ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Kids Quits School to play Guitar Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
criztafor  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any possibility I could get the OP to correct the subject verb agreement in the topic title. I don't know why, but it bothers me to see plural-singular, expecially due to the content of the thread. "Kids quits" even sounds strange, and every time I scroll by my eye starts to twitch a little. It should be kid quits...

Please change it for me, I'll be your best buddy for a short period of time. PLEASE!

Love, peace, & chicken grease!
That is all.
NYwRiter94  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix: Sorry if I was being an asshole, I was just going based off of what was posted in the OP, as I said earlier.

What you said in that post makes perfect sense. As long as you didn't drop out of school for the purpose of playing a game that won't be able to supply you with a real job(GH doesn't offer much $$ opportunities), then I completely respect your opinion. Thanks for giving us that information.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why aren't you? lol

Proud Drummer of Stillborn Fury
khfreek  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xslaya22x wrote:
khfreek wrote:

People get banned for no reason all the time on SH. I believe it's some sort of glitch, but the mods won't look into it because they can't dare to think that anything is wrong with their ban policy

Yeah... right. A glitch, huh? Since when did the act of stupidity being grounds for banning someone become a glitch? The only thing that you could consider a "ban for no reason" is when your ISP gives you different IP's when you connect to the internet. If you happen to be assigned an IP that has previously been banned from scorehero then I guess that would make people assume that it was a "ban for no reason". I don't believe anyone gets "banned for no reason" anymore. Someone usually pisses a mod off, and it usually has to be pretty stupid to get a permanent ban these days.

And I'm pretty sure there's no clause in the ban policy that states they won't look into something that is completely fucking with the general population of the site... it's just, shall we say, bad business.

Dreminem didn't do anything to be banned, and neither have the countless others that made topics in vain about how they were banned (which all get deleted within minutes, don't even bother trying. You keep on believing those mods are perfect, champ.

The discos had the funk, the junkies had the groove. No one knew what they was gonna do but Bambaataa had the news.

Let there be chains... there were chains
Let there be soul... there was soul
Let there be degrading of women.... there was degrading of WOMEN!
Let there be sratchin.... there was scratching!
LET THERE BE RAP!
phoenix4417  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the post at the end of page 6 for an explanation.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x]
Get 100% on 65 songs on expert [ ] (63)

I could easily have all of these goals finished but I never play GH3 much and when I do I am not going for these goals lol. I usually just play coop/PFO.
Glock  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I talk to Drem all the time over at the MLG forums. What are the chances.

And he got banned for no reason along with one of my other friends, who had pictures for ALL of his scores.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phoenix4417 wrote:

TL;DR version

I didn't drop out of school for people who can't read, I am home schooled. I have a backup plan. I didn't "drop out" for guitar hero, I had other reasons. I am playing all different types of games waiting for a new game to come out to become pro in. I am good at all the games I play but not the best. I will be one of the best in the game I decide to go pro in.

Edit: My whole IP was banned so that is why I can only get on once every few days.

By the way, thank you for all the people that know me in real life for defending me ; ).

now i understand. thank you for explaining

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to stop at page three. This is fucking disgusting. Why do so many people hold wealth and status up so highly? Follow your happiness and let no brainwashed slaves of society stand in your way, and if you require a high school diploma to do so, go ahead, but NEVER judge another based on what certificates they have in their possession or the little letters they worked for to get them.

And if YOU EVEN FUCKING READ THE ORIGINAL POST you would have seen that he is now homeschooled, as he himself had to point out. Its as if you people don't even care about anything but the title of the topic.

richjohnny  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut the guy some slack, I at least have respect for someone who wont stop until they've accomplished something.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
jordanpwnsme  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHADE45. wrote:
Too bad if Guitar Hero games ever die, this kid becomes a hobo for the rest of his life

The professional gamers I know have the ability to gain skill at new games much faster than casual players.

Some of my friends scare me sometimes.

Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm derisive of professional gaming. I'm also derisive of professional sports. Neither has much to contribute to our culture or make the world a better place. Even with charities. Professional gaming I feels stereotypes gamers. That especially I don't like.

As for the mods, people who feel they've been unfairly banned are welcome to contact the banning mod and seek forgiveness.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khfreek wrote:
Dreminem didn't do anything to be banned, and neither have the countless others that made topics in vain about how they were banned (which all get deleted within minutes, don't even bother trying. You keep on believing those mods are perfect, champ.

Have you personally spoken to the bannee's about "how they did nothing wrong", and yet they were banned? Please... give me a break. I really hope you're not implying that you believe the stories of people who have been banned, claiming their innocence.

First off, making a post about how you got banned is about the stupidest impulse you could possibly act on... it's a PM kind of thing, and the mods have preached this to members of the site time and time again.

If a mod feels that a post is not appropriate or doesn't offer anything constructive, they trash it, and you will never see it again unless you're a mod. They don't have to explain their actions, but I bet they have a much better reason to do it other than "Hmm, I feel like banning someone today". That leads me into the question of where you're getting the evidence to support your theory, besides from the accounts of the "victims" of these unspeakable bans.

What's the point of bashing mods for being ban-happy if you don't even have facts to base you're opinions off of? I'm not claiming that the mods are perfect, but that's no reason to accuse them of abusing their powers.

Edit: To the kid that this whole post has been about, I wish you luck. I'm just glad you have a back-up plan in the event this doesn't work out for you. It's a pain to make it these days without a decent education.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xslaya22x wrote:
Edit: To the kid that this whole post has been about, I wish you luck. I'm just glad you have a back-up plan in the event this doesn't work out for you. It's a pain to make it these days without a decent education.

LOL, nobody reads posts these days.

Also, another LOL, because with a high score on the GED (the easiest test on Earth), you could EASILY get into a four-year college. I'm surprised that so many people still finish high school/buy into what they're told. If you actually care about your education, DO NOT waste your time with your junior or senior years of high school. It's all college preparation, anyway.
Darkest  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dudafros wrote:
xslaya22x wrote:

Also, another LOL, because with a high score on the GED (the easiest test on Earth), you could EASILY get into a four-year college. I'm surprised that so many people still finish high school/buy into what they're told. If you actually care about your education, DO NOT waste your time with your junior or senior years of high school. It's all college preparation, anyway.

Alright I'll go drop out right away!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dudafros wrote:
xslaya22x wrote:

Wow. I hope that you never hold a position/job/access where you can influence kids this way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: