ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Kids Quits School to play Guitar Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when gh is out of style this kid will regret his choice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOberdOOd wrote:
He's pursuing his dream. Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.
There is if it's impractical. He's 16, his parents should at this point be guiding him in the right direction. Do they really think he's going to make money? At least a substantial amount, besides enough to live on, enough to pay a private tutor? Come on. I mean, I GUESS it's cool that they're letting him do it, but it's still fucking stupid.

Professional gaming is more elite than classical music, last I heard. Seriously, he can win comps left and right, but there's very few cash prizes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't think dropping out of school would help him become better at the game. Playing for hours on end will either a) have little effect or b) have an effect but burn him out and he will give up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dreminem," figures that he has top-10 scores on 20 or so of songs on "Guitar Hero III."

...That's amazing. Without even being in top 10 overall on XBOX alone he thinks he's good enough to pull that off?

Lol, no.
Torchy  

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be one of the worst things I've ever heard. There's so many things wrong with this story that I thought it was a parody at first.

Someone go knock this kid out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm surprised Blake actually went this far...

I know he's made a lot of money through GH tournaments so far. If he can keep a steady supply of tournaments coming in, and practices a lot, he might actually be able to pull it off for a while. However, I must admit I'm skeptical about how this will work out in the long run. Sadly, GH won't be incredibly popular forever, and while it might be a big crowd draw currently, I doubt it's going to keep that status, say, 10 years from now, and he'll be SOL if he doesn't go for his GED.

Hell, why not just finish the last few years of school and just become a bum, like me?

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
Prophet  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...I'm sorry but this kid has made probably one of the worst decisions in his life. To quit high school is a mistake that will cost him dearly. Yeah he could possibly be good at GHIII, but since no one has really heard of him before he won't make it that far. We all know the "elite" players but those people wouldn't (at least to the best of my knowledge) quit school to play GH for the rest of their lives. High school graduates earn more money than non-graduates. I hope this kid's parents finally realize their mistake and put him back on the right track.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the point of view of the people defending him. Dropping out of school will not make him better at Guitar Hero, or any video game for that matter. This is just a dumb decision. Even when I went to school and worked, I still had plenty of extra time to play video games.
NovaXD  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I don't have a beef with this kid. Whether he's right or wrong in seriously trying to be a professional Guitar Hero player, I really don't know. We're also clearly unaware of when and if Guitar Hero will go out of style. As for now, I wish him the best, and hope he goes somewhere. It's very unlikely, but I'm sure he's taken everything into account.

You know, I'm really very surprised that none of you guys seem to have ever thought of being a professional gamer. You're all just saying it's a pipe dream, even though if anyone's going to go pro, it'll probably be someone from Score Hero. Did Chris Chike crush everyone's dreams or something? You guys need to listen to this phrase, over and over:

Disney Channel: Follow your dreams.

God, I must sound like some sorta new-age hippie.
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psuzeppelin5 wrote:
when gh is out of style this kid will regret his choice

It doesn't amtter how many scene kids and older people play the game, they're still gonna make the series for the hardcore players. I mean, they still make DDR games and that was "out of scene" a long time ago, it's been in production for almost 10 years.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NovaXD wrote:
Eh, I don't have a beef with this kid. Whether he's right or wrong in seriously trying to be a professional Guitar Hero player, I really don't know. We're also clearly unaware of when and if Guitar Hero will go out of style. As for now, I wish him the best, and hope he goes somewhere. It's very unlikely, but I'm sure he's taken everything into account.

You know, I'm really very surprised that none of you guys seem to have ever thought of being a professional gamer. You're all just saying it's a pipe dream, even though if anyone's going to go pro, it'll probably be someone from Score Hero. Did Chris Chike crush everyone's dreams or something? You guys need to listen to this phrase, over and over:

Disney Channel: Follow your dreams.

God, I must sound like some sorta new-age hippie.

This is taking "following your dreams" to a way other level. He could still successfully follow his dream while staying in school. School takes up about what, 5 hours a day 5 days a week? That is not a large block of time to devote to something that will actually guarantee you to be able and get you places in life. Even with school, this kid has more than enough time to devote to video games, even if it means getting up before school starts to play or staying up until 2 in the morning. There are plenty of options out there.
TheRadiator  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't drop out.

Period.
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prophet wrote:
Wow...I'm sorry but this kid has made probably one of the worst decisions in his life. To quit high school is a mistake that will cost him dearly.

Okay, seriously, has no one ever heard of a goddamn GED? It's not like he's eternally doomed himself. When GH goes out of style, it's not like he has absolutely no other alternative. He just needs to make sure he's got something to fall back on.

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
chiefbigtree14  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is pretty sad. it doesnt even sound like he is making any money. if he wants to pursue gaming, he at least should have gotten a high school diploma. that way, if his gaming fails he can still get somewhat of a job. not a good job though. i think in the future he is really going to regret his choice. he should really think about getting back in school. gaming really cant provide much of a living unless youre THAT good. which i dont think this person really is.

The HOPOs will be so easy that you can bash the frets left and right with your penis and end up hitting the entire solo.

My Acc. Thread: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63204
guitarslayer666  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can just picture how this worked

kid: Mom i beat the first teir on expert level and even got a 5 star
Mom: wow your really good im glad we got you a good birthday gift
kid: yeah im gonna play mlg because im that good
mom: yeah you beat like 5 expert songs, your probably better than half the pros
Kid:yeah im gonna quit school, practice 24/7 and live off of hotpockets and ramen noodles
Mom: ok youll make some good money with that game
Kid: no shit its guitar hero
Mom: what happens when it dies
Kid: Mom its flipping guitar hero it wont die
Mom: okay sweety good luck

Brockbfball1563 wrote:

Everyone's forgetting the real way. Contrary to popular belief, dropping your pants onstage actually does deploy star power. Either that or I made a complete ass of myself at my last tournament.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bobosageto
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: