yeah, but Pong is still outdated no matter how you look at it. After a while, people stop caring. They're not going to play the new Pong games in TWSVG, y'know? And while this may not pertain as much to GH, Pong skills aren't really going to transfer over to too many other games.
pi31415926535897  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be better to quit school to play chess. Then you're insured the game won't get out-dated EVER and you can get quite some cash out of it if you're good

El Jefe [ ]
khfreek  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCSU wrote:
His scorehero username used to be dreminem, but i believe he was banned for no reason or something (dont quote me on that).

Too bad, I am quoting you on that, because it's true.

pharcyd3 wrote:
It's pretty safe to say if he was on that level he would be a regular on scorehero and we would of all heard about him

He was a regular, until he was banned for no reason.

The discos had the funk, the junkies had the groove. No one knew what they was gonna do but Bambaataa had the news.

Let there be chains... there were chains
Let there be soul... there was soul
Let there be degrading of women.... there was degrading of WOMEN!
Let there be sratchin.... there was scratching!
LET THERE BE RAP!
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khfreek wrote:
NCSU wrote:
His scorehero username used to be dreminem, but i believe he was banned for no reason or something (dont quote me on that).

Too bad, I am quoting you on that, because it's true.
Here's his forum profile page. Dunno why he's banned, but hey. His AIM is on there, someone go bug him :P.
NejiHyuuga777  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were him, I'd just play at some tournaments and get a real job instead. That might be what I end up doing, actually. I'll still be playing GH and getting money, but I'd also be making some more money off of another job that I want to do. I don't think that quiting school is the best path, really. As everyone said, being a pro gamer that specializes in only one game is very dangerous, and could result in disaster. That's why just doing it on the side would be so much safer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy i cant wait till guitar hero dies out in a few years. that kid is screwed. who the hell will hire him for anything after this? he will be qualified for mcdonalds, conveniant, and walgreens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's pursuing his dream. Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: