ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Banjo Kazooie
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceHockey  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Banjo Kazooie Reply with quote

This game is like my childhood, i downloaded the rom and beat it recently. I have a few questions though.

The secret items? I think i got all the eggs and the key, is that it? and how does the stop n swap work?

And for tooie, how do you aim your eggs or type in codes with a key board? i cant seem to do it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Banjo Kazooie Reply with quote

IceHockey wrote:
This game is like my childhood, i downloaded the rom and beat it recently. I have a few questions though.

The secret items? I think i got all the eggs and the key, is that it? and how does the stop n swap work?

And for tooie, how do you aim your eggs or type in codes with a key board? i cant seem to do it

Stop N Swap was a feature that was never finished due to something with the N64. It looks like it'll be working though when the release them both on XBL.
Havikk  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so stoked for BK:N&B when it comes out, my wish list for Birthday/X-Mas looks something like...

GH:WT
RB2
WoW:WotLK
BK:N&B
Microsoft Points...lots of them
Lortwogo  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do have the Banjo-Tooie rom (Project64 FTW ) and there is one thing you could try.

Get a joystick or something and configure it to your computer. It should make aiming a lot easier, but I dont know what will happen to the rest of the keys.

Also if you're downlading roms, get the LoZ N64 games and use the cheats menu in Project64... "Press L to Levitate" is awesome, you can jump up and down in cutscenes

http://www.twitch.tv/lortwogo
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lortwogo Wii Friend Code: 055960746179
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-N64-2in1-Controller-Adapter/dp/8565000168/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1217968642&sr=8-1

Hmm... seems like it'll work without any configuring on P64.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
muna  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some codes that you need to put into the TTC floor to get the Stop'n'Swap items. It is 6 eggs and one key. They don't have a use though. When they come out for XBLA, then Stop'n'Swap should work. BK is one of the best games ever. In my opinion, apart from Zelda: Ocarina of Time, no game is better than Banjo Kazooie. I was very dissapointed with BT though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
I was very dissapointed with BT though.

For some reason, I felt rather disappointed with BT as well, but I can't really seem to pinpoint why. Why were you disappointed?

I was very excited to hear, however, that BK was being re-released on XBLA. Awesomeness all over again.

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
muna  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:
muna wrote:

For some reason, I felt rather disappointed with BT as well, but I can't really seem to pinpoint why. Why were you disappointed?

I was very excited to hear, however, that BK was being re-released on XBLA. Awesomeness all over again.

I am sure that part of it is the fact that I was very used to the game play in BK and I felt like some of the changes made between the games, made BT much worse. One of my favorite parts of Banjo Kazooie was getting all 100 notes in a level, knowing that if I died, I would need to start all over. I am only on Witchy World (never finished the game, but I am playing through it again now), but the notes are all incredibly easy to find.I also don't like needing to walk around as Mumbo to perform things and most of the transformations sucked. The jiggies are also less straight foward and harder to figure out. I enjoy more linear games though so that might just be me.

I will probably play through Nuts and Bolts before I decide if I am buying BK and BT on xbox live because I already have them on my N64.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is a classic. I remember every time my mom and I would go somewhere that sold video games, I would beg her to buy this game. When I finally got it, I was like a kid on Christmas. In fact, I think that's when I got it. To me, Banjo-Kazooie was the best N64 game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:

I am sure that part of it is the fact that I was very used to the game play in BK and I felt like some of the changes made between the games, made BT much worse. One of my favorite parts of Banjo Kazooie was getting all 100 notes in a level, knowing that if I died, I would need to start all over. I am only on Witchy World (never finished the game, but I am playing through it again now), but the notes are all incredibly easy to find.I also don't like needing to walk around as Mumbo to perform things and most of the transformations sucked. The jiggies are also less straight foward and harder to figure out. I enjoy more linear games though so that might just be me.

Interesting...
So you didn't like BT because the notes were too easy, but the jiggies were too hard... That seems rather odd, but I guess I'll have to accept it. Might I say that having to start over at 0 notes in BK if you died made for some extremely irritating experiences - though I finally did reach the big 900 back in the day.

I'll agree that BT's jiggies were a lot harder and less straight-forward, but you have to admit that some of the initial jiggies in BK are rather ridiculous how easy they are (Mumbo's Mountain can be FC'd in about half an hour).

My biggest gripe between the two were the boss battles, honestly. BK's Gruntilda felt so much more epic and a greater accomplishment than did BT's.

Either way, I had a great time playing both games, though BK gets the nod in the fun factor.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
CorpusCollosum wrote:
muna wrote:

I will probably play through Nuts and Bolts before I decide if I am buying BK and BT on xbox live because I already have them on my N64.

i think BT was better because for me BK was much too easy until the very end. for most of the game the jiggies were practically handed to you (up until Mad Monster Mansion and Rusty Bucket Bay, god i hate those levels), however in BT you had to work for alot more jiggies. i also enjoyed the numerous secret areas, the increased number of boss battles (there were only 3 or 4 not counting Grunty in BK), the increased number of mini games, and the graphics got better.

thats just me.

a funny video of me choking on Monkey Wrench will go here once i get my GH2 log
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotgunmerc
Hypertails2000  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
When they come out for XBLA, then Stop'n'Swap should work.

Wait... I thought that only BK was confirmed for XBLA... Do you have a source for that? If both games are coming out as a bundle I'll definatley pick them up, some of my favorite games of all time.

Also, I thought that Rare didn't bother programing in Stop & Swoop as it was intended, I've never heard of any hackers finding code for it within the N64 cart...

On the other hand, perhaps we'll be able to experience Bottles Revenge in all its glory if they do rerelease BT on XBLA
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the other BK topics has a link saying that BK and BT will both be released with the Stop N Swap feature working. No talk if there will be any connection with BK3, though that would be pretty badass lol

I'm almost done with BK now. Still have abit to go before 100%, but I've given Grunty's board game a go and failed at the last mini-game. Probably will beat the game and then will go back and try to 100% the levels since I only have about half 100%.
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypertails2000 wrote:
muna wrote:
When they come out for XBLA, then Stop'n'Swap should work.

Wait... I thought that only BK was confirmed for XBLA... Do you have a source for that? If both games are coming out as a bundle I'll definatley pick them up, some of my favorite games of all time.

Also, I thought that Rare didn't bother programing in Stop & Swoop as it was intended, I've never heard of any hackers finding code for it within the N64 cart...

On the other hand, perhaps we'll be able to experience Bottles Revenge in all its glory if they do rerelease BT on XBLA

I have heard nothing of BT being released on XBLA. I, too, thought it was just BK... though I suppose that would render the Stop n' Swap features useless if they didn't release both games at some point... At any rate, I'll be more than glad to play or the other on the arcade, as I have not had a functioning N64 in a while now.

muna  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FC'd Mumbo's Mountain in 16 minutes while not on a speedrun so I do agree that the earlier levels are ridiculousy easy, but Clanker's Cavern, and Gobi's Valley and on are good challenging levels. The idea of getting 900 notes was always what drew me to the game. I eventually did FC the game a few weeks ago, but it was a challenge. As hard as RBB was, I actually think that Click Clock Wood is harder. I died 2 times in CCW before I got all 100 notes by falling from the top of the tree.

Banjo Tooie just doesn't give that same feeling of accomplishment. Sure, you can get 100 notes, but they are insanely easy to find and are in bundles of either 5 or 20 which makes my favorite part of Banjo Kazooie way too easy. Overall, I felt that while Banjo Kazooie started off as an easy game, it got tougher and the difficulty in collecting the jiggies and notes were about even. In Tooie the jiggies are much harder to find while the notes are handed to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: